[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson question

Does anyone know if she has ever performed Up the Ladder to the Roof in concert? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Does anyone know if she has ever performed Up the Ladder to the Roof in concert? Thanks
    Yes on November 7th 2003 at 8,52pm.

The only time I can remember her singing it was when she would sing the lead with Cindy and Scherrie on backgrounds.

Ok. Thanks Marv. I wonder why not in her solo shows

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    The only time I can remember her singing it was when she would sing the lead with Cindy and Scherrie on backgrounds.
    Such as here:

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    Such as here:

That's it! Thanks Luckyluckyme.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Ok. Thanks Marv. I wonder why not in her solo shows
    Anytime Luke. Mary is one that has sung a very wide variety of songs in her shows over the years. She changes up her set lists for each type of show she is presenting, i.e. Symphony, Up Close/Jazz, Pop/Supremes etc. She's done a number of songs recorded by the Supremes in the 70s. I'd love to have her include "Piano In the Dark" again and "Been Around the World [[Looking for My Baby).

Anytime Luke. Mary is one that has sung a very wide variety of songs in her shows over the years. She changes up her set lists for each type of show she is presenting, i.e. Symphony, Up Close/Jazz, Pop/Supremes etc. She's done a number of songs recorded by the Supremes in the 70s. I'd love to have her include "Piano In the Dark" again and "Been Around the World [[Looking for My Baby).
    It’s easy to change your set list when all you have are covers of other artists songs. Nobody is expecting her hits since she really never sang lead on a hit record.

Thanks so much. Cindy was really getting into it. As a solo artist, Mary does an outstanding job on Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Thanks so much. Cindy was really getting into it. As a solo artist, Mary does an outstanding job on Nathan.
    I could not answer your message. Your inbox is full.

That must be one of the many reasons why she has remained a megastar for all these years whilst her former colleagues have struggled to scale such heights!

Sb ok now.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    Such as here:

If anyone wants to know why the post-Jean supremes [[lower case 's' is a typo but staying due to its appropriateness) fizzled this clip answers the question.