[REMOVE ADS]

Temptations TV Movie

Anyone know why this has not made it to blu ray yet? I haven't seen it in a long time and if I watch it again, I'd like to see it in 1080P with loss less sound.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    Anyone know why this has not made it to blu ray yet? I haven't seen it in a long time and if I watch it again, I'd like to see it in 1080P with loss less sound.
    That would be great. Definitely needs released with special features. I hate bareboned DVDs and Blu-rays.

Also, The Temptations' TV Movie needs to be released in it's full length version [[the DVD that came out years ago is edited).

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Also, The Temptations' TV Movie needs to be released in it's full length version [[the DVD that came out years ago is edited).
    Thought I heard about that. Any specific examples you can remember. I thought the one you had to order from tv that had two VHS tapes was the Fuller version. Then the single VHS and DVD of that VHS is the edited version.

How time flies,it's been twenty years!

Quote Originally Posted by Fourtopsbiggestfan View Post
    Thought I heard about that. Any specific examples you can remember. I thought the one you had to order from tv that had two VHS tapes was the Fuller version. Then the single VHS and DVD of that VHS is the edited version.
    There's too many differences to mention between the 'broadcast' version from 1998 and the DVD version of The Temptations Mini Series. I only know that from editing the nearly four hour version that aired over two nights in Nov. 98 down to a single DVD, a lot of the show was taken out. And I remember one of the commercials from the show mentioning the 'longer version' that you had to order from NBC [[this is the version that should come out on Blu-Ray).

Thanks, I had no idea that there is a longer version and extras would be the icing on the cake. The movie was a bonafide hit so it's a mystery as to why there is not a HD version. Lonesome Dove is another well received, Motown/Suzanne de Passe production but it did get released on blu ray.

If I'm not mistaken, the DVD that came out a decade ago featured the full-length version. I could be wrong about this, as I faintly remember there was a scene with the Tempts sitting on a stage and winding down after a show in the first half of the original NBC broadcast. I own a single VHS that contains a severely edited cut of the miniseries.

I have that dvd..i'm still hoping for a theatrical film directed by spike lee or maybe the folks that did[ray]-temptations forever.

No idea about that. I use Netflix more than anything else. I will find this movie there once I finish watching shows by Andy Yeatman with my kids. I am badly addicted to these series. Anyways, I have also heard a lot about this movie and I will watch it with my husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckartt49 View Post
    No idea about that. I use Netflix more than anything else. I will find this movie there once I finish watching shows by Andy Yeatman with my kids. I am badly addicted to these series. Anyways, I have also heard a lot about this movie and I will watch it with my husband.
    Eckartt! I'm there too! I get my fix/ Jones on when the missus and the chillrun are out the house! And it always ends the same: You watchin THAT again?!! Same scenario with The Jacksons: An American Journey.[[my 2nd favorite music movie) So both broadcasts and have both DVDs!!

"Lost in Music."