[REMOVE ADS]

The 'New' Dionne Single - LP On The Way

I always look forward to a new Dionne cd, although I'm over the remakes, even if they are good.

Not to mention, this updated version of WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW was actually done in 2003 for the UTV cd "CHURCH: SONGS OF SOUL & INSPIRATION."

Well, at least this looks like it will have less retreads. She's really run her remakes dry.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I always look forward to a new Dionne cd, although I'm over the remakes, even if they are good.

Not to mention, this updated version of WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW was actually done in 2003 for the UTV cd "CHURCH: SONGS OF SOUL & INSPIRATION."
    If what you say is correct it would be difficult for me, personally, to have any interest [[not to mention any respect ...) for any recording artist to pass off a 16 year old remake as a new single. Bad enough to read that Dionne's re-entry into the 'contemporary' market is a remake of a 50 year old cut but for her to pass off a 16 year old remake as 'new' is [[to me) quite disrespectful to her audience. I'll pass on the whole thing.

Huge Dionne fan here but I too must confess to being both disappointed and confused by what I am reading so far. How can she possibly think of releasing WTWNN as the lead single and expect to accomplish anything with it? I listened to it today on the clip provided, but I did not pick up on the fact that it was recorded 16 years ago!!! What is up with that?

Then there is the fact that she is apparently going duet crazy again. Why does she not have the confidence to record new music just by herself? Surely she must realize that is what her true fans want. And the repackaging/remastering or whatever of that 1998 album sounds like a gimmick to generate a higher price I am afraid.

Last but not least, why is this being touted as her "first R & B album in 50 years" when so far all indications are that it will be anything BUT that?

I will buy it because that is what I do where she is concerned, but something tells me it will be a huge letdown.

I'm also disappointed so far by this whole thing. I was not entirely surprised by her decision to re-re-re-record her classics yet again, but to put out a previously released recording from 2003 as a single in 2019 is pretty disappointing. They are also adding on a remastered version of the "Dionne Sings Dionne" album as disc 2 for the deluxe version of the album. Really scratching my head with this one. I see she is beginning a Vegas residency soon, so I wonder if they rushed this project out the door to capitalize on that?

Not to take attention away from this discussion, but can anyone share with me the track listing for a release entitled Dionne Warwick The Collection? I realize there have been numerous compilations with similar titles, but this one is British, I am pretty sure, and it features a large caricature of her on the front cover with a gigantic D. I think it was originally released as a 2 CD vinyl set and then maybe re-issued as a CD later. It appears to be available for a very cheap price some places and I was just wondering if it was a worthwhile recording for a completist like me.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    Not to take attention away from this discussion, but can anyone share with me the track listing for a release entitled Dionne Warwick The Collection? I realize there have been numerous compilations with similar titles, but this one is British, I am pretty sure, and it features a large caricature of her on the front cover with a gigantic D. I think it was originally released as a 2 CD vinyl set and then maybe re-issued as a CD later. It appears to be available for a very cheap price some places and I was just wondering if it was a worthwhile recording for a completist like me.
    https://www.discogs.com/Dionne-Warwi...elease/1545724

Thanks Reese. Even though I probably have 12-15 copies of each song on here, I still might buy this collection just because it is so reasonably priced. I could listen to "All the Time".... well just about ALL THE TIME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    If what you say is correct it would be difficult for me, personally, to have any interest [[not to mention any respect ...) for any recording artist to pass off a 16 year old remake as a new single. Bad enough to read that Dionne's re-entry into the 'contemporary' market is a remake of a 50 year old cut but for her to pass off a 16 year old remake as 'new' is [[to me) quite disrespectful to her audience. I'll pass on the whole thing.
    I agree with this. I first listened to this new effort before learning how long ago it was recorded , and I thought , wow her voice is in fine shape. Isn't this cut going to stand out when compared to what her voice actually sounds like today on the rest of this release? Or, maybe her voice hasn't changed in 16 years ....

I see Nomad is back to being Damon.

Great to see one of the tracks on Dionne's new album is a duo with Kevon Edmonds, top lead from After 7 a group I have so much respect for, unlike Dionne who I have seen many times first as a teenager, After 7 & Kevon who released two solo albums I have never seen live here in the UK, but I have every single and album. Can't wait to hear the results of his duo.

Little disappointed with the début single from Dionne Warwick's new album 'She's Back' released next week a duet with Musiq Soulchild “Am I Dreaming” the beat does not suit Dionne and he vocal does not seem to work? Hope the album is much better.

New video of 2019 version of What The World Needs Now, is here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Chxe89O6c

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Nice; Dionne sounds good and I love the background vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Go on, Miss Dionne Warwick! Classy, timeless and timely video. Thanks for posting.

This is the track which was released last Friday Dionne Warwick & Musiq Soulchild “Am I Dreaming”

http://youknowigotsoul.com/musiq-sou...-am-i-dreaming