[REMOVE ADS]




Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 178
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    588

    Leaving Neverland, HBO

    I watched HBO's Leaving Neverland last night. I am still speechless. It was a devestating two hours. I believe the boys. One was 7 years old.

    Superstardom is so powerful. Even if one does not believe the boys, the show was an expose on superstardom, and how most of us would do almost anything to get close to these superstars.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 03-04-2019 at 08:44 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    588
    One of the guys said it was devastating when Michael began to lose interest in him. He said the sex would still continue on rare occasions, and that those occasions instilled the great hope that Michael was again interested in him.

    This might explain why they lied in court on Michael's behalf. Lying was yet another attempt to win Michael's approval, and hopefully be welcomed back into his sacred inner circle. The power of superstardom is almost beyond measure.

  3. #3
    I have not watched the documentary, but I have done a lot of independent research and have read/watched many of the interviews given by the alleged victims and the director to draw my own conclusion. I am a Michael Jackson fan, however I have not typically been one to be simply swayed and blinded by the celebrity worship mentality. I like to think that I can maintain my own objectivity when it comes to my favourite artists. With that being said, in the era of this #MeToo movement, those who come forward with claims of sexual abuse should always be heard and respected. However, for me, this particular situation is quite different, as there are countless background facts that make me question the validity of their claims. I have included an image below, which lays out some of these facts. These facts make it difficult for me to 100% believe that these men have come forward without any financial motivation. The director has said numerous times that the alleged victims are not being compensated, however this latest article from Roger Friedman makes me question this (see link included below), as well as the fact that both of these men are currently appealing their lawsuit against the estate that was thrown out of court. Unfortunately this documentary is extremely one-sided, unlike the R. Kelly doc, which also included those in his inner circle, employees, etc. Not only this, but other young friends of Michael's, such as Brett Barnes, Corey Feldman and Macaulay Caulkin, who are still insistent that they were not abused, were omitted (Brett Barnes is threatening HBO with his own lawsuit due to the unauthorized inclusion of his name/image in this doc). The "legitimacy" of this documentary rests solely on the detailed and explicit accounts laid out by these two men, which will predictably and intentionally evoke a heavy and charged emotional reaction from the viewer. Many have already noticed that their detailed accounts of the abuse very much parallel a tabloid book released in 1997 called, "Michael Jackson Was My Lover" by Victor M. Gutierrez.

    Furthermore, last night on Twitter, I read that one of the claims made by James Safechuck was that MJ had lost interest in him and cut off communication once he hit puberty at the age of 13. However, fans responded to this claim by tweeting a photo of James at the age of 16, with Michael and his ex-wife Lisa Marie Presley. In this photo, he had apparently accompanied them on an international trip. I am sure this is just the first of many claims to be debunked.

    Do I think it was 'normal' behavior or smart for Michael Jackson to have formed close friendships with children? No. Was he a normal person with a normal psychological profile? No, especially not with his abnormal upbringing and level of unprecedented fame. However, I do not believe that any abusive behavior took place.

    https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/03/0...ving-neverland
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #4
    I have not seen this film, and I have not read the books about this.

    My only question is this!

    Where were the parents allowing unsupervised visits?

    A huge part of being a parent is INSURING their safety at all times.

    edafan

  5. #5
    None of us was there when it did happen, if it did happen.
    Everyone should read Aphrodite Jones “conspiracy”, her book about the trail, and then put himself/herself in the place of the children’s parents before and during the trial, in the place of MJ during the trial, and in the place of the children then and ever since.
    As far as I’m concerned, I do think MJ, as bizzare and special as he was sometimes, never did any harm to any child.
    What would you do today if you had known MJ as a kid, and would be offered huge sums of money just by telling lies, knowing MJs image is already forever corrupted, that you don’t risk anything in terms of diffamarory affirmations, and that MJ won’t suffer because of you as he’s dead for nearly 10 years?

    In the end, there’s so much magic in MJ recordings, audio and video, that I don’t really care either at that!
    David Ruffin, just to mention one, wasn’t less talented because he wasn’t exactly the most friendly person ever, so why should we try and diminish MJ with his personal life?

    Just a few cents....

  6. #6
    It's only starts tonight in The UK, on two consecutive nights, I am quite suspicious of programmes like this? why leave it so long, claims no parents were ever present, there are photo's of photo's, some questions about dates claimed. We have gone though the same in the UK over and over again often people who have passed and can't defend themselves any longer!

    Interesting here in the UK are running a bus side campaign to raise questions, disappointed with BBC they have taken all Michael Jackson music off air, once it was Innocent until proven guilty.

    Be interesting to see the programme being made by TJ Jackson of 3T!

  7. #7
    I'm sorry to break from the pack but I believe them. Michael got away with too much. Celebrities pay to get off crimes. Look at O.J. and R. Kelly. And this is all I'm gonna say about "Leaving Neverland".

  8. #8
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/05/enter...son/index.html

    That's Corey Feldman defending Jackson.

    It's really hard to have an opinion on this - at least one that is worth much because I wasn't there either, nor did I know the people.

    The people do seem opportunistic. But on the other hand, Michael and those he relied on seemed incredibly stupid putting himself in that position with young boys. Most of the crimes involving pedophiles occur with the offender putting himself in the proximity where the crime can be committed and Jackson certainly set himself up.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/05/enter...ebs/index.html

    Why Some Feel the Need to Protect Black Celebs Like Michael Jackson

  11. #11
    I’m with the pack on this one! This whole “documentary” is just tabloid fodder. At least the R. Kelly doc had interviews with members of his entourage that could back up the allegations against him! “Leaving Neverland” had none of that!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I saw the whole segment last night! Roland Martin actually did his homework.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    I saw the whole segment last night! Roland Martin actually did his homework.
    He did indeed. I sincerely believe that if any of the things that are being said now were true, Taj Jackson and others would just be silent. I do not believe Michael Jackson molested children.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    He did indeed. I sincerely believe that if any of the things that are being said now were true, Taj Jackson and others would just be silent. I do not believe Michael Jackson molested children.
    You can believe or not believe that MJ molested little boys but there is no doubt that something was severely wrong with him. And his whole family for that matter. If any civilian in the USA repeatedly had young children spending nights and sharing a bed with him, that civilian would still be behind bars today. Most child molesters are brilliant in duping not only the child but the parents of that child. Had it been anybody other than Michael Jackson neither of these guys parents would have allowed sleepovers with MJ. MJ further took himself down after the first trial by CONTINUING to have very young boys...never girls...do sleepovers and insist it was a beautiful thing. He then entered into a sham marriage with Lisa Presley who later admitted that he charismatically made her fall in love with him and then hide behind the marriage as MJ continued to slide into drug abuse and more interaction with young boys.

    I blame the parents as much as I blame MJ. I have longed wondered how he was able to get these parents to agree with these sleepovers. The documentary reveals this by having him schmooze the parents and siblings of his victims with lavish gifts and making them feel sorry for his lonely, misunderstood life.

    Anybody other than a molester would have learned from his first trial NOT to continue to have young boys doing sleepovers. But he didn't. He totally busted himself out with the Martin Breshears documentary where he is sitting on a couch holding hands with a young boy, and doing so in a way that was more romantic than father/son. I remember telling people at work the next day I'll bet this will become MJs second trial. A month later he was arrested. He also implicated himself in that same interview by trying to convince Breshears, and the public, that he had only had two nose jobs, that the severe reconstruction of his face was normal, that he was simply growing up.

    I'll give MJ that he was a musical genius. And all geniuses seem to be disturbed. I didn't want to believe that he was doing this until the Breshears interview happened. In that interview MJ looked like a man with severe mental issues. I don't know that all the things these two guys said happened really happened, but just reading his notes and faxes to them shows a man with a strange desire, they were totally inappropriate. We all want to remember him as little Michael Jackson from the J5. But the fallout from this documentary is already occurring, with Canada and England banning his music. Only a matter of time before it's banned here.

  15. #15
    I haven't seen the documentary nor do I have any intentions to. I'm not sure what happened between MJ and all those boys, but I knew at 14 years old when I saw that Martin Bashir interview when it aired that his relationships with those boys was totally inappropriate. What person says "The nicest thing you can do is share your bed" and thinks it's okay for a grown man (other than father and son) to sleep with a young boy? Like BayouMotownMan said, if a man is willing to lie about how many nose jobs he's had, what else will he lie about?

    This reminds me a lot about what is currently going on with Donald Trump. No person is accused multiple times of things and is truly innocent.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 03-05-2019 at 05:00 PM.

  16. #16
    Brad, thanks for the note, but I have to point out that what Donald Trump is accused of doing, he did with ADULTS. So it's not quite the same comparison.

  17. #17
    I don’t think anyone will argue about Michael ‘s mental state. I’d often speculated that he suffered from Aspergers (which is what I have) or something very similar. That would definitely explain at least partially why he behaved the way he did. However, people with Aspergers and other forms of Autism, have a very difficult time not being honest. So it’s possible that if Michael had any idea that he was doing something wrong, he would have told on himself.

    As far as any fallout from the documentary, they’re shouldn’t be any. I heard that the ratings for it and the after show were very poor. More people (especially Black Twitter) are mad about Oprah than MJ.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Brad, thanks for the note, but I have to point out that what Donald Trump is accused of doing, he did with ADULTS. So it's not quite the same comparison.
    Maybe I should clarify... On a broad scale of all things considered illegal, if you are accused multiple times of doing an illegal act, it makes your case of true innocence less believable.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    I don’t think anyone will argue about Michael ‘s mental state. I’d often speculated that he suffered from Aspergers (which is what I have) or something very similar. That would definitely explain at least partially why he behaved the way he did. However, people with Aspergers and other forms of Autism, have a very difficult time not being honest. So it’s possible that if Michael had any idea that he was doing something wrong, he would have told on himself.

    As far as any fallout from the documentary, they’re shouldn’t be any. I heard that the ratings for it and the after show were very poor. More people (especially Black Twitter) are mad about Oprah than MJ.
    Oprah is being destroyed in social media right now because of the show she is hosting with the two once Michael supporters, but now accusers.......

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Maybe I should clarify... On a broad scale of all things considered illegal, if you are accused multiple times of doing an illegal act, it makes your case of true innocence less believable.
    But he had a trial in 2005. Both of these guys in this documentary swore under oath that Michael Jackson never molested them. In fact, they were Defense witnesses. Michael cannot be arrested and prosecuted now, so the only motive I can see is money for these guys.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    You can believe or not believe that MJ molested little boys but there is no doubt that something was severely wrong with him. And his whole family for that matter. If any civilian in the USA repeatedly had young children spending nights and sharing a bed with him, that civilian would still be behind bars today. Most child molesters are brilliant in duping not only the child but the parents of that child. Had it been anybody other than Michael Jackson neither of these guys parents would have allowed sleepovers with MJ. MJ further took himself down after the first trial by CONTINUING to have very young boys...never girls...do sleepovers and insist it was a beautiful thing. He then entered into a sham marriage with Lisa Presley who later admitted that he charismatically made her fall in love with him and then hide behind the marriage as MJ continued to slide into drug abuse and more interaction with young boys.

    I blame the parents as much as I blame MJ. I have longed wondered how he was able to get these parents to agree with these sleepovers. The documentary reveals this by having him schmooze the parents and siblings of his victims with lavish gifts and making them feel sorry for his lonely, misunderstood life.

    Anybody other than a molester would have learned from his first trial NOT to continue to have young boys doing sleepovers. But he didn't. He totally busted himself out with the Martin Breshears documentary where he is sitting on a couch holding hands with a young boy, and doing so in a way that was more romantic than father/son. I remember telling people at work the next day I'll bet this will become MJs second trial. A month later he was arrested. He also implicated himself in that same interview by trying to convince Breshears, and the public, that he had only had two nose jobs, that the severe reconstruction of his face was normal, that he was simply growing up.

    I'll give MJ that he was a musical genius. And all geniuses seem to be disturbed. I didn't want to believe that he was doing this until the Breshears interview happened. In that interview MJ looked like a man with severe mental issues. I don't know that all the things these two guys said happened really happened, but just reading his notes and faxes to them shows a man with a strange desire, they were totally inappropriate. We all want to remember him as little Michael Jackson from the J5. But the fallout from this documentary is already occurring, with Canada and England banning his music. Only a matter of time before it's banned here.
    I will believe it when Diana Ross says so! After all, she was one of the people closest to him from a young age to adulthood.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    As far as any fallout from the documentary, they’re shouldn’t be any. I heard that the ratings for it and the after show were very poor. More people (especially Black Twitter) are mad about Oprah than MJ.
    Thats not factuall. Leaving Neverland got great ratings and is one of the most watched HBO documentaries of the past decade.

    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-2010s-1192299


    https://www.businessinsider.com/mich...nielsen-2019-3
    Last edited by Roberta75; 03-05-2019 at 08:43 PM.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    You can believe or not believe that MJ molested little boys but there is no doubt that something was severely wrong with him. And his whole family for that matter. If any civilian in the USA repeatedly had young children spending nights and sharing a bed with him, that civilian would still be behind bars today. Most child molesters are brilliant in duping not only the child but the parents of that child. Had it been anybody other than Michael Jackson neither of these guys parents would have allowed sleepovers with MJ. MJ further took himself down after the first trial by CONTINUING to have very young boys...never girls...do sleepovers and insist it was a beautiful thing. He then entered into a sham marriage with Lisa Presley who later admitted that he charismatically made her fall in love with him and then hide behind the marriage as MJ continued to slide into drug abuse and more interaction with young boys.

    I blame the parents as much as I blame MJ. I have longed wondered how he was able to get these parents to agree with these sleepovers. The documentary reveals this by having him schmooze the parents and siblings of his victims with lavish gifts and making them feel sorry for his lonely, misunderstood life.

    Anybody other than a molester would have learned from his first trial NOT to continue to have young boys doing sleepovers. But he didn't. He totally busted himself out with the Martin Breshears documentary where he is sitting on a couch holding hands with a young boy, and doing so in a way that was more romantic than father/son. I remember telling people at work the next day I'll bet this will become MJs second trial. A month later he was arrested. He also implicated himself in that same interview by trying to convince Breshears, and the public, that he had only had two nose jobs, that the severe reconstruction of his face was normal, that he was simply growing up.

    I'll give MJ that he was a musical genius. And all geniuses seem to be disturbed. I didn't want to believe that he was doing this until the Breshears interview happened. In that interview MJ looked like a man with severe mental issues. I don't know that all the things these two guys said happened really happened, but just reading his notes and faxes to them shows a man with a strange desire, they were totally inappropriate. We all want to remember him as little Michael Jackson from the J5. But the fallout from this documentary is already occurring, with Canada and England banning his music. Only a matter of time before it's banned here.
    As usual the voice of reason.

    I wasnt in the room so im not convinced MJ molested those boys but im not convinced that he didnt. Either way MJ made real poor choices and had no business having kids in his bed. The parents of the boys should never have allowed it either. If true, those boys have been severly damaged. If false then God will have to forgive them on judgement day.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Oprah is being destroyed in social media right now because of the show she is hosting with the two once Michael supporters, but now accusers.......
    If youd have watched the Oprah interview youd have seen she handled it extremelly well and she brought much needed attention to the huge issue of child sexual abuse.

    https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...301-story.html

    https://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...305-story.html

    https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...ackson-n979441

    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/l...on-1203151870/

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    As usual the voice of reason.

    I wasnt in the room so im not convinced MJ molested those boys but im not convinced that he didnt. Either way MJ made real poor choices and had no business having kids in his bed. The parents of the boys should never have allowed it either. If true, those boys have been severly damaged. If false then God will have to forgive them on judgement day.
    As frequently happens Ms. Roberta you have done 'beat me to the punch' and stated my thoughts perfectly. And I might add: If, say, Robin Thicke were accused of the same with the same set of circumstantial evidence, would the defenders here be jumping to Robin's defense? I think ... NOT!

  26. #26
    [QUOTE=marv2;505471]I will believe it when Diana Ross says so! After all, she was one of the people closest to him from a young age to adulthood

    Leave it to you Marv to pull Diana Ross into something she has no knowledge or involvement in. For the record, in several interviews she expressed concern for Jackson and told him he was spending too much time alone. She actually saw very little of him after Thriller.

    You got yourself thrown out of her concert. Deal with it

  27. #27
    Hold it now! Marv is on to something. Even if Diana wasn’t in Michael’s life as much after “Thriller”, there were many others in the business that were. Most, if not all have come to his defense. I might be more inclined to give this series a chance if they or anyone in Jackson’s entourage were involved. Again, R. Kelly’s documentary had not just the victims, but people who’d been in his life since his youth. Many people knew what he, and Bill Cosby for that matter, were up to for decades.
    We don’t have that with Michael.

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Hold it now! Marv is on to something. Even if Diana wasn’t in Michael’s life as much after “Thriller”, there were many others in the business that were. Most, if not all have come to his defense. I might be more inclined to give this series a chance if they or anyone in Jackson’s entourage were involved. Again, R. Kelly’s documentary had not just the victims, but people who’d been in his life since his youth. Many people knew what he, and Bill Cosby for that matter, were up to for decades.
    We don’t have that with Michael.
    But Marv or you or others in the business wasnt in the bedroom with MJ and the boy or boys. Michael has many many pedophile characteristic like always wanting to be in there company and was always around children and was always travelling and staying in hotel rooms with young boys and lavishing there parents with gifts and money. Sharing a bed with young boys isnt normal and the boys parents need horsewhipping IMO. I bought his innocene the first time around but the second time not so much.

  29. #29
    Good point jboy but Michael Jackson kept himself far more secluded from past acquaintances since before the allegations occurred. LaToya recently revealed that he even blocked out his own family. She also said, and Janet confirmed that on several occasions the family tried to stage an intervention. But Michael Jackson paid a bevy for bodyguards quite adept at keeping people away from the star. It would be very in line with reasoning that a child molester or anyone committing sex crimes are generally loners and keep a distance from family while having very few if any friends. If you saw the doc and saw the notes and faxes MJ was sending these boys it speaks a lot about his mindset. They were totally inappropriate.

    I didn't believe the accusations either. Until MJ did the Martin Beshears interview. I'm sure it is on YouTube. His vulnerability was apparent and his efforts at logic to justify having young boys sleep in his bed was shocking and totally incoherent. I knew then something untoward was going on. Even if the sexual act didn't happen the way these two accusers said it, MJ left himself wide open to criminal and civil charges simply by having underage boys, unattended, in his bedroom at night. MJ lied about Lisa Presley, his children are clearly NOT his biological children, he was a drug addict and was spiraling into bankruptcy. There was nothing anyone could do. As Elvis Presley did, he surrounded himself with YES men who should have stepped up once they knew what was really going on. I would not expect Ross, Robinson, Gordy or Wonder to admit to this because typically no one WANTS to believe such charges against such a beloved entertainer. Oprah Winfrey finally accepted all this and she is catching hell from fans and family. Why would other entertainers want to put themselves through this.

  30. #30
    [QUOTE=BayouMotownMan;505491]
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I will believe it when Diana Ross says so! After all, she was one of the people closest to him from a young age to adulthood

    Leave it to you Marv to pull Diana Ross into something she has no knowledge or involvement in. For the record, in several interviews she expressed concern for Jackson and told him he was spending too much time alone. She actually saw very little of him after Thriller.

    You got yourself thrown out of her concert. Deal with it
    Thank you, Motownman...He(marv2) is always trying to hijack a topic!!!!

  31. #31
    Following up on my earlier post in this thread, I've continued to do my own research during the last few days, as fan forums and news articles generally communicate a limited and biased picture. I came across a blog, which includes details and photos regarding Michael's friendship with Jonathan Spence, along with others. If you check out the second photo in the link below (see the position of Michael's hand on the right), it is enough to make me highly doubt his innocence. It's also very telling that Jonathan Spence has not spoken out since the 90's and did not testify at the 2005 trial.

    As a fan, part of me all of these years has really wanted to believe he was innocent, but when you take a good look at all of the facts for what they are...

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...51927219761673

  32. #32
    ...sorry, meant to say it is the first photo in the link.

  33. #33
    I’m watching part 2 right now. I was channel surfing and I stumbled upon it. Five minutes in and my head is spinning! I’m even gagging a little! Whether or not these men are telling the truth, It’s some heavy s***. Nevertheless I still think it’s one sided!

  34. #34
    Carlo, I was in exactly the same place you were. I simply refused to believe that this man who loved children so much would take advantage of them in this manner. I did notice early on that most of the kids around him were little boys, if there were girls they were a sister of those boys. Then the eccentricities just got worse and worse.

    I was also suspicious of the massive settlement he gave his first victim. Innocent men don't settle. It hurt his career greatly and when it didn't stop him from actively pursuing young boys my doubts grew.

    Again, it was the Martin Beshears documentary that really convinced me. He was sitting on a couch with that little boy and they were behaving like boyfriends instead of mentor/subject. I got a cold feeling watching it and then watching him squirm when Beshears asked why he was lying about not having facial reconstructions. We were talking about it at work the next day and I remember telling a friend the little boy in that piece was probably going to be Jackson's next lawsuit. A month later he was.

    MJs mugshot was one of the wierdest I've ever seen. He looked defiant and a bit effeminate.

    I'm a believer that where there is smoke, there is fire. There's a huge amount of smoke around MJ.

  35. #35
    Steve Harvey got on him about hanging out with underaged boys. I’m sure others in his circle tried to tell him the same thing! It was only after the ‘05 trail that Mike got the message! From then until his death, the only kids we saw him with were his own.

  36. #36

  37. #37
    I am friends with Evan Ross on Facebook and he is really mad about this documentary. He said its not true. When he was young he was very close to Michael Jackson and knew him very well. That he spent a lot of time with Michael..He also brought up Macaluy Calkin and Corey Feldman. He is also upset with Oprah for giving them this platform.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 03-06-2019 at 04:02 AM.

  38. #38
    Some of the Gordy’s are very angry too

  39. #39
    Thanks BayouMotownMan. I agree that there was a lot of "smoke" around MJ.

    Earlier in this thread, jbpintus pointed out the book called "The Michael Jackson Conspiracy" by Aphrodite Jones. I used to own this book and read it possibly 10 years ago. I remember it was a well-written pro-Michael Jackson argument, presenting the holes in the court case from 2005. At the time I had read it, I was on the fence regarding his innocence and I remember this book swayed me to his side. I may need to re-visit it again and see if this book still holds up for me, in light of the new information being presented. I am big on getting the real facts, as there is a lot of misinformed journalists out there at the moment, writing articles and incorporating a lot of untrue hearsay and gossip in order to build an argument for "cancelling Michael Jackson" from our culture.

    I tend to wonder how things will be going foward? There are already dozens of radio stations pledging to ban Michael from their playlists. I feel that it will be difficult to 100% 'cancel' Michael Jackson, as his music heavily influenced so many artists. Every time we see and hear Bruno Mars, we get the MJ comparisons. I wonder if Diana will continue to perform "Ease on Down the Road" in her shows? I hope she will.

  40. #40
    It was an epic fail! The ratings were in the toilet, with barely a million viewers and Oprah's interview did even worse with less than 800,000 viewers.

  41. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It was an epic fail! The ratings were in the toilet, with barely a million viewers and Oprah's interview did even worse with less than 800,000 viewers.

    It wasnt an epic fail it was the third most watched documentary in a decade.

    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-2010s-1192299

    Besides a million or a hundred viewers it was all worth it if one more child come forward to speak out about if it happened to them. 1 in 6 kids are sexually abused. 1 in 6.
    Last edited by Roberta75; 03-06-2019 at 10:45 AM.

  42. #42
    Here is a great interview by Piers Morgan with the director of the doc, Dan Reed. Great points raised by both sides.



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRIJDgLRyNA

  43. #43
    Deleted & exiting thread.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 03-06-2019 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Exiting thread

  44. #44
    Heres's a Facebook post from one of the Gordy's which I asked if I could repost. Cheryl is Robert's sister.


    Robert Gordy Jr
    17 hrs ·

    Cheryl Tyrrell wrote:
    Wade Robson... you should be ashamed of yourself!!! You and your family befriended the biggest star in the world. I personally recall your mom Joy calling MJJ Music with a sob story about needing money knowing that Michael Jackson loved her and your entire family and would do anything to help her. Michael especially loved you like a son because you dreamed of being a dancer as your mother took you around Australia impersonating who.... Michael Jackson.
    Your family moved to the United States leaving your father behind and Michael gave you a record deal as part of a rap duo named QUO! It FAILED!!!
    Michael Set you up with his niece Brandi and you guys were together for several years... until you CHEATED with other woman several Times.... she left you!
    You still remained in the Jackson Circle.... Why? Because it opened doors for you being associated with Michael Jackson and his family.
    That association with Michael Jackson afforded you the opportunity to befriend such artist as Justin Timberlake and Brittany spears... and what did you do...You started working with Justin as a Choreographer and then slept with his girlfriend Brittany Spears and was FIRED. Justin then wrote a song about it called "Cry Me A River". And yet you called Justin your FRIEND!!!
    You used your association with Michael Jackson to befriend PRINCE and Mayte.... and what did you do.... You slept with HER!!! Some friend you are!!
    You use your association with Michael Jackson to get yourself a gig on a television dance show.... word gets out about your previous disregard and loyalty toward high profile celebrities... and what happens.... you get CUT from that show.
    Michael Jackson plans his THIS IS IT concert and you BEG to be the choreographer for the show.... Michael Chooses another Choreographer.... what do you do now that your web of lies are catching up with you and you are now Hollywood damaged goods.... You turn on the one man who looked out for you and your family your ENTIRE life and make up child abuse/molestation allegations that you have emphatically stated for many many years....NEVER HAPPENED!!
    Fast forward to today... Michael Jackson is sadly NO LONGER with us. You now beg Michaels Nephew Taj Jackson for VIP access to Michael Jacksons funeral for YOU and your entire family. yet you claim this monster molested you...Sick.
    You are now considered a home wrecking, disloyal individual and is essentially blackballed from Hollywood. What do you do? Because You know the world knows you are associated with Michael Jackson.... you use that association once again to change your LIFE LONG STORY to now claim... Michael Jackson molested you. Why? because you are BROKE and your wife is demanding you start making money or she will leave you.
    You now convince another broke kid from Michaels past (Pepsi commercial) to join you in a frivolous lawsuit against Michael Jacksons Estate for 100's of Millions of dollars. The courts agree that there is no merit to this lawsuit and dismiss it!!
    The Jackson family never fight back when people say disparaging things about their family. Mrs. Jackson once told me when i questioned her about this... she replied "because DIRT sinks and CREAM rises"
    Wade knows this to be true as well........
    So -- What does he do? He and "James Safechuck" concoct a story so salacious, so scandalous so despicable, and presents it to HBO for a one sided EXPLOSIVE televised documentary of LIES... in hopes that the Michael Jackson BILLION DOLLAR ESTATE will settle with you financially to make this documentary go away.
    Well that documentary of LIES will air this weekend.... and unlike the Jackson's past... this new generations of Jackson kids are not having it!! they are suing HBO for airing your lying ass!!
    I hope when this is all said and done, the estate counter sues YOU in civil court and WIN! I hope it renders you penniless for the rest of your life. Michael Jackson was good to YOU, your mother Joy and your sister Chantel.... and because your gravy train has run out... THIS is how you repay him. You are a sad excuse for a human being!!!
    Sorry for this long post... but knowing what i know I just couldn't be silent.
    For any of you who thought Michael Jackson was strange... I get it... because there is no one else on earth to compare him to. Yes, there are other child stars who grew up to "blend in" to society...and i get it... But when you are Michael Jackson and the only thing on earth that is more recognizable than you is the yellow "M" at McDonalds..... that in itself is "Strange!"
    Anyways.... i say...... "Boycott!" the documentary... and if you MUST WATCH... know that you now know the basis of the scandalous lies contained within the documentary!
    Let that man rest in PEACE!!!

  45. #45
    Peace N' Harmony, I noticed you deleted your post after I had responded to and quoted the same post. Out of respect for your decision to delete it, I have also deleted my response. Cheers

  46. #46
    Let’s be real, there’s skepticism on both sides of this story! As harrowing as the show might have been, it’s still a one sided affair that IMO, caters to the side that says he’s guilty! And I hate that they are making these allegations about a man who’s not around to defend himself! And I don’t like how some fans are trying to “cancel” him.

    Even if the ratings were decent, the reviews have been mixed. As stated before, more people are upset with Oprah for giving these guys more credibility! Everyone in the audience were survivors of abuse. No one from the Jackson family was involved. Again, one sided. While I’m not about “canceling” people, Oprah lost a lot of cool points!

    Michael Jackson is gone now. He’s faced his final judgment! Why not just let this go, and enjoy the music he left us.

    But that’s just my opinion.

  47. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Let’s be real, there’s skepticism on both sides of this story! As harrowing as the show might have been, it’s still a one sided affair that IMO, caters to the side that says he’s guilty! And I hate that they are making these allegations about a man who’s not around to defend himself! And I don’t like how some fans are trying to “cancel” him.

    Even if the ratings were decent, the reviews have been mixed. As stated before, more people are upset with Oprah for giving these guys more credibility! Everyone in the audience were survivors of abuse. No one from the Jackson family was involved. Again, one sided. While I’m not about “canceling” people, Oprah lost a lot of cool points!

    Michael Jackson is gone now. He’s faced his final judgment! Why not just let this go, and enjoy the music he left us.

    But that’s just my opinion.
    I agree. They tried him when he was alive and he was found not guilty. To attempt to try him again after he has died is disingenuous and a waste of time. I will remain satisfied with the verdict of 2005....Not Guilty! I will also enjoy Michael's music when I want!

  48. #48
    I have very mixed feelings about this now because there has been support for Mr. Jackson from people that were there.

    As a lawyer, I have quite a lot of doubt that anything would have stood up in criminal court and it didn't stand up in one case.

    What is clear is what we see so often; entertainers are often not the most knowledgeable, book educated people and they make very stupid choices that come back to haunt them for the rest of their lives. (Maybe we all do!)

    Michael Jackson made some of dumbest choices you could ever make and paid dearly for them. We now live in an age of information and misinformation where standards are increasingly high and Mr. Jackson and his estate are still paying the price for bad choices.

  49. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    more people are upset with Oprah for giving these guys more credibility! Everyone in the audience were survivors of abuse. No one from the Jackson family was involved. Again, one sided. While I’m not about “canceling” people, Oprah lost a lot of cool points!
    In Oprahs defense she said that this is bigger than Michael Jackson and Oprah is survivor of sexual abuse. If this documentary brings more attention to pedophillia then its done its job. Id encourage everyone to read this.

    https://medium.com/@anthonyedwards/y...g-f2bcf56434b9

  50. #50

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.