[REMOVE ADS]

RIP Katherine Helmond

A wonderful comedic actress has left us at the age of 89 after battling Alzheimers. Depending on your age [[and the re-runs you may have watched), you would either know her as the ditzy Jessica Tate on "Soap" or as Judith Light's mother on the Tony Danza show "Who's the Boss." My memory is a little shaky but I think her character's name was Mona on that show. At any rate, she could be a hoot.

I remember both shows very well. Katherine was a very funny lady. Thank you for the laughs. Rest In Peace.

She could do it all. My earliest memory of her was her brief role in The Autobiography of Jane Pittman as a vicious, racist Confederate widow. I was three when it first aired, but her performance is seared into my memory. She was terrific. Rest in power.

I remember her. She was great . She had a way of saying funny things, while keeping a straight face and making you believe she was serious. LOL! Rest in peace Katherine. Thank you.