[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Gladys vs Patti

Gladys vs Patti

Never seen show but how can anyone think Patti and Gladys sound alike?https://www.goldderby.com/article/20...uess-poll/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Never seen show but how can anyone think Patti and Gladys sound alike?https://www.goldderby.com/article/20...uess-poll/amp/
    Perhaps they need a pair of these

Robin knew it was Gladys all along

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    That's crazy. I've been listening to both of them all of my life. As soon as I hear their voices, I can tell who it is.
    Last edited by marv2; 02-28-2019 at 11:07 PM.

They are just stupid. Both Patti and Gladys have some of the most recognizable voices in popular music. If they can't tell them apart, they're dumb. Simple as that lmao

Gladys has a deep soulful voice from down deep while Patti tends to sing in a more nasal style... Just a matter of taste I suppose...

I wouldn't read too much into the comments that the judges were making on this show...as one of them was adamant the entire time it was Patti LaBelle, Anita Baker or Tina Turner. If you know anything about music, you would easily be able to distinguish those voices. I would not be surprised if the judges were advised by the producers to make all sorts of wild guesses in order to create more mystery and suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into the comments that the judges were making on this show...as one of them was adamant the entire time it was Patti LaBelle, Anita Baker or Tina Turner. If you know anything about music, you would easily be able to distinguish those voices. I would not be surprised if the judges were advised by the producers to make all sorts of wild guesses in order to create more mystery and suspense.
    Well, it didn't work [[at least for the Gladys portion, which is what I watched). It created no mystery or suspense for me. But it did remind me of the big quiz scandals of the fifties where contestants were told to miss certain questions to "create mystery and suspense" and also some of the contestants with likeable personalities were fed answers so that they could continue to come back and increase ratings.

I think advicing judges how to react is just as bad as feeding contestants answers or telling them to miss questions that they obviously know.

But we are not as nieve as we were in the fifties. The judges reactions to the obvious came accross as fake to me.