[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross & The Supremes / Cover Songs

Has anyone ever posted this before?....LOL. Production seems ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKOcdgykMvU

Just a few lines into "Reflections" and I had to turn it off. Some of these cover projects employ singers who compliment the original artists. This, however, is not one of them. Interesting post though Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Just a few lines into "Reflections" and I had to turn it off. Some of these cover projects employ singers who compliment the original artists. This, however, is not one of them. Interesting post though Aaron.
    LOL...I did manage a couple of songs, but yeah I wont be listening to this ever again.

The lady has a pleasant voice, and it is a bit evocative of Ross. I like how on the album cover it says "Can you tell the difference between these and the original sounds?" Well, yes, I think most people could.

In the US, this type of "copy cat" album would usually come out on the Pickwick label. I'm not familiar with the Arc label. Is it a UK budget line?

Hellish! Why bother with rhinestones when you can have diamonds! The sleeve notes are utter rubbish! Apparently Diana Ross was replaced by the strangely named Cindy Birdsong. It was made in Canada so UK not to blame!

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Hellish! Why bother with rhinestones when you can have diamonds! The sleeve notes are utter rubbish! Apparently Diana Ross was replaced by the strangely named Cindy Birdsong. It was made in Canada so UK not to blame!
    I hadn't looked at the notes. That's hilarious!