[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

National enquirer reports that diana made demands before appearing on motown 60

This is from the NATIONAL ENQUIRER, so consider the source while reading.

They report that Diana, “who ditched her childhood chums from ’60s girl group The Supremes to seek solo stardom in the ’70s”, has stuck it to them again.

She said that she would appear on the MOTOWN 60 show, only if Cindy and Mary were banned from stage.

Another demand, according to the ENQUIRER, is that she would only do the Motown show if she got a spot on the Grammy Awards Show. But at the last minute Mary and Cindy were invited to sit in audience.

Again, consider the source.

https://www.nationalenquirer.com/pho...m-motown-bash/

If true, where is all this animosity coming from after all these years once again? Isn't it time to bury the hatchet and grow up already? We've heard for quite a long time that Cindy is not all that well which would mean Diana has no empathy towards her let alone Mary. During a question and answer segment of one of Diana's shows someone asked her about Cindy and she said she had no idea where Cindy was which I found ridiculous as she could easily find her if she wanted. Then again maybe this is all hype. I for one am way past Ross's attitude which I thought she was over it. Just childish.

While the wording of her going solo is hardly objective, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if there was an edict about Mary on stage. I would do the same thing considering her penchant for ignoring the wishes of producers. I doubt that it’s true since only a tube would include bed ridden Cindy. I love it: DIRT! Anyone else leaves a group - it’s going solo - Diana leaving her group with 7 months notice is “sticking it to them”. LOL

So Cindy was there? Lol. This story was planted by someone disgruntled.

Ain't the Enquirer BANKRUPT? LOL

It's a rather anodyne story. Essentially Diana negotiated to appear on her own terms. She's able to do so due to her historic status as an American popular music icon. Gets hoax-ey with the Cindy part, though. Thank u, next?

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    This is from the NATIONAL ENQUIRER, so consider the source while reading.

They report that Diana, “who ditched her childhood chums from ’60s girl group The Supremes to seek solo stardom in the ’70s”, has stuck it to them again.

She said that she would appear on the MOTOWN 60 show, only if Cindy and Mary were banned from stage.

Another demand, according to the ENQUIRER, is that she would only do the Motown show if she got a spot on the Grammy Awards Show. But at the last minute Mary and Cindy were invited to sit in audience.

Again, consider the source.

https://www.nationalenquirer.com/pho...m-motown-bash/
    Well there you have it! Something many already knew. Diane said last year that she did not know where Mary and Cindy were ...........LOL!
    Last edited by marv2; 02-15-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    If true, where is all this animosity coming from after all these years once again? Isn't it time to bury the hatchet and grow up already? We've heard for quite a long time that Cindy is not all that well which would mean Diana has no empathy towards her let alone Mary. During a question and answer segment of one of Diana's shows someone asked her about Cindy and she said she had no idea where Cindy was which I found ridiculous as she could easily find her if she wanted. Then again maybe this is all hype. I for one am way past Ross's attitude which I thought she was over it. Just childish.
    I would have thought by now many hardcore Diana Ross fans would have figure out that she has sociopathic tendencies to put it nicely. hehehehehehehe!

Yea, Cindy, right.

This is pretty funny.

It's not easy to be a Supreme anymore.

It's the National Enquirer. How could anyone take this seriously? Look at the article. They have a photo of DMF and have it labeled as DMC. Plus everyone knows Cindy isn't well enough to go to public events anymore. Mary knows that. Berry knows that. Diana knows that. This was just an article written to stir up drama when there isn't drama around.

Cindy is really sick too.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I would have thought by now many hardcore Diana Ross fans would have figure out that she has sociopathic tendencies to put it nicely. hehehehehehehe!
    Diana has sociopathic tendencies??? really

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    Diana has sociopathic tendencies??? really
    Yah LOL!!!

To travel the world for 50 years or more, shaking hands with strangers is a feat for this sociopath. A role model of resilience and self-sacrifice

To travel the world for 50 years or more, shaking hands with strangers is a feat for this sociopath. A role model of resilience and self-sacrifice
    Shaking hands with strangers is admirable. Treating those closest to you like dogs......is not!
    Last edited by marv2; 02-15-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    It's the National Enquirer. How could anyone take this seriously? Look at the article. They have a photo of DMF and have it labeled as DMC. Plus everyone knows Cindy isn't well enough to go to public events anymore. Mary knows that. Berry knows that. Diana knows that. This was just an article written to stir up drama when there isn't drama around.
    But it does prove that Diana Ross still sells! And certainly got the usual suspects here crankin', poor dears.

Well there you have it! Something many already knew. Diane said last year that she did not know where Mary and Cindy were ...........LOL!
    Oh yeah we have it. From a Trump rag that did catch and kill stories to protect President Pus*y Grabber. LMAO at the crap you buy into and spread.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Cindy is really sick too.
    And Diana knows it and is helping financially. Quitely but I know from a real good source that shes helping.

Well you are certainly real familiar with sociopathic tendencies hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    And Diana knows it and is helping financially. Quitely but I know from a real good source that shes helping.
    Diana will help Mary again when she can’t work anymore and needs help

Hahaha, 1983 wants its news back.

This is the ENQUIRER.. How much of this can be believed? It can simply be that the producers wanted a Supreme segment and perhaps then maybe have Diana and Mary on stage together after the segment. But after being burned two times with these Supreme reunions, Diana simply said "No thanks". That is far cry from having Mary banned.

In this interview, Mary mentions Motown 60 and says that she and Otis were there but they did not get a mention. Then she said Diana was on as well.

https://www.kpcw.org/post/morning-mi...-2019#stream/0

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    For heaven’s sake are you actually buying this??? Diana ross knows that Cindy Birdsong does not leave her room do you think for one minute she’s going to put in a contract that Cindy can’t go up on stage when she can’t even go to the bathroom? Don’t be ridiculous. As for Mary, she has every reason not want to be around her and that would include on television after the stance Mary pulled at Motown 25 and Motown the musical…… You could be way past Rosses attitude, but, in the same vein, you should respect the fact that Diana is way past mary‘s attitude as well and wants nothing more to do with her, it seems. She has every reason to feel that way. After Mary crashed the stage just a few years ago on Broadway, It would’ve been crazy for Diana not to have in her contract that Mary cannot come up on stage with her. If you can’t see that, you might take a look at your attitude.

This now explains why everyone was there for "Motown 45".....except Diana Ross. It also explains to those that didn't know, why She never,ever shows up when The Supremes are being honored. This makes me happy that more people are finally getting to learn about the true Diana Ross! LOL!
    Last edited by marv2; 02-15-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Aren't they the ones that leaked the Jeff Bezos extra marital affair story that is causing such a stir? I doubt that they had to go far to get the scoop on an old, washed up singer like Diana Ross having another in a series of temper tantrums.

Aren't they the ones that leaked the Jeff Bezos extra marital affair story that is causing such a stir? I doubt that they had to go far to get the scoop on an old, washed up singer like Diana Ross having another in a series of temper tantrums.
    Diana Ross is not an old, washed up singer. I'm happy to see she's still enjoying success and out there performing in her diamond anniversary. She still puts on a great show and I'd be thrilled to see her again if she ever came back to town. She hasn't lost her ability to captivate an audience and from what we saw at the Grammys and clips from the Motown 60 taping, audiences still love her.

Yes, the National Enquirer is owned by David Pecker who tried to blackmail Jeff Bezos. Their article about Diana is just another attempt to stir drama. I don't think there is any merit to it about her demanding her former partners not being allowed to attend. It was a show that was open to public after all. While I do believe she doesn't want to share a stage with Mary, I don't think she would ever attempt to have Mary blacklisted from Motown events. Whatever their relationship, she knows and respects Mary's importance to the Supremes and Motown, but feels it best to keep her distance. I had a friend who I still love and wish him all the best, but I don't feel comfortable being around him because of our major differences.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 02-15-2019 at 08:53 PM.

yawn. i think we know the deal by now.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Diana will help Mary again when she can’t work anymore and needs help
    And needs $, don't forget. Wonder if Wilson made enough cash from telling the Enquirer this 'story' to get her son into a new trailer park? Hope so. Mama Ferrerr sure ain't leaving her kids any Ross estate $ !!!
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 02-15-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    You are right on, Ms. Roberta. I know that from an insider as well. Best to you always.

Have no idea if story is true but the NE has broken some major stories. From what I have heard Cindy may have been able to sit in the audience. Maybe it could give her some joy. Diana really needs to get over herself. Pathetic if it’s true. I sure hope Mary tells it like it is in her new book.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Have no idea if story is true but the NE has broken some major stories. From what I have heard Cindy may have been able to sit in the audience. Maybe it could give her some joy. Diana really needs to get over herself. Pathetic if it’s true. I sure hope Mary tells it like it is in her new book.
    It's true. Diana Ross severely needs mental and spiritual help before it is too late. She will never be a huge star again, but at least she could be helped to become a better person before she dies.

Diana Ross is not an old, washed up singer.

I'm sorry but she is. She is 75 years old. Has not had a hit record or a successful anything in the last 35 years and her voice cracks when she tries to sing now. I would guess that 75-80% of that Grammy audience the other night weren't even born when she had her last hit song on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Pathetic that you and your BFF believe this cra*p.

Marv you wanted to bash in Gene Simmons head a while back, a man you've never met, and you say Ross has sociopathic tendencies?

The story is fabricated clearly. Dear Cindy is in no condition to appear at such an event and Ross, who keeps in touch with Cindy, knows this and has been trying to protect her.

Not sure what’s more amusing, Marv and his boyfriend or the national ENQUIRER

I wonder if they are going to cut Martha Reeves song from the broadcast; I hope not; I read that she sang Nowhere to Run

Marv old washed up singers do not get all this prime time exposure. Honored at the AMA last year, Macy's Thanksgiving parade, Rockefeller tree lighting, NBC New Years Eve Special, Grammy Awards birthday celebration. Not to mention the Billboards 3rd Dance artist of the year with 2 #1 dance charts hits. And did I mention next month her "Life, Love and Legacy" being shown in theatres around the world? This must be killing you and your boy friend. I feel sorry you are having to endure so much pain watching Diana Ross shine!

Shaking hands with strangers is admirable. Treating those closest to you like dogs......is not!
    I wonder how many rolls of quarters she went through ratting her label mates.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I wonder if they are going to cut Martha Reeves song from the broadcast; I hope not; I read that she sang Nowhere to Run
    She did. I saw a brief clip someone filmed and it wasn’t good. Don’t be surprised if it’s cut from the show just like when they cut her segment from Motown 45. If Martha lowered the keys to her songs and got a vocal coach to tell her to cut all the vibrato she pushes to the extreme she’d sound so much better. She sounds like she’s been sitting on a paint shaker at a Sherwin-Williams.

On the other hand, I heard Thelma Houston brought the house down with an awesome performance of “Don’t Leave Me This Way.” I can’t wait to see that. She still sounds just as amazing. I guess we’ll have to see what is edited in and out in April.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 02-16-2019 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Marv you wanted to bash in Gene Simmons head a while back, a man you've never met, and you say Ross has sociopathic tendencies?

The story is fabricated clearly. Dear Cindy is in no condition to appear at such an event and Ross, who keeps in touch with Cindy, knows this and has been trying to protect her.
    Just imagine what must be going through this individuals mind when he wants to bash the head in of someone he does not even know. It pretty much tells us all we need to know about him, yet he accuse someone else of having sociopathic tendencies? You really couldn't make this up.

It's true. Diana Ross severely needs mental and spiritual help before it is too late. She will never be a huge star again, but at least she could be helped to become a better person before she dies.
    Why not, but also maybe your sense of observation is eroded by personal issues or by the frustration of backing the wrong horse for so long

This has got to be the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen on Soulful Detroit. How can anyone get their panties in a bunch and argue back and forth over a supposed "news" story printed in the National Enquirer?

I just read that John Legend performed “Mercy Me” and Ne-Yo sang The Jackson 5′s “I’ll Be There.” So Michael wasn't totally erased from the show. But it would have been nice to have the surviving brothers on, especially Jermaine, who also had solo hits. Ciara, in a Rick James-like wig sang“Give It to Me Baby,”

Did not read of any kind of Supremes or Tempts tribute. Were the non performing Motown artists that were sitting in the audience at least shown and identified with their names on the screen? Info is coming out in bits and pieces, much like the era of Motown 25 at the time.

Diana Ross brought attendees to their feet when she opened her set singing “My Man” to Berry Gordy while sitting next to him.

“This is your legacy,” she told Gordy. “I want you to know that you have been a gift to all of us.”

Why not, but also maybe your sense of observation is eroded by personal issues or by the frustration of backing the wrong horse for so long
    No, what I am saying is on the money. Could you imagine Levi Stubbs telling a producer that the only way he would appear and sing is if Lawrence, Duke and Obie are banned from stepping foot on the stage? Heck no! Diana Ross is a creep and has always been one!

I also don't think a normal person could truly admire someone with her personal characteristics. Her music is not all that great either.

No, what I am saying is on the money. Could you imagine Levi Stubbs telling a producer that the only way he would appear and sing is if Lawrence, Duke and Obie are banned from stepping foot on the stage? Heck no! Diana Ross is a creep and has always been one!
    i checked with my friend who worked the event. He sniffed around and he didn’t know if it was true - all he said was that Ross had things they way she wanted- including a seat in front with her family so she could watch John Legend, taping her set out of sequence so she could leave early . Perhaps she felt working 6 out of 7 nights was wearing her out, who knows? They could have said no. They could have paraded Mary up on the stage after Ross left if they wanted.

if one of The Tops was a psychotic nut case who just did what she wanted in high profile situations to the horror and distraction of the planned program, I’m sure he would. Thankfully, none of The Tops has Mary’s issues and past record of misbehaving. Diana didn’t gave her banned from the stage. She said she would not appear if Marybwere on stage. The Grammys could easily have said, “OK, we’ll go with Mary - thanks anyway” but they didn’t. You don’t seem to understand that Diana appears to not want anything to do with Mary. She doesn’t have Mary banned from Supremes honors, she just chooses not to attend. What’s the big deal? Ross’ history with Mary in public is one of unpleasantness and turmoil - why shake the devil by the tail yet again? I’ve not attended things in the past because of not wanting to be in the company of a certain individual. IF this is partly true, it’s totally understandable.

‘If Diana and Mary are indeed closer than people think, as Mary says, and they are “in touch” she should have rung her up to discuss it.

There are fantastic videos and photos of this event all over Facebook - Suzanne, Marvin Gaye the 3rd, dozens of Gordys, former wives

There were pictures of the Supremes

If they didn’t really want Mary, they didn’t want her

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    For heaven’s sake are you actually buying this??? Diana ross knows that Cindy Birdsong does not leave her room do you think for one minute she’s going to put in a contract that Cindy can’t go up on stage when she can’t even go to the bathroom? Don’t be ridiculous. As for Mary, she has every reason not want to be around her and that would include on television after the stance Mary pulled at Motown 25 and Motown the musical…… You could be way past Rosses attitude, but, in the same vein, you should respect the fact that Diana is way past mary‘s attitude as well and wants nothing more to do with her, it seems. She has every reason to feel that way. After Mary crashed the stage just a few years ago on Broadway, It would’ve been crazy for Diana not to have in her contract that Mary cannot come up on stage with her. If you can’t see that, you might take a look at your attitude.
    Am I buying this? No. Can you read? I said it could all be hype and frankly don't care. Take your obsessive Ross crap and shove it. I saw a post and simply responded with my opinion. Some of you have mental disorders and for crissake don't blow a jugular over it. You are one of a few as to why people leave this forum with your Supremes hysteria. Get over it.

I'm sorry but she is. She is 75 years old. Has not had a hit record or a successful anything in the last 35 years and her voice cracks when she tries to sing now. I would guess that 75-80% of that Grammy audience the other night weren't even born when she had her last hit song on the radio.
    If you think all this bad about her, it must be hurtful for you to see how much she is acclaimed, worshipped. Especially between 2018 and 2019. You must think that others would deserve to have everything that Diana Ross receives, and has received in her life. Your frustration may explain the stubbornness you put into trying to get her off her pedestal. Putting so much energy and consistency into your hatred of Diana Ross shows, on the contrary, that she must be very important, because otherwise, she would have fallen long ago and you would no longer have to do it.

If you think all this bad about her, it must be hurtful for you to see how much she is acclaimed, worshipped. Especially between 2018 and 2019. You must think that others would deserve to have everything that Diana Ross receives, and has received in her life. Your frustration may explain the stubbornness you put into trying to get her off her pedestal. Putting so much energy and consistency into your hatred of Diana Ross shows, on the contrary, that she must be very important, because otherwise, she would have fallen long ago and you would no longer have to do it.
    Stupid fake news story - I cannot see how she would have any power to demand anything anyway - surely they would just say don't take part then to any demands - it's not like she's a major star with diva demands that they have to give in to.