[REMOVE ADS]

Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. Interview: Discuss Record Industry & More | BHL's Phe

Hi all,
    'Just wanted to share this fun interview with Marilyn and Billy from 2014. Among the many groups that contained married couples [[Mamas and Papas, Fleetwood Mac, The Miracles, ABBA, etc), their marriage is still standing. This year [[2019) they will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.

Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. Interview: Discuss Record Industry & More | BHL's Phenomenal Women

Thank you for posting. Very enjoyable interview. I've always enjoyed the Fifth Dimension's music. I always "liked" Marilyn MCoo & Billy Davis from what I was exposed to. This interview only confirmed my feelings. Inspiring thoughts about friendship & marriage & careers. And she's a UCLA Bruin!

Quote Originally Posted by dylan View Post
    Hi all,
    'Just wanted to share this fun interview with Marilyn and Billy from 2014. Among the many groups that contained married couples [[Mamas and Papas, Fleetwood Mac, The Miracles, ABBA, etc), their marriage is still standing. This year [[2019) they will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.

Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. Interview: Discuss Record Industry & More | BHL's Phenomenal Women

Didn't "Wedding Bell Blues" come out in 1969, 50 years ago? Wow!

Great couple...

Wonderful - thanks for posting, and I will follow the series as well. Great find. Interesting to see them get so emotional about the last lp, 'Earthbound'. Methinks there's even more to the story.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 02-24-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Haven't heard anything since their hit album from 1976, but good to see they are still around. Seriously, I though Billy died.

"Shine On Silver Moon" by them as a duo and The Reflection's cover of "Three Steps From True Love" by Billy solo, two all time favorites of mine.

Thank you for posting. I have always loved the 5th Dimension. Marilyn and Billy are so underrated. They have to of the best voices.

Quote Originally Posted by manny View Post
    "Shine On Silver Moon" by them as a duo and The Reflection's cover of "Three Steps From True Love" by Billy solo, two all time favorites of mine.
    LOVE 'Shine On'; and have the original 12' extended to prove it!

This was a wonderful interview. The 5th Dimension were my favorite group. These guys are my favorite couple. They will have been married 50 years this coming July! Dylan, thanks so much for posting this. Awesome!