[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson - Talks About The Primettes, and The Copacabana Show

just saw this. Watching it now.

Nice interview. Just wish I could edit out her Ave Maria moment. She thinks she is paying tribute to Flo, but it comes across as her saying "I have a great voice too". But that's just me. Her use of "da, da ,da" to complete some of her thoughts, reminds me of a Jerry Seinfield segment. . yada, yada, yada

I really like this interview. Mary seems to be really in the moment, very clear and straightforward in her recollections. I felt like I was watching the three young girls as they met and excitedly walked to meet with Milton Jenkins & the Primes. For the first time, I felt the excitement and importance of the Copa debut. I like the title of the program, The History Makers, and want to see more.

She doesn’t seem that happy to be doing this interview - as in where she says whadya mean, we were there for 2 weeks and the interviewer says ok you don’t want to talk about that

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    She doesn’t seem that happy to be doing this interview - as in where she says whadya mean, we were there for 2 weeks and the interviewer says ok you don’t want to talk about that
    I disagree with your conclusion. Mary has done so many of these interviews, that she assumed that the interviewer was fishing for her to talk about one experience. That is why Mary said, "What do you mean? We were there for two weeks." Then the interviewer thought that perhaps Mary didnt want to talk her the event and when it was fianlly understood that she just wanted Mary to talk about the entire experience, everything was back on track and went fine.

Well said lucky. Mary was simply unclear what interviewer was asking and then was fine.

That was strange what that woman, the interviewer did. She went from Mary explaining the Primettes straight to The Supremes headling at the Copa. That is a huge jump in virtually no time and no other questions in between. She gave off the impression that she really was not interested in hearing about how Mary and the rest got started in Detroit.

I think Mary gave some new insight and new little tidbits of info plus she looks great and is discussing an event that was 55 years ago as if it were yesterday - I love it. I agree that Ave Maria is shamelessly self serving, but she can sing, so why not show it off?

Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That was strange what that woman, the interviewer did. She went from Mary explaining the Primettes straight to The Supremes headling at the Copa. That is a huge jump in virtually no time and no other questions in between. She gave off the impression that she really was not interested in hearing about how Mary and the rest got started in Detroit.
    The Interview isn't complete. The interviewer did a lot of questions, the original Interview os almost 2 hours long, but was separated in a few parts, that explains the "huge jump".

Quote Originally Posted by Weslley Francisco View Post
    The Interview isn't complete. The interviewer did a lot of questions, the original Interview os almost 2 hours long, but was separated in a few parts, that explains the "huge jump".
    Oh ok, thanks Weslley.

As a singer, it can't be denied that Wilson is a popular interview.