[REMOVE ADS]

Emmett Till’s Murder, and How America Remembers Its Darkest Moments

My mother was in Chicago when this happened. She went and viewed the body. It was horrific. She spoke about it when we were kids and still remembers it vividly today.

It's a shame that Emmett Till is only mentioned in the context of civil rights in the 50s and 60s, like lynching has no relevance today. Well, they still happen to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    It's a shame that Emmett Till is only mentioned in the context of civil rights in the 50s and 60s, like lynching has no relevance today. Well, they still happen to this day.
    ---???------

Amen. And the spirit behind lynching still exists today.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Amen. And the spirit behind lynching still exists today.
    How reckless.

But if you two actually believe this, you really need to call-out ace reporter Don Lemon [[& top notch CNN) about it. I haven't once seen him break away from his Russia-Trump schtick to cover even a single one of these lynchings you are claiming.

For all you Pepe the Frogs who serve no purpose but to derail every thread about Black progressive issues with flame-throwing, Trumpism and general idiocy, chew on this:

Good post Sans. I'm FB friends with the woman behind Always In Season and have been waiting a couple of years for her to get this doc out there. But I hope you don't think your post is going to combat any foolishness around here. If you want those folks with the characteristics you mentioned to pay attention you have to post about what is happening to the white male today. After all, he's the one who is really always in season.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    For all you Pepe the Frogs who serve no purpose but to derail every thread about Black progressive issues with flame-throwing, Trumpism and general idiocy, chew on this:

Hey Sans - did you get to see / hear Elijah Cummings' closing statement after the Cohen hearings? Major history & fbc [[Full Body Chills) -
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/enterta...227-story.html

Not as of yet. Elijah ain't no joke. This dumpster fire of an administration don't want that smoke from him.
    Last edited by sansradio; 02-28-2019 at 09:14 PM.

One messy trailer park saga for sure. This took place in 2014 and it was concluded by an investigation by the federal gov't [[during Obama's watch) in 2016 to not be a homicide. So we can at least keep Trump out of it.

I have no idea the truth, like everyone else, I wasn't there . Do I think there is ugliness in the world , you betcha. Do I think there are bad seeds within every human subgroup. Yep. Do I think mob mentality can quickly become ugly. Yep.

Do I think this incident points to some sort of a prevailing "spirit behind lynching" as existing today , as Ran Ran suggests. No.

Did anyone see Gayle King's interview with the author of The Blood of Emmitt Till. The woman behind this tragic event recanted her claim/story. On YouTube.