[REMOVE ADS]

Rest in peace, Jackie Shane

A true legend and trailblazer. So sad. She will not be forgotten.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...50947676057155

Name:  rip.jpg
Views: 1578
Size:  96.4 KB
    R.I.P.

Pioneering trans soul singer Jackie Shane has passed away at the age of 78 in her home in Nashville. A cultural icon in her adopted hometown of Toronto, Ms. Shane left the music business suddenly in 1971 and spent decades in semi-seclusion. A career retrospective on Chicago’s Numero Group label in 2017 ultimately led to a Grammy nomination for Best Historical Album. “I do believe that it’s like destiny, like that something that could not be avoided,” Jackie told the CBC last month. “I really feel that I have made a place for myself with wonderful people. What I have said, what I have done, they say it makes their lives better.”

Well, girl lived to see her final recognition so that's a reason to be thankful. And to you, Carlo, for posting this. I just wish more [[any?) of us had followed through contacting Jackie through her FB page.

Are you kidding me?!?? Oh, man. Rest in power.

She could sang.

I just been playing her songs

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Well, girl lived to see her final recognition so that's a reason to be thankful.
    I thought the same, PeaceNHarmony. Really quite amazing that she held on long enough to learn of the recent Grammy nomination and to give a very rare and final interview for the CBC. She is truly loved.

What!? Aw no.

At least Jackie got the recognition and love she deserved before she passed. Rest in peace.

I shall download her album tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    What!? Aw no.

At least Jackie got the recognition and love she deserved before she passed. Rest in peace.

I shall download her album tomorrow.
    It's a fun lp, Tom - rowdy 'n raw with great instrumentation. As always I thank you for your acceptance and support of my community! If only there were more nonjudgmental people like you!

I was surprised to see this in the Chicago Sun-Times. Most people have never heard of her. My wife and I frequently watch the Night Train video that includes Jackie's version of "Walking The Dog."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-XepQFtOQg
    Last edited by mr_june; 02-27-2019 at 11:25 AM.