[REMOVE ADS]

Longest and Shortest Span Between Singles DIANA YEARS

Wondering if anyone knows the longest and shortest span between singles [[DIANA YEARS)?

From my research:

41 days between BABY LOVE [[Sept. 17, 1964) and COME SEE ABOUT ME [[Oct. 27, 1964).

and

292 days between BUTTERED POPCORN [[July 21, 1961) and YOUR HEART BELONGS TO ME [[May 8, 1962).

diana solo??? Last Time I Saw Him dec 73 then Do You KNow Where Youre Going sept 75

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    diana solo??? Last Time I Saw Him dec 73 then Do You KNow Where Youre Going sept 75
    Two singles [[SLEEPIN' and SORRY DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT) were released between those releases.

Maybe almost three years between WAITING IN THE WINGS [[1992) and TAKE ME HIGHER [[1995).
    Last edited by reese; 02-21-2019 at 08:27 PM.

My Old Piano [[19 Sep 80) & It's My Turn [[29 Sep 80)

Best Years was released in 1993 as a single...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Best Years was released in 1993 as a single...
    Yes it was. I forgot that one.

So maybe almost two years between BEST YEARS and TAKE ME HIGHER.

i think One Love In My Lifetime was released july 76 and Gettin ready 4 Love was sept 77. i remember thinking how long it took for Baby Its Me to come out, then motown dropped the ball with it. just dont know what motown was thinking in the 70s while gems sat in the vaults and even the BLUE album sat for 30 years, WTF. but yet they released Last Time I Saw him lp.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    i think One Love In My Lifetime was released july 76 and Gettin ready 4 Love was sept 77. i remember thinking how long it took for Baby Its Me to come out, then motown dropped the ball with it. just dont know what motown was thinking in the 70s while gems sat in the vaults and even the BLUE album sat for 30 years, WTF. but yet they released Last Time I Saw him lp.
    How true, David! In hindsight I continuously scratch my head wondering, “What was Motown thinking when...” regarding Diana’s releases in the seventies.

Regarding the gap between One Love and Gettin’ Ready, I hadn’t considered the irony of such a long wait for a new single. A new album is finally released and... Nothing. Wow...