[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now I wonder if Diana Ross is the reason Lionel Richie cancelled at the last minute. Too bad. They could have sang their hit "Endless Love" one last time........hehehehehehehehehehe!
    Well i am sure you and your boyfriend have been desperately searching for anything, just anything to try and find some grain of truth in this "would be allegation" of yours in a desperate last ditch attempt to restore some credibility to your bruised ego. I pity you. I really do.

[QUOTE=BayouMotownMan.

I saw Ross at the Grammy's. While she looked great, her voice was unsure, cracked a couple times, was flat once or twice. I just think it is a bad idea to gather these senior citizens, who now range in age from 75 to 80+ and expect them to sound the way they did at 22. I have heard Smokey a time or two in recent years and he's still pretty ok and Gladys Knight is remarkable.
    If Mary was invited to be in the audience, well hey guys, that's an improvement for her because for virtually all other Motown reunions she was not invited at all.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you on all points although i am still looking forward to seeing Diana sing "My Man and "Good Morning Heartache as i think she still performs jazz songs very well.
    Of all the one time motown acts, for me Gladys Knights voice has held up the best. Her recent performance of "Chandelier" was phenomenal!!.
    Dare i say it, Marys Wilson is also holding up rather well as is Ron Isley.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now I wonder if Diana Ross is the reason Lionel Richie cancelled at the last minute. Too bad. They could have sang their hit "Endless Love" one last time........hehehehehehehehehehe!
    I wonder if Mary Wilson will try to fire the entire cast and hire cheap amateurs so she can pocket more money like she did in that disastrous Sophisticated Ladies tour. hehehehehehehhe

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I wonder if Mary Wilson will try to fire the entire cast and hire cheap amateurs so she can pocket more money like she did in that disastrous Sophisticated Ladies tour. hehehehehehehhe
    Probably. That's what she does. Did the same think with her disastrous Lena Horne tribute and her disastrous Branson 'residency' [[even the promise of free popcorn and massages couldn't move tickets to that gig). That, and total lack of public recognition, are what led her to a life of free neighborhood/ditch concerts and paid appearances at C-level charities. But sadly she loses the money anyway, poor dear. Nearly 80 years old and nothing to show for it. Bet she wishes she had that RTL cash now! At least she doesn't have to worry about Enquirer sham stories; even the Enquirer knows not a soul in America would buy a copy of their rag to read a Merry Wiltsong story.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 02-20-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Well i am sure you and your boyfriend have been desperately searching for anything, just anything to try and find some grain of truth in this "would be allegation" of yours in a desperate last ditch attempt to restore some credibility to your bruised ego. I pity you. I really do.
    Reminds me of the 'president' here in the US and his minions, still wasting their lives scrutinizing the internet for spurious claims 10 years after the beloved President Obama's first victory. '300 pounds sitting on the bed', indeed. #laughingstock!

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I totally agree with you on all points although i am still looking forward to seeing Diana sing "My Man and "Good Morning Heartache as i think she still performs jazz songs very well.
    Of all the one time motown acts, for me Gladys Knights voice has held up the best. Her recent performance of "Chandelier" was phenomenal!!.
    Dare i say it, Marys Wilson is also holding up rather well as is Ron Isley.
    In "I Tina", Turner analysed that rough and coarse voices like his own and Gladys' aged better.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    In "I Tina", Turner analysed that rough and coarse voices like his own and Gladys' aged better.
    Yes I was just saying that. Gladys and Tina have always had deep voices. When woman get older their voices get deeper like Dionne, Barbra, etc. The people complain their voices have changed so much. It is less noticeable when you had a deep voice all your life like Gladys Knight when people comment on her voice they say it never changed. Mary Wilson is another example of a deep voice.

I don’t understand what all the hub-bub is about. It’s clearly ANY artist’s right to say, “I don’t want to be on stage with ___, so if you want them, count me out. If you want me, count them out.” Diana didn’t have Mary band from the stage, Diana gave them a choice of who they wanted on stage and they made the choice of diana ross. Mary knows exactly why, and I think Diana has every reason to want to not be around her And I don’t see anything wrong with that. If I was being invited to a party, and someone who was going to be at the party would make me ultra uncomfortable in anyway shape or form, I would simply say you know “thank you for asking me but since blank is going to be there I just don’t want to go as our history is an unpleasant one…. have a lovely time!”

I just don’t see anything wrong with this. And I think it could very easily be true. I do not believe that she made the comment about Cindy, because she knows that Cindy couldn’t be there… Maybe the inquirer got second or third hand information… I think it’s true. And I don’t see anything wrong with it

I don't think it's just a case of having a deeper singing voice that makes a loss of range more noticible in female singers as they age. It's also about voice strength, being able to hit all the right notes and controlling that vibrato. Thats why i think Gladys Knight is so remarkable. Her voice sounds virtually the same as it did in the 70's

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I don’t understand what all the hub-bub is about. It’s clearly ANY artist’s right to say, “I don’t want to be on stage with ___, so if you want them, count me out. If you want me, count them out.” Diana didn’t have Mary band from the stage, Diana gave them a choice of who they wanted on stage and they made the choice of diana ross. Mary knows exactly why, and I think Diana has every reason to want to not be around her And I don’t see anything wrong with that. If I was being invited to a party, and someone who was going to be at the party would make me ultra uncomfortable in anyway shape or form, I would simply say you know “thank you for asking me but since blank is going to be there I just don’t want to go as our history is an unpleasant one…. have a lovely time!”

I just don’t see anything wrong with this. And I think it could very easily be true. I do not believe that she made the comment about Cindy, because she knows that Cindy couldn’t be there… Maybe the inquirer got second or third hand information… I think it’s true. And I don’t see anything wrong with it
    You are absolutely correct. Every name performer gets to have contract riders / conditions. And I would not be a bit surprised if Diana had a 'No Supremes Reunion' clause in hers. And no one sane would blame her. Smokey probably has a similar no Miracles clause. But the Wilson fans have been delusional for over 50 years so why would they stop spreading spurious non-stories now?

There are only 2 delusional Wilson fans on here

But why - in a thread about DR&TS - would people hate some of the members of that group? It sounds like madness.

Exactly, Levi...

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    But why - in a thread about DR&TS - would people hate some of the members of that group? It sounds like madness.
    I agree entirely! But you'd have to ask the 2-3 posters who do the hatin'.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    There are only 2 delusional Wilson fans on here
    And a handful of delusional Ross fans as well. Let's not stop the stone throwing at only one side.

I've been watching this train wreck from the sidelines, warning myself not to weigh in on such silliness, but I'm a glutton for punishment, so... I'm shocked [[though I shouldn't be) that the words "National Enquirer" wasn't enough for every single person in the thread to immediately disregard it and move to another thread more worthy of discussion. The fact that the "writer" had Cindy in the mix when we all know- or suspect- what's going on there, should've been the second warning to find something else to do with your lives. But if there's an occasion for certain screenames to denigrate Diana Ross, they'll jump at the chance, even if it's from a rag with a horrible reputation. And if there's an occasion for certain screenames to denigrate Mary Wilson, they'll jump at the chance, even if it's from a rag with a horrible reputation. This dumb thread has 100+ responses, almost all of which are "fans" taking pot shots at two of the three most famous Supremes. Meanwhile, threads about the actual music get a handful of responses.

I think it's safe to say why some people are really in this forum...and the music aint got a damn thing to do with it. Sad.

[QUOTE=TheMotownManiac;502337]For heaven’s sake are you actually buying this???

And now you say you think it's true? Ok...let us know if you change your mind. Again.
    Last edited by nathanj06; 02-21-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    And a handful of delusional Ross fans as well. Let's not stop the stone throwing at only one side.

I've been watching this train wreck from the sidelines, warning myself not to weigh in on such silliness, but I'm a glutton for punishment, so... I'm shocked [[though I shouldn't be) that the words "National Enquirer" wasn't enough for every single person in the thread to immediately disregard it and move to another thread more worthy of discussion. The fact that the "writer" had Cindy in the mix when we all know- or suspect- what's going on there, should've been the second warning to find something else to do with your lives. But if there's an occasion for certain screenames to denigrate Diana Ross, they'll jump at the chance, even if it's from a rag with a horrible reputation. And if there's an occasion for certain screenames to denigrate Mary Wilson, they'll jump at the chance, even if it's from a rag with a horrible reputation. This dumb thread has 100+ responses, almost all of which are "fans" taking pot shots at two of the three most famous Supremes. Meanwhile, threads about the actual music get a handful of responses.

I think it's safe to say why some people are really in this forum...and the music aint got a damn thing to do with it. Sad.
    RANRAN! Will you and your voice of this reason leave this forum alone? Stop being so damn sensible all the time you-you-you... truth troll!!

I have thought that for years...you get a good thread about the music and no one hardly responds yet any chance to rip The Supremes to shreds and the posts go crazy..i just dont get it.

Doesn't it have to do with things not working out in life for people? And they feel better if they can denigrate and make fun of others??

Doesn't it have to do with things not working out in life for people? And they feel better if they can denigrate and make fun of others??
    I think so.

if that ain’t the pot calling the kettle black

Your summarization of this thread is spot on Ran.. Having a joke and a little dig now and then is one thing, but some of these posts are really nasty and it's not just marv. I can't help but think this is the main reason many Supremes fans decline to post messages on this forum.

I view it as 'When in Rome' - 'The rules of the road' - 'What's good for the gander' etc. To wit: if one poster is allowed, unsanctioned, to express their true opinions of one performer, why would it then be unacceptable for others to do the same regarding another performer? An application of the principles of classical logic and rules of inference would, I'm quite certain, lead us all to the same conclusion. A happy weekend to all!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    RANRAN! Will you and your voice of this reason leave this forum alone? Stop being so damn sensible all the time you-you-you... truth troll!!
    Oh Tom, relax. I'm a troll who will probably be banned at some point in the future, so just hold your horses.

Your summarization of this thread is spot on Ran.. Having a joke and a little dig now and then is one thing, but some of these posts are really nasty and it's not just marv. I can't help but think this is the main reason many Supremes fans decline to post messages on this forum.
    I guarantee you that it's the only reason many Supremes fans don't participate. I lurked around SD for years before finally joining and throwing my two cents in the ring, and the reason why I took so long was because of that Ross hater who always seemed to be in the middle of some mess, usually a mess that he created. But I figured why should I let some jerk keep me from discussing my favorite vocal group of all time? So here I am. Except now I know that the Ross hater is not alone in his mess. There are some Ross lovers who orchestrate just as much drama...and honestly I think they are even more of a problem than he is because it's more of them. But anyway, I'm willing to bet that Supremes fans are scared away from the forum because of the drama makers. I myself have started taking long stretches of absences from the forum because it does get to be too much and little is done about it. It's not my forum so there aint much I can do.

Let me make clear, once again, the reason this particular room was created. I got tired of putting out fires throughout the forum regarding any and all things Supreme, The deal was, anything goes in this room and I don't have to deal with it. So here it is. You asked for it. Now deal with it without bitching.

I think the Supremes forum has been a fantastic success and both it and the Motown Forum are better for it

There’s tons of activity in the Supremes forum and while it’s easy to get to on a phone, it’s not so easy on a desktop

Having a gadfly inside stirring the honeypot is a great idea too - the bees come flying and rout the gadfly !

Good work Ralph and Lowell! It’s time for us to send in another forum donation

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Let me make clear, once again, the reason this particular room was created. I got tired of putting out fires throughout the forum regarding any and all things Supreme, The deal was, anything goes in this room and I don't have to deal with it. So here it is. You asked for it. Now deal with it without bitching.
    As long as bitches are allowed to come into the forum that you created and add nothing but drama and arguments-because apparently it's a fun thing to do-I'm going to bitch about it. And I never asked for a separate forum, nor did I ever complain about a separate forum. [[Personally I thought that there should be sub forums for all the acts that generate the most activity so as to make it easier to find those posts, but that's just a personal critique.) But I find it strange that if the Supremes forum is allowed to be a free for all without a moderator, you pop in to moderate the people saying its some bullshit that the forum has bad apples in the bunch that frighten away more good apples who would participate. So basically, the bitches whose purpose is to come to the forum and bitch about two former Supremes are allowed to bitch without rebuke, but the folks who complain about it are bitching and should just deal with it? Now aint that a bitch?

This thread is dead. Rest in peace.

Now that you have had your Bitch Fest Ran, How would you correct the problem?

Thank you, Rob.

Now that you have had your Bitch Fest Ran, How would you correct the problem?
    Three pages and 100+comments of folks bitching about [[I want to insert "two bitches" here to keep with my bitch theme but that would be so disrespectful to two women I respect so very much) two former Supremes, and I'm the one having a bitch fest? Yeah, okay Ralph. I see you.

But since you asked, my correction would be to remove the problems. No ifs ands or buts. Soulful Detroit is an excellent site. Lots of good people here, so much fantastic Motown and soul music information. If I just wanted to bitch- as you seem to think is my contribution to the forum- there's tons of online sources to do that, such as Youtube, where the comment section makes some of what goes on at Soulful Detroit look like an episode of Mister Rogers'. I've told you before that I understand fully the pressure you're under running this ship. I'm a member of an admin team of a Facebook African American genealogy group, as well as co admin of the forum similar to this one located on the web that was begun because of the popularity of the FB group. So I fully understand the tough job that exist in trying to keep different personalities and headbutting in check. However, tough as it may be, you gotta put your foot down if you find that there's a tone circulating among some that is contradictory to the tone you hope to set for the forum.

Two or three days ago I had this dude post about a conclusion he had come to based on his DNA haplogroup. This started a conversation among some who hoped to get the brother to understand that his conclusion was faulty, and they laid out the reasons why in as respectful a way as you would imagine normal grown folks corresponding. Dude didn't like it and he resorted to name calling and insults. From his photo he looked to me like he was about 19 or 20. I'm always excited when young Black people get interested in their family history, so rather than boot him out, I gave him a warning. Then I found out he was nearly 30. Too old not to know how to disagree without being nasty. He chose not to heed my warning. He is now probably trying to figure out how he can get back into the group, since he's been booted and blocked. As I explained to him, if he can't get his point across without resorting to such nastiness, the group wasn't the place for him. I keep reading the "old timers" in Soulful Detroit saying that Motown people once regularly posted here until they were scared off. Ralph maybe if you took a hard stance against some of them [[and I'm sure you know who they are, if not I'll gladly provide you a list) the forum would evolve into a place where fans and artists alike could congregate and talk MUSIC again. I am by no means suggesting that this would end all conflicts. Wherever there are people there will be conflicts, but the hope is that adults should be able to resolve said conflicts without reflecting poorly on the rest of the forum. Like I said before, I didn't- and don't- have a problem with a separate Supremes forum, but the fact that you felt the need to create it as a result of the shenanigans that go on here, is sad as hell. I realize I'm not the most popular person here and my contributions are mostly my overrated two cents of an opinion about whatever the subject matter is, but I value this forum as the place where I can talk my kind of music with people who appreciate the music as most of my peers are not of my same musical tastes. So yeah, I'll bitch and have a whole bitchfest to boot to ensure that folks know that there's one [[of many to be sure) who thinks it's enough of the negativity. Dole out consequences for those who can't play nice and you'll see a different forum. That's what I think anyway.

And remember, you asked.

Ran, you say to solve any forum problems is to "remove the problem, no ifs ands or buts". How would you handle a long time respected member who just happened to go off on something? It is difficult to look at situations in black and white when there is too much variation involved, creating an enormous gray area to deal with. However, you may have solved your own problem. Simply employ the "ignore" button and your problem is solved. The perp disappears. Try it.

[QUOTE=nathanj06;503169]
    For heaven’s sake are you actually buying this???

And now you say you think it's true? Ok...let us know if you change your mind. Again.
    I apologize for not being clear.
    I do not believe the article as written is true. I do not believe Diana Ross requested that Cindy - someone that she personally knows is incapable of attending be banned from the stage. No, I do not believe that.
    I do believe, understand, and find no fault with Diana Ross requesting not to be on stage with Mary Wilson. I don’t KNOW if it’s true, but, I believe it could be easily be true. If I were she, it would be true.

Smile

[QUOTE=TheMotownManiac;503702]
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post

I apologize for not being clear.
    I do not believe the article as written is true. I do not believe Diana Ross requested that Cindy - someone that she personally knows is incapable of attending be banned from the stage. No, I do not believe that.
    I do believe, understand, and find no fault with Diana Ross requesting not to be on stage with Mary Wilson. I don’t KNOW if it’s true, but, I believe it could be easily be true. If I were she, it would be true.
    Let's just let it go. I apologize for my part. I honestly cannot stand all these decades of bickering over The Supremes and their individual members. It really has chipped away at their wonderful legacy they all helped to create. Love and admire whomever you choose but let's not get into another hate fest and be so over sensitive about a "girl group" that hasn't existed but maintained their popularity for years. Enjoy those incredible singles and albums we all cherish so much and forget these worthless threads and find something positive to say. I for one am ashamed I even made a previous comment. Keep the peace.

Isn't it a bit contradictory pretending looking for subject about the greatness of The Supremes 'music and then opening a topic whose title refers to the National Inquirer. We know a little bit about what to expect, don't we?
    Then, to really know what is happening on such a subject, to judge honestly about who is saying what, you have to read more than 100 interventions! Isn't it a little bit masochist?
    All this to take the posture of the wise, sicken to witness so much childishness....
    Isn't that adding drama where it already exists.
    Since I've been on the forum, and others before, there's been a speaker and his devoted coterie, who uses Diana Ross as a pretext to attack her fans through her. In return, they respond as they feel they should.
    Diana Ross seems to provoke that kind of feeling and that's fine. Complainnig is a lost cause, be surprised is dishonest.

None of this is new - a la Beatles, Beyoncé, Madonna - the bigger the star the uglier the talk

It’s just a bunch of idle meaningless chat

Ran, you say to solve any forum problems is to "remove the problem, no ifs ands or buts". How would you handle a long time respected member who just happened to go off on something? It is difficult to look at situations in black and white when there is too much variation involved, creating an enormous gray area to deal with. However, you may have solved your own problem. Simply employ the "ignore" button and your problem is solved. The perp disappears. Try it.
    I'd remind the long time respected member to stay on course. If that member has as much respect for you and the forum as you and the forum would have for them, they'll cut it out and let a moment where they "just happened to go off" be just that: a moment. We certainly all have them, but you have screennames that have waaaaayyyyyy more than a moment. Sure there are some gray areas, and you'd have to use your judgement on that, but a lot of what goes on around here can't just be gray area. Again, you had to create a whole separate section for the Supremes because adults couldn't discuss the subject without someone going over the deep end in their "devotion" to Mary Wilson and/or Diana Ross. It's ridiculous you were made to feel that this was your only option [[barring the censorship of anything related to the Supremes, I'm sure).

As for the ignore button, you don't have to tell me about that. I've gotten to the point where if a particular screenname smells like trouble, they get blocked. Gotta be around 12 to 15 names. And it is a good tool and it certainly makes my forum time more pleasant. But I don't know if the ignore feature helps potential members considering getting involved in the forum, especially actual artists. I'd rather see the forum grow than to see good contributors leave or get scared off from joining in at all and basically leaving the forum with nothing but the crazies.

But if you're good with the way it is, what can I do or say that would change things? Nothing. And I have to allow you to feel how you feel. But likewise I have to be allowed to say the shenanigans around here are some bullshit because that is how I feel. Peace.

Isn't it a bit contradictory pretending looking for subject about the greatness of The Supremes 'music and then opening a topic whose title refers to the National Inquirer. We know a little bit about what to expect, don't we?
    I address that in my first post in this thread. Let me refer you to post #115. Thanks!

Then, to really know what is happening on such a subject, to judge honestly about who is saying what, you have to read more than 100 interventions! Isn't it a little bit masochist?
    I did not read all of that. I read enough. As for being a masochist, I wouldn't go that far but you'll find a bit of response to your question in post #115.

All this to take the posture of the wise, sicken to witness so much childishness....
    Isn't that adding drama where it already exists.
    Only in the minds of the ones who get off on the drama. To the ones who do not, it's probably very easy to understand that I value the forum and it's integrity. And because of that, if I feel things can be better, I speak on it. I can't do anything about it except voice my issue. If I had the ability to act on my feelings, things would be different around here and a few people would be gone. Problem solved.

Since I've been on the forum, and others before, there's been a speaker and his devoted coterie, who uses Diana Ross as a pretext to attack her fans through her. In return, they respond as they feel they should.
    I call BS on this. It's not just that person and his best friend [[I'm certain I know the two you are referencing). Their same antics and shenanigans are mirrored on the other side. Fans can't be attacked through any specific star. Either the poster attacks you or they don't. That "speaker" you're most likely referencing attacked me personally, which is why I would often get in his ass about something. Who gives a shit if he hates Diana Ross and says nasty stuff about her? He aint bad enough to say it to her face, so what? He is nasty enough to insult specific posters. He doesn't need Diana Ross to do it. So the ones who make it a life mission to do the same crap to Mary that he does to Diana are playing the same sick game. And then it goes off the rails, as usual, when it could've all been avoided if everyone was allowed to give their opinion and go home.

Diana Ross seems to provoke that kind of feeling and that's fine.
    She provokes that in certain people, sure. People who have done great things with their lives- and especially when they appear to be as happy as Diana appears to be- tend to be a target for people who probably wish their lives were as rich [[and I don't mean "rich" as in financially either). Diana Ross is a highly respected, very gifted singer. People whose lives may not have always worked out the way they once wished might find some sick joy in targeting her.

Complainnig is a lost cause, be surprised is dishonest.
    Never really surprised by the bull that goes on around here, but until Ralph bans me, I will speak up when necessary if I think it means the forum some good. Are we really at a place in history where speaking up for good things draws more of a backlash than speaking ill?

I address that in my first post in this thread. Let me refer you to post #115. Thanks!

I did not read all of that. I read enough. As for being a masochist, I wouldn't go that far but you'll find a bit of response to your question in post #115.

Only in the minds of the ones who get off on the drama. To the ones who do not, it's probably very easy to understand that I value the forum and it's integrity. And because of that, if I feel things can be better, I speak on it. I can't do anything about it except voice my issue. If I had the ability to act on my feelings, things would be different around here and a few people would be gone. Problem solved.

I call BS on this. It's not just that person and his best friend [[I'm certain I know the two you are referencing). Their same antics and shenanigans are mirrored on the other side. Fans can't be attacked through any specific star. Either the poster attacks you or they don't. That "speaker" you're most likely referencing attacked me personally, which is why I would often get in his ass about something. Who gives a shit if he hates Diana Ross and says nasty stuff about her? He aint bad enough to say it to her face, so what? He is nasty enough to insult specific posters. He doesn't need Diana Ross to do it. So the ones who make it a life mission to do the same crap to Mary that he does to Diana are playing the same sick game. And then it goes off the rails, as usual, when it could've all been avoided if everyone was allowed to give their opinion and go home.

She provokes that in certain people, sure. People who have done great things with their lives- and especially when they appear to be as happy as Diana appears to be- tend to be a target for people who probably wish their lives were as rich [[and I don't mean "rich" as in financially either). Diana Ross is a highly respected, very gifted singer. People whose lives may not have always worked out the way they once wished might find some sick joy in targeting her.

Never really surprised by the bull that goes on around here, but until Ralph bans me, I will speak up when necessary if I think it means the forum some good. Are we really at a place in history where speaking up for good things draws more of a backlash than speaking ill?
    Do you think this was directed to you? It's not, it's something I think now, and this was the same two month ago and since i'm a Diana Ross fan. Larger than life, imperial Divas, provoque this type of behavior all over the occidental world, and even oriental from what I've been told.
    I really don't care about what some writes here, but It's frustrating that all topics involving Diana Ross are obliterated by that this passive-agressive behavior. Since this is not directed towards Diana but her fans, there is no reason to remain polite at all times.
    Last edited by Albator; 02-24-2019 at 05:43 AM.

I think of you as "The Force Behind The Power" RanRan. The lyrics to that song most certainly seem to fit.
    Pleeeze keep posting "for good always wins the fight" lol.

"But if you give but only words to lift someone higher
    Then a heart of gold is what you will be"

Great song! to bad that she doesn't do it anymore

"But if you give but only words to lift someone higher
    Then a heart of gold is what you will be"

Great song! to bad that she doesn't do it anymore
    A super song. There are some very positive and spiritual mantras tucked away in those lyrics.
    Uk 27..................Not bad.

Do you think this was directed to you? It's not, it's something I think now, and this was the same two month ago and since i'm a Diana Ross fan. Larger than life, imperial Divas, provoque this type of behavior all over the occidental world, and even oriental from what I've been told.
    I really don't care about what some writes here, but It's frustrating that all topics involving Diana Ross are obliterated by that this passive-agressive behavior. Since this is not directed towards Diana but her fans, there is no reason to remain polite at all times.
    Thanks for clarifying Al. Yes, I thought your post was directed at me. No worries. There is some passive aggressiveness that goes on, but again, it's not just Mary fans. Those barbs go in two different directions and both sides use the excuse that they're only responding to the other, but if you pay close attention to the threads [[both threads starring Diana and those starring Mary) you'll see how this thing really works. But like I said before, it's not my forum so all I can do is speak my peace.

I think of you as "The Force Behind The Power" RanRan. The lyrics to that song most certainly seem to fit.
    Pleeeze keep posting "for good always wins the fight" lol.
    I appreciate the sentiment Ollie. I have a lot of respect for the forum in it's entirety but apparently I'm having a bitchfest to suggest we try to do better around here. Go figure.

My bet is on Bego as the leaker. He's got another Wilson book coming out and he's leaking Oscar night stories like R Kelly.

Thanks for clarifying Al. Yes, I thought your post was directed at me. No worries. There is some passive aggressiveness that goes on, but again, it's not just Mary fans. Those barbs go in two different directions and both sides use the excuse that they're only responding to the other, but if you pay close attention to the threads [[both threads starring Diana and those starring Mary) you'll see how this thing really works. But like I said before, it's not my forum so all I can do is speak my peace.
    I trust you, and since I don't open the subjects about Mary Wilson, I can't verify it.
    However, on the topic about Elton John party, although very short, we can already see the dream team at work and see how things can turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    My bet is on Bego as the leaker. He's got another Wilson book coming out and he's leaking Oscar night stories like R Kelly.
    Bego? What’s he got to do with anything?

today I got a private message asking why I hate Mary. I had no idea I came across that way. I don’t hate Mary at all. I know Mary. I have her in my cell. She is a kind, fun, thoughtful, caring person who has, on one occasion, shown great care for me. I have respect for her talent and wish her well. If she opens The Carlyle with a new song from a 50s musical - that was my suggestion.

HOWEVER

As a Supremes fan, A Diana fan, I do not like Mary’s .......”behavior, ‘creativity’ and total lack of accountability for her actions concerning the Suptemes and Diana Ross.” Of course, it’s not for me to say how anyone should act - we all chose our paths - and even if we think we know what is best, we are really only thinking what’s best for us. I’ve always felt Diana to be very fragile. I know it seems crazy that this maniacally driven, steel hearted diva is really mush inside, but it’s how I feel. So, Mary’s public attacks really rub me the wrong way as does her rhetoric about loving Diane - as I feel it’s disingenuous based on past behavior and speak. So, I ultimately blame Mary for no Supremes anything for 40 plus years and in a perfect world, would have liked some of that. Ross is hardly blameless, but she’s been fairly open and honest about things.

Other than the Ross/Supremes thing, Mary is great. And anyone can get to know her just by going to her shows and buying a bottle afterwards. I signed on during the 70s, but Mary still enjoys the grape! And she’s fun!

today I got a private message asking why I hate Mary. I had no idea I came across that way. I don’t hate Mary at all. I know Mary. I have her in my cell. She is a kind, fun, thoughtful, caring person who has, on one occasion, shown great care for me. I have respect for her talent and wish her well. If she opens The Carlyle with a new song from a 50s musical - that was my suggestion.

HOWEVER

As a Supremes fan, A Diana fan, I do not like Mary’s .......”behavior, ‘creativity’ and total lack of accountability for her actions concerning the Suptemes and Diana Ross.” Of course, it’s not for me to say how anyone should act - we all chose our paths - and even if we think we know what is best, we are really only thinking what’s best for us. I’ve always felt Diana to be very fragile. I know it seems crazy that this maniacally driven, steel hearted diva is really mush inside, but it’s how I feel. So, Mary’s public attacks really rub me the wrong way as does her rhetoric about loving Diane - as I feel it’s disingenuous based on past behavior and speak. So, I ultimately blame Mary for no Supremes anything for 40 plus years and in a perfect world, would have liked some of that. Ross is hardly blameless, but she’s been fairly open and honest about things.

Other than the Ross/Supremes thing, Mary is great. And anyone can get to know her just by going to her shows and buying a bottle afterwards. I signed on during the 70s, but Mary still enjoys the grape! And she’s fun!
    I didn't read your full post [[wayyy too long), but what Bego's Got To Do With It is, as I stated, his probable plant of the ... 'information'. As I said in my post he's regurgitating stories currently so it's my opinion that he planted this story. I don't hate Mary either. It's not Mary's fault that Diana haters cling to her like plastic slipcovers on a faux-leopard print sofa. It ... just ... is.

HOWEVER

I didn't read your full post [[wayyy too long), but what Bego's Got To Do With It is, as I stated, his probable plant of the ... 'information'. As I said in my post he's regurgitating stories currently so it's my opinion that he planted this story. I don't hate Mary either. Outside of this forum she does not register a single ping for me. It's not Mary's fault that Diana haters cling to her like plastic slipcovers on a faux-leopard print sofa. It ... just ... is.