[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Stupid fake news story - I cannot see how she would have any power to demand anything anyway - surely they would just say don't take part then to any demands - it's not like she's a major star with diva demands that they have to give in to.
    Maybe she is

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I also don't think a normal person could truly admire someone with her personal characteristics. Her music is not all that great either.
    And pray tell, do you regard yourself as a "normal person"? I cannot wait for this response. It should be a corker!!!

i doubt that Diana would say Mary cant be there but,.. probably said no to a Supremes reunion. no biggie after Mary has screwed up every chance of reunion. sad but at this point no one cares really. i think we now know the deal and who the problem is. we all know its never going to happen. but I am sure they could have had Mary sing with the other ladies of the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    And pray tell, do you regard yourself as a "normal person"? I cannot wait for this response. It should be a corker!!!
    Its fascinating and real real disturbing that this sad person spends all of his time day after day trashing a woman he clearly despises. Im not a fan of Gladys Knight. In my opinion shes phony but I rarely ever go into Gladys Knight threads. The only time shes ever bothered me is when she trashed Colin Kaepernick over his brave stance on the National anthem. Other than that im not interested in her phony you know what. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    i doubt that Diana would say Mary cant be there but,.. probably said no to a Supremes reunion. no biggie after Mary has screwed up every chance of reunion. sad but at this point no one cares really. i think we now know the deal and who the problem is. we all know its never going to happen. but I am sure they could have had Mary sing with the other ladies of the 70s.
    Good point

But maybe they wouldn’t sing with her

The Grammys told Ariana Grande to kiss their keister meister and I’m sure they wouldn’t bother that much with Motown stars of the past

Marv is a plant to keep the Forum flourishing; a weed type of plant though
    Last edited by jobeterob; 02-16-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Its fascinating and real real disturbing that this sad person spends all of his time day after day trashing a woman he clearly despises. Im not a fan of Gladys Knight. In my opinion shes phony but I rarely ever go into Gladys Knight threads. The only time shes ever bothered me is when she trashed Colin Kaepernick over his brave stance on the National anthem. Other than that im not interested in her phony you know what. LOL
    He simply behaves like a little child who believed that the mother of his dream, Mary Wilson, was the most beautiful, the best and unlucky, it is Diana that everyone sees and wants... Even Wilson would like to be Diana. It would be less painful for him if Wilson got a little bit of recognition or if she had a hit or two by herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    He simply behaves like a little child who believed that the mother of his dream, Mary Wilson, was the most beautiful, the best and unlucky, it is Diana that everyone sees and wants... Even Wilson would like to be Diana. It would be less painful for him if Wilson got a little bit of recognition or if she had a hit or two by herself.
    If he cared about Ms. Wilson he would go see her in concert. He repeatedly says "Im gonna try to go" but never ever makes it. Hes only interested in Diane Diane Diane Diane Diane Diane. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Of course, Ross had demands. All big stars have demands and they are honored.

Mary Wilson is totally superfluous when Diana Ross is present. Wilson is not needed nor welcome when Ross is present. When Ross is not present, Wilson is "used" as a stand-in for the big star. Kookoo Wilson knows this perfectly well.

Kookoo Wilson's hostile and aggressive barging onto the Motown the Musical stage, and forcing an unplanned and unwelcome reunion with Ross in front of the world will never be forgiven. NEVER.

This unbelievable episode was preceded by many many years of Wilson scathingly bashing Ross during her book and RTL interviews. Kookoo is persona non grata in the big star's world, now and forever. Kookoo needs to stop the BS about their being friends.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 02-16-2019 at 08:55 PM.

If he cared about Ms. Wilson he would go see her in concert. He repeatedly says "Im gonna try to go" but never ever makes it. Hes only interested in Diane Diane Diane Diane Diane Diane. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    Diane made him behave at her concert which hurt

It would not be easy being a Supreme around Diana or even being another singer - lol for example, Gladys! I really think this is why fans like Andy and Brad give Mary the benefit of the doubt and speak kindly of her. Marv does her a terrible disservice and she says so.

But Martha Reeves and Claudette Robinson did fine around Diana

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Diane made him behave at her concert which hurt

It would not be easy being a Supreme around Diana or even being another singer - lol for example, Gladys! I really think this is why fans like Andy and Brad give Mary the benefit of the doubt and speak kindly of her. Marv does her a terrible disservice and she says so.

But Martha Reeves and Claudette Robinson did fine around Diana
    I was introduced to Miss Ross by the great Martha Reeves in Detroit in 2004 after her concert and she was real, happy to see Dr Reeves and was real sweet to me as well.

How very cool!

Well Martha is on my Facebook as are some Contours and Miracles and Supremes

I bet some of us are jealous!

I was introduced to Miss Ross by the great Martha Reeves in Detroit in 2004 after her concert and she was real, happy to see Dr Reeves and was real sweet to me as well.
    Cool story!

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Cool story!
    I was visiting family in the Highland Park are off Detroit and a cousin got me tickets to the Diana Ross at Detroit Opera House. I was so happy I cried and my other cousin Tatiana knew Miss Reeves and theyd been discussing Martha running for city council in the Spring of 2005. It was a real big surprise when we met Miss Reeves before and then just after Dianas fantastic concert. Id gushed about how I loved Martha nd she hugged me and Tati told Martha I also loved Miss Ross. Martha took my hand and walked me backstage with her. Miss Reeves amnd Miss Ross hugged and kissed each other and then Martha and Miss Ross went to a corner for a 10 minute private conversattion. When we left the opera House Miss reeves gave me a real big hug [[Dr Reeves gives great hugs) and told my cousin Tati she would talk to her next week. I didnt sleep a lick that night and have to say its one of the most memorable nights of my life.

Wonderful story! Thank you for sharing this with us. I love this forum.

Another great SD story!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It's true. Diana Ross severely needs mental and spiritual help before it is too late. She will never be a huge star again, but at least she could be helped to become a better person before she dies.
    I can think of someone around here who needs "mental and spiritual help",but it sure as hell ain't Diana!

I was visiting family in the Highland Park are off Detroit and a cousin got me tickets to the Diana Ross at Detroit Opera House. I was so happy I cried and my other cousin Tatiana knew Miss Reeves and theyd been discussing Martha running for city council in the Spring of 2005. It was a real big surprise when we met Miss Reeves before and then just after Dianas fantastic concert. Id gushed about how I loved Martha nd she hugged me and Tati told Martha I also loved Miss Ross. Martha took my hand and walked me backstage with her. Miss Reeves amnd Miss Ross hugged and kissed each other and then Martha and Miss Ross went to a corner for a 10 minute private conversattion. When we left the opera House Miss reeves gave me a real big hug [[Dr Reeves gives great hugs) and told my cousin Tati she would talk to her next week. I didnt sleep a lick that night and have to say its one of the most memorable nights of my life.
    Lovely story Roberta.Glad you got to see the real Diana rather than the one portrayed on here by Marv and his boyfriend Luke.

So we finally get the full story, and it was waiting for! What a wonderful experience for you to meet these 2 legendary ladies and actually see them together! I only wish I could have heard the personal conversation between Dr. Reeves and Diana as well! It seems that when true ladies treat each other wish well-deserved class and dignity they are able to maintain ongoing relationships! As always, best blessings to you, Ms. Roberta!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Lovely story Roberta.Glad you got to see the real Diana rather than the one portrayed on here by Marv and his boyfriend Luke.
    ... I'd like to joke that they dress up as Bette and Joan to bi@!h-fest together but that would insult two tribes of my own people. So I won't. Really. I won't. I never said it. At all.

Thankl you everyone its a memory that stays with me and a highlight of my life. Have a blessed Sunday everyone.

I see Diana referred to as Auntie on Facebook bosoms of the Gordy’s who seem to have a high regard for her

Wow Roberta how exciting. What a wonderful experience. I would have died. I love these two ladies so much.

The amount of shade being thrown in this thread is ridiculous, SOMEONE OPEN THE CURTAINS LOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    The amount of shade being thrown in this thread is ridiculous, SOMEONE OPEN THE CURTAINS LOLOLOL
    T-Tom. T-T-T-Tom. T-T-T. YOU have claimed to not be gay by yourself. Yet, you refer to this
    'shade' whilst listening to BARBRA EFFIN' STREISAND AFTER MIDNIGHT ON A SUNDAY!!! How, I ask, am I to ... process??

Name:  bitmoji-20190217074314.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  11.1 KB

I have been saying this for 19 years now. Diana is not going on that stage with Mary and anyone with half a brain should know why. As far as any demands saying Mary and Cindy could not attend is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    T-Tom. T-T-T-Tom. T-T-T. YOU have claimed to not be gay by yourself. Yet, you refer to this
    'shade' whilst listening to BARBRA EFFIN' STREISAND AFTER MIDNIGHT ON A SUNDAY!!! How, I ask, am I to ... process??
    AHHHH THIS MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD. LISTEN PNH, I will give you this: I can be, and often am, CAMP AF. Ok?

And for the record MR PNH, this is the first time I have EVER listened to a Barbra Streisand album, and I only did so because of the Barry Gibb connection. So there. GAY, SHMAY!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Girl, this thread is re-donk-ulous. Better than an episode of Drag Race.

... I'd like to joke that they dress up as Bette and Joan to bi@!h-fest together but that would insult two tribes of my own people. So I won't. Really. I won't. I never said it. At all.
    Ha ha.I hear you, i hear you! This pair of old dames could have given Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon a run for their money in the Feud mini series!
    Last edited by Bluebrock; 02-18-2019 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Not finished my post

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Girl, this thread is re-donk-ulous. Better than an episode of Drag Race.
    Drag Race would be better if they picked better winners than they do, gurl... LOL

And needs $, don't forget. Wonder if Wilson made enough cash from telling the Enquirer this 'story' to get her son into a new trailer park? Hope so. Mama Ferrerr sure ain't leaving her kids any Ross estate $ !!!
    Bingo! If Mary didn't plant this story, one of her cronies [[Friedman, Bego) did. If the Grammy organization felt she had any relevancy, they would have made a spot for her in the show. Face it, she's a part of history that deserves a seat, in the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by simplysupreme View Post
    Bingo! If Mary didn't plant this story, one of her cronies [[Friedman, Bego) did. If the Grammy organization felt she had any relevancy, they would have made a spot for her in the show. Face it, she's a part of history that deserves a seat, in the audience.
    That would just be so messed up if true.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    That would just be so messed up if true.
    I prefer to believe she is not that kind of person

Would be nice if she weren't. Or her minions. I can't help but wonder how different things would be for Wilson if she hadn't pulled the red-dress stunt at M25 and had made wiser decisions about RTL. Just those 2 poorly thought-out and grandstanding decisions landed her a random seat in the audience at M60 and a grueling life of low-paying neighborhood free oldies concerts and a non-existent solo recording career.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 02-19-2019 at 09:04 AM.

I don't think Mary was responsible for planting this story. But I also agree that the events that happened at Motown 25, Motown The Musical, and the RTL negotiations and Prime Time Live TV interview, makes it unlikely that Mary and Diana will ever appear on stage together.

In this thread, Diana is referred to as a 75 year washed up has been. But I just read that she is booked for Radio City Music Hall. Does not sound washed up in any way.

The legendary Diana Ross celebrated her upcoming 75th birthday with a performance at the Grammys, and she’s keeping the celebration going with a just-announced show at NYC’s iconic Radio City Music Hall on June 22. Tickets for that show go on sale Friday [[2/22) at 10 AM.

Diana’s also got more shows in her ongoing Vegas residency this week, and she has other shows later this year including one at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. All known dates are listed below.

I've been a fan since 1964 and am still a fan. At times I shook my head with some of her decisions but then no one is perfect. No matter the derogatory comments made about her over the past 50 years I can only say that if she was so mean and awful as some believe then why is her life blessed with a career that is still going strong, a loving and close family and all of the honors over the past years? She's always taken the high road and that can't be easy when detractors come at her from all sides; but she still takes the high road. I love her and am glad that she is still with us.

This is the National Enquirer, they labeled Florence in the picture as Cindy Birdsong.Cindy is far too ill to go out in public to sit in the audience from what we have been told. The young producers screwed up. Not only was Mary Wilson ignored, not on the show and not even introduced-what about Otis Williams, Claudette Robinson, Valerie Simpson, Scherrie Payne, et al. Any one of them could have gone up there and did a small speech on the legendary groups and introduce the people in the audience. I am sure there will be plenty of forgettable segments and something like that would have paid homage and given respect to the legendary Motown artists invited to sit and watch this show without giving them any dignity or respect by at least acknowledging them.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    It's gonna be a bumpy night ...

It's gonna be a bumpy night ...
    "IF my guests do not like it here, I suggest that they accompany you to the nursery...where I am SURE you will ALL feel more at home."

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    This is the National Enquirer, they labeled Florence in the picture as Cindy Birdsong.Cindy is far too ill to go out in public to sit in the audience from what we have been told. The young producers screwed up. Not only was Mary Wilson ignored, not on the show and not even introduced-what about Otis Williams, Claudette Robinson, Valerie Simpson, Scherrie Payne, et al. Any one of them could have gone up there and did a small speech on the legendary groups and introduce the people in the audience. I am sure there will be plenty of forgettable segments and something like that would have paid homage and given respect to the legendary Motown artists invited to sit and watch this show without giving them any dignity or respect by at least acknowledging them.
    A thoughtful post; no one singled out Mary Wilson; it's just they are young producers that need to turn out a buck or they won't be asked to do anything else; as you point out, there were others that were there too - and they either were unknown or not cared about either. But they could have been acknowledged in the manner you set out - which would have been very nice.

I noticed on the Grammy Awards, Valerie Simpson was shown a couple of times when Diana was singing; for those of us that know her, that was nice to see.

Not everything in the world is a conspiracy; not everyone lies like Donald Trump; not everyone obsessively likes or despises a celebrity. If one were to take Marv's post above and put Mary Wilson's name in place of Diana's Ross, you'd get something like Mary never had a hit record ever, her voice was never able to reach any relatively high note without cracking etc. To what point? No one really gives a shit.
    Last edited by jobeterob; 02-19-2019 at 08:48 PM.

This thread is just as funny as reading any edition of the National Enquirer - thanks all! lol

I noticed on the Grammy Awards, Valerie Simpson was shown a couple of times when Diana was singing; for those of us that know her, that was nice to see.
    There is a segment in the special where Valerie is onstage with Mickey Stevenson, HDH, and Smokey in a Motown songwriters segment. Apparently this was a highlight of the special. I look forward to seeing this.

Actually, I am dreading the broadcast of Motown 60. This is the first reunion since that awful Motown 45 broadcast which was so bad it wasn't even put out on DVD.

I saw Ross at the Grammy's. While she looked great, her voice was unsure, cracked a couple times, was flat once or twice. I just think it is a bad idea to gather these senior citizens, who now range in age from 75 to 80+ and expect them to sound the way they did at 22. I have heard Smokey a time or two in recent years and he's still pretty ok and Gladys Knight is remarkable.

It's time to know when to stop. In the case of most of the artists we are arguing over, they just can't give it up.

I'm especially incensed at the National Enquirer for publishing what is obviously false information. To drag poor Cindy B into this mess when she is in a world of her own and requires respect is beyond bad taste. But then, this is the Enquirer.

If Mary was invited to be in the audience, well hey guys, that's an improvement for her because for virtually all other Motown reunions she was not invited at all. It's important to Mary to settle things between she and Diana before it's too late and Mary has said so. So for this reason alone I do not believe Mary or anybody in her camp planted a story. I think it's just the long out-of-control media digging up old crap and putting it over new crap just to get a story.

Maybe it will bring in more viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    There is a segment in the special where Valerie is onstage with Mickey Stevenson, HDH, and Smokey in a Motown songwriters segment. Apparently this was a highlight of the special. I look forward to seeing this.
    I saw Facebook pictures of HDH together with Smokey Mickey Valerie

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Actually, I am dreading the broadcast of Motown 60. This is the first reunion since that awful Motown 45 broadcast which was so bad it wasn't even put out on DVD.

I saw Ross at the Grammy's. While she looked great, her voice was unsure, cracked a couple times, was flat once or twice. I just think it is a bad idea to gather these senior citizens, who now range in age from 75 to 80+ and expect them to sound the way they did at 22. I have heard Smokey a time or two in recent years and he's still pretty ok and Gladys Knight is remarkable.

It's time to know when to stop. In the case of most of the artists we are arguing over, they just can't give it up.

I'm especially incensed at the National Enquirer for publishing what is obviously false information. To drag poor Cindy B into this mess when she is in a world of her own and requires respect is beyond bad taste. But then, this is the Enquirer.

If Mary was invited to be in the audience, well hey guys, that's an improvement for her because for virtually all other Motown reunions she was not invited at all. It's important to Mary to settle things between she and Diana before it's too late and Mary has said so. So for this reason alone I do not believe Mary or anybody in her camp planted a story. I think it's just the long out-of-control media digging up old crap and putting it over new crap just to get a story.

I think everything is settled - one decided that long ago with support from family, Berry, Smokey etc

It’s a done deal

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post

Things were settled with Diana and Wilson years ago. Diana's moved on. Others need to as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    "IF my guests do not like it here, I suggest that they accompany you to the nursery...where I am SURE you will ALL feel more at home."
    LOVE IT!

Now I wonder if Diana Ross is the reason Lionel Richie cancelled at the last minute. Too bad. They could have sang their hit "Endless Love" one last time........hehehehehehehehehehe!

Marv, you are so good at this. hehehehehehehehehe!