[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mary should give Bego’s butt a kick goodbye; such clingers do her no favours

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Bego? What’s he got to do with anything?

today I got a private message asking why I hate Mary. I had no idea I came across that way. I don’t hate Mary at all. I know Mary. I have her in my cell. She is a kind, fun, thoughtful, caring person who has, on one occasion, shown great care for me. I have respect for her talent and wish her well. If she opens The Carlyle with a new song from a 50s musical - that was my suggestion.

HOWEVER

As a Supremes fan, A Diana fan, I do not like Mary’s .......”behavior, ‘creativity’ and total lack of accountability for her actions concerning the Suptemes and Diana Ross.” Of course, it’s not for me to say how anyone should act - we all chose our paths - and even if we think we know what is best, we are really only thinking what’s best for us. I’ve always felt Diana to be very fragile. I know it seems crazy that this maniacally driven, steel hearted diva is really mush inside, but it’s how I feel. So, Mary’s public attacks really rub me the wrong way as does her rhetoric about loving Diane - as I feel it’s disingenuous based on past behavior and speak. So, I ultimately blame Mary for no Supremes anything for 40 plus years and in a perfect world, would have liked some of that. Ross is hardly blameless, but she’s been fairly open and honest about things.

Other than the Ross/Supremes thing, Mary is great. And anyone can get to know her just by going to her shows and buying a bottle afterwards. I signed on during the 70s, but Mary still enjoys the grape! And she’s fun!
    I don’t think you hate Mary at all

Someone does appear to plant stupid stories that do nothing to help her ve friendly with Diana

In the other hand, I doubt Diana pays press trash stories much attention

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Mary should give Bego’s butt a kick goodbye; such clingers do her no favours
    Am I actually agreeing with you? Lol. Couldn't have said it better. He is doing Mary NO favors.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Bego? What’s he got to do with anything?

today I got a private message asking why I hate Mary. I had no idea I came across that way. I don’t hate Mary at all. I know Mary. I have her in my cell. She is a kind, fun, thoughtful, caring person who has, on one occasion, shown great care for me. I have respect for her talent and wish her well. If she opens The Carlyle with a new song from a 50s musical - that was my suggestion.

HOWEVER

As a Supremes fan, A Diana fan, I do not like Mary’s .......”behavior, ‘creativity’ and total lack of accountability for her actions concerning the Suptemes and Diana Ross.” Of course, it’s not for me to say how anyone should act - we all chose our paths - and even if we think we know what is best, we are really only thinking what’s best for us. I’ve always felt Diana to be very fragile. I know it seems crazy that this maniacally driven, steel hearted diva is really mush inside, but it’s how I feel. So, Mary’s public attacks really rub me the wrong way as does her rhetoric about loving Diane - as I feel it’s disingenuous based on past behavior and speak. So, I ultimately blame Mary for no Supremes anything for 40 plus years and in a perfect world, would have liked some of that. Ross is hardly blameless, but she’s been fairly open and honest about things.

Other than the Ross/Supremes thing, Mary is great. And anyone can get to know her just by going to her shows and buying a bottle afterwards. I signed on during the 70s, but Mary still enjoys the grape! And she’s fun!
    Mary still enjoys the grape. That made me laugh out loud. My God, are you Jackie Susann?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I didn't read your full post [[wayyy too long), but what Bego's Got To Do With It is, as I stated, his probable plant of the ... 'information'. As I said in my post he's regurgitating stories currently so it's my opinion that he planted this story. I don't hate Mary either. Outside of this forum she does not register a single ping for me. It's not Mary's fault that Diana haters cling to her like plastic slipcovers on a faux-leopard print sofa. It ... just ... is.
    NOW I know why Bego was mentioned....... page 6 loves dirt and Mark n Mary love attention, so he prolly was a little tipsy and let his tongue waggle a bit - I don’t know what his intent was but As far as I know he has nothing to do with being a spokes person for Mary so he might’ve been dishing just to gossip, or to get a ttension in the press. Either way I love the Lorna Luft angle “ hit the bunkers” lololol. He creeps me out a bit, but he and Mary are very close friends.