[REMOVE ADS]

Gladys knight "what's love got to do with it?"

Well, at least I am assuming it is Gladys since she has not been officially revelealed, but come on !! Got to be Gladys right?

Amazing rendition. In any case, Gladys should include this in her concerts.

Of course it's Gladys, just listen to her sing 'Wrecking Ball' which she should perform in concerts. Leave off Tina's classic, Gladys has 100's of her own that are just as good if not better.

That is Gladys. I could tell from the first note.

Duh. Anyone that hears that voice would know who it was lol

I knew it was her from the beginning. She is a legend for crying out loud, why would she do something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    I knew it was her from the beginning. She is a legend for crying out loud, why would she do something like this?
    Relevancy lol

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Duh. Anyone that hears that voice would know who it was lol
    Evidently , some of the panelists

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Certain people shouldn’t do shows like this. People like Barbra, Bette, Diana, Tina, Cher and Gladys. Why indeed would she do something like this? Revalancy was given as one reason, but I think it diminishes their legacy.

I don’t watch the show, but I do enjoy watching her performance the next day on You Tube

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Evidently , some of the panelists

Certain people shouldn’t do shows like this. People like Barbra, Bette, Diana, Tina, Cher and Gladys. Why indeed would she do something like this? Revalancy was given as one reason, but I think it diminishes their legacy.

I don’t watch the show, but I do enjoy watching her performance the next day on You Tube

I think with Gladys there's 1 reason: $. Gotta keep that 'Church' of Latter Day 'Saints' funded!

Her verson of 'Natural Woman' the following week was even more Gladys-like.

So easy. I knew it was Gladys the minute she sang the first word.

I don't watch the show, but catch up with the Bee performance and read about the show on line.

Is it Gladys? Will she win? Who is the Montster? Who is the Bee? Who is the Peacock? So many questions. And what about Marion? Will she ever leave Congoga Falls?

The Bee is Gladys Knight.

The Peacock is Donny Osmond.

The Monster is T-Pain.

I can't imagine anyone other than Gladys winning. She has always been, and still is, a bundle of talent. But, those in the know [[or think that they are in the know) are saying that T-Pain is the winner. I don't even know who he is except that a few years ago, he was involved in some autotune scandal.

I think I will record it tonight and watch it in fast forward just to see see and confirm that the Bee is Gladys and to see the final winner.

Still do not know why Gladys thinks she has to be on this show, but wasn't she also on some dance show competition a few years ago?

I can't imagine anyone other than Gladys winning.
    well.........

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    well.........
    I take it she didn't win it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I take it she didn't win it?
    Nope. The Bee was Gladys, but she came in third. After she unmasked, she was actually asked by the host "Why would you do a show like this? She said, “Because we should always strive to do different kinds of things because they elevate us eventually,”

Donnie Osmond came in second and T-Pain came in first. I only watched the Gladys performances, but I can't imagine how Donnie Osmond could beat Gladys. And I am not familiar with T-Pain or his talent.

I think the Peacock/Donny Osmond finished ahead of Gladys because his performances were more showman-like, with much more movement and energy, plus I think people gravitate to the visual appeal of the costumes themselves. There is no doubt though that Gladys is the best singer of the three. I did not watch this show each week, but I did watch the Youtube videos of her performances and I watched the finale. I really felt so sorry for her. As a fan, I felt embarrassed she did this show and felt sad when she came in third, after all that trouble. She was very humble and gracious throughout, unlike Donny. As she said, we need to do new/different things to elevate ourselves. I hope this experience at least brings her some renewed interest and attention.

At first, I was disappointed that Gladys chose to do this show as I thought it really was beneath her. And what if she lost to a Tori Spelling or LaToya Jackson? But as the weeks passed, I began to see the show as a bit of fun if nothing else. Plus she sang well each week and received much praise for her performances. I suppose this show, like DANCING WITH THE STARS, took her out of her usual and introduced her to a new audience.

Although I wish she had won, T-Pain certainly deserved to. I've never paid any attention to him before but he can really sing.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I think the Peacock/Donny Osmond finished ahead of Gladys because his performances were more showman-like, with much more movement and energy, plus I think people gravitate to the visual appeal of the costumes themselves. There is no doubt though that Gladys is the best singer of the three. I did not watch this show each week, but I did watch the Youtube videos of her performances and I watched the finale. I really felt so sorry for her. As a fan, I felt embarrassed she did this show and felt sad when she came in third, after all that trouble. She was very humble and gracious throughout, unlike Donny. As she said, we need to do new/different things to elevate ourselves. I hope this experience at least brings her some renewed interest and attention.
    I also only watched the Gladys performances on YouTube. I could not imagine Barbra or Diana or Bette on a show like this, and I consider Gladys to be in the same category. I did not think that she needed renewed interest or attention, but I guess it does bring her to a new audience. But after putting herself out there, it is a shame that she lost. Although I am not familiar with T-pain, I do know that he does have a contemporary talent. As Reese has said, at least she did not lose to a Tori Spelling or LaToya Jackson type.

Nope. The Bee was Gladys, but she came in third. After she unmasked, she was actually asked by the host "Why would you do a show like this? She said, “Because we should always strive to do different kinds of things because they elevate us eventually,”
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL. How does dressing like a bee on a reality show elevate you? Gladys is laying down some thick BS in her answer. LOLOLOL

I'm happy to have the opportunity to hear Gladys sing some different songs, even if she was dressed up in a silly costume. The show had good ratings, I'm sure alot of younger people were watching who weren't previously aware of her - where's the harm?

It is a bit silly and cringy but it's good to see Gladys keepin on keepin on!!!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 02-28-2019 at 08:02 PM.

I'm not sure I would have recognised Donny Osmond quite so quickly