[REMOVE ADS]

"New" Supremes: February 15/16, 1970

49 years ago this week, the "new" Supremes made their debut on Ed Sullivan: February 15, 1970. The next day, February 16, "Up the Ladder to the Roof" was released as their "first record together":

https://youtu.be/ygfSgFcT8I0

Great stuff!!!. This song always lifts me up.

Darn! Has it been that long? Wow.

I couldn't find the single for 3 weeks....the first week it didn't come in, and by the time I got to the 3 record stores in my general area....(walking....I was 10) 2nd week they were sold out! Aside from Jeans new voice, it was a real big deal for me because Mary and Cindy had solo lines...I was able to find every other 45 upon release until Bad Weather....that one was out about 6 months before I got a copy.

I remember in my neighborhood everyone had to be home to see this! It was a very big deal at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    I couldn't find the single for 3 weeks....the first week it didn't come in, and by the time I got to the 3 record stores in my general area....(walking....I was 10) 2nd week they were sold out! Aside from Jeans new voice, it was a real big deal for me because Mary and Cindy had solo lines...I was able to find every other 45 upon release until Bad Weather....that one was out about 6 months before I got a copy.
    Up to Nathan Jones, we could get them

As the singles started to fail, you would need to special order but if you didnít follow Billboard or Cashbox you didnít even know they were out
    Last edited by jobeterob; 02-13-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Up to Nathan Jones, we could get them

As the singles started to fail, you would need to special order but if you didn’t follow Billboard or Cashbox you didn’t even know they were out
    I've told you time and time again. Motown had started to not promote the Supremes in the 70s. I happy you finally admitted that.