[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Got To Be Real - Cheryl Lynn

I LOVE this classic track from Cheryl Lynn!!! However, I'm trying to find a version of the song I recall hearing AGES ago with a interlude in which Cheryl sings "zoo-zoo, zoo-zoo, zoo-zoo" or something along those lines.

I have the original album version and the single version neither of which have this bit in it!! Does anyone know what I mean and could help me out? Thanks guys!

Soo-hoo, soo-hoo, soo-hoo/I got to have it, baby...”:

“:

Got to see Cheryl sing it live at Ray Parker Jr's Walk Of Fame party a few years back. Also briefly visited with her at the table and she was very nice and down to earth...

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Got to see Cheryl sing it live at Ray Parker Jr's Walk Of Fame party a few years back. Also briefly visited with her at the table and she was very nice and down to earth...
    I've always heard that she is a really nice woman.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Soo-hoo, soo-hoo, soo-hoo/I got to have it, baby...”:

“:
    Thanks sans!!! The version I first heard it on was, I think somewhere in between the single and album versions in terms of length. I'll have to try and find it.

I FOUND IT!!! Turns out the single version I had was about 20 seconds shorter and didn't have that AWESOME AD LIBBING!!!

WHY WAS IT REMOVED FROM THE LP VERSION is the question I have!

I have thought that something was missing from the song for about 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    I LOVE this classic track from Cheryl Lynn!!! However, I'm trying to find a version of the song I recall hearing AGES ago with a interlude in which Cheryl sings "zoo-zoo, zoo-zoo, zoo-zoo" or something along those lines.

I have the original album version and the single version neither of which have this bit in it!! Does anyone know what I mean and could help me out? Thanks guys!
    I love this version too Tom!There is a great new 2 cd Anthology due on Cheryl Lynn in May or June. I shall try to find out which version they have used on this compilation.

It’s hard to believe this fantastic song didn’t make Pop top10!

T-Tom. You have told us that you are not gay yourself. Which leaves the distinct possibility that you are gay with others than yourself. Anyhoo, you have, with or without your cognizant knowledge, referenced THE GAYEST RECORD IN THE OF ALL MUSIC! Trust me. I know. And ... glad you can take a joke and hope you are well!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    T-Tom. You have told us that you are not gay yourself. Which leaves the distinct possibility that you are gay with others than yourself. Anyhoo, you have, with or without your cognizant knowledge, referenced THE GAYEST RECORD IN THE OF ALL MUSIC! Trust me. I know. And ... glad you can take a joke and hope you are well!
    HA! Stop it PNH!!! You know I never even thought about the song in that way, but now it makes total sense!! Great.

HA! Stop it PNH!!! You know I never even thought about the song in that way, but now it makes total sense!! Great.
    Even to this very day the mere opening notes cause every middle-age and up gay man to snap, Trap, and VOGUE!!! It was a major dance song back in the day. Or so I am told by those who are MUCH older than I ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I love this version too Tom!There is a great new 2 cd Anthology due on Cheryl Lynn in May or June. I shall try to find out which version they have used on this compilation.
    Sounds like a good comp Bluebrock. I have downloaded some of Cheryl albums and intend to give them a good listen.

Sounds like a good comp Bluebrock. I have downloaded some of Cheryl albums and intend to give them a good listen.
    She is indeed excellent. This forthcoming compilation is for the most part made up of her Columbia material, but there are a few tunes from the later periods of her career too. I think you will enjoy it.

The Luther-produced 'Instant Love' and 'Preppie' are my personal favorites. Talented lady.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    It’s hard to believe this fantastic song didn’t make Pop top10!
    I agreeee luke!

Anyone like John Morales' remix from M+M Mixes Vol IV [[2017)? I would nearly always say original version is best. This one runs it close though imo

[QUOTE=Danno;502176]Anyone like John Morales' remix from M+M Mixes Vol IV [[2017)? I would nearly always say original version is best. This one runs it close though imo[/QUOTE
    I am just listening to that album right now Some great remixes on there for sure.

Even to this very day the mere opening notes cause every middle-age and up gay man to snap, Trap, and VOGUE!!! It was a major dance song back in the day. Or so I am told by those who are MUCH older than I ...
    IN THAT CASE PNH, it looks like I might be a middle-aged gay man after all!!!!!

The Luther-produced 'Instant Love' and 'Preppie' are my personal favorites. Talented lady.
    I loved "Instant Love" [[the song) when I gave it a first listen. Luther was all over it. From Preppie I have only really listened to "Encore" which I bloody love. "You Saved My Day" and "Shake It Up Tonight" are the other tracks I remember really liking.

I loved "Instant Love" [[the song) when I gave it a first listen. Luther was all over it. From Preppie I have only really listened to "Encore" which I bloody love. "You Saved My Day" and "Shake It Up Tonight" are the other tracks I remember really liking.
    Good taste you have! Good to see Cheryl getting new listeners; she's always been a class act.

TomatoTom, The album version and the 45 RPM single were the same. At some point, a remixed edit was issued on 45 as well. This was also the radio promo.

I prefer the album/45 version without that "hoo-hoo-hoo" during the breakdown. I only ever heard that short 45 in the 90s when it started showing up on CD comps.

Thanks for the info soulster. I have to disagree though because [[not sure if you can work it out ) I love the soo-hoo bit!!!