[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by helga View Post
    Marv, I see that midnightman wrote in his own post that it comes from Kat, but the screen shot he included, which comes from Facebook, does not say anything about "this comes from Kat". It's like me taking a screen shot of one of your posts from Soulful Detroit and saying it's written by Mary Wilson.
    Ok, well..............................

Don't take it with me. I got that from Lipstick Alley. Take that up with them. That was the person who said it came from Katherine.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    MJ controversy led Grammys to change their plans on Motown celebration:
    https://www.freep.com/story/entertai...te/2852604002/

THAT'S WHY it changed so much.

Also Stevie was initially part of it but then dropped out [[who knows if it was related to MJ or not; I know he's supposed to be in the actual Motown tribute show). Berry Gordy was also part of the planning lol

I think that's why Smokey is defending the decision lmao

So I think I'm finally getting a clue on why they asked Lopez. I know many won't agree with why but eh, they had to do what they do, I guess.

But this is why America is a great country. You can have differing opinions as long as it don't turn into divisive screaming matches. I'm pretty much seeing both sides of the argument though I can agree to disagree on some elements.
    I'm just now reading this link. Boy this whole thing was a mess. Sounds like they just stuck it on the Grammy show at the last minute because they had a J-Lo commitment with nowhere to go. Better lost and forgotten on the Grammies than the more purposeful Motown Salute.

Also good to see someone commenting on what a great country this is when some seem to be losing sight of this.
    Yes this is just freedom of discussion with different opinions of just a TV segment , but its also one of the more interesting threads in this forum in awhile which is why it has legs.
    Some times you can sense something's in the air by something as simple as a TV segment , something that may get revisited in the future as an event symbolizing something more.

Don't take it with me. I got that from Lipstick Alley. Take that up with them. That was the person who said it came from Katherine.

I've had several conversations on this topic with Patricia Washington on different venues and while I'm personally fond of Patricia "sweetpea", she is perhaps the most outspoken person I've come across in her vehement dislike of this J Lo segment.. That said...this link purported to be from a former Marvelette is almost word for word everything Patricia has previously stated...so I would assume that Patricia has had lengthy conversations with this former Marvelette Katherine, and they agree completely, or this is an echo of many statements Patricia has previously stated...

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    I'm just now reading this link. Boy this whole thing was a mess. Sounds like they just stuck it on the Grammy show at the last minute because they had a J-Lo commitment with nowhere to go. Better lost and forgotten on the Grammies than the more purposeful Motown Salute.

Also good to see someone commenting on what a great country this is when some seem to be losing sight of this.
    Yes this is just freedom of discussion with different opinions of just a TV segment , but its also one of the more interesting threads in this forum in awhile which is why it has legs.
    Some times you can sense something's in the air by something as simple as a TV segment , something that may get revisited in the future as an event symbolizing something more.
    Boogiedown, great observation. This "event" is still being talk about around the internet. It ignited a huge fire with some folks and to say they pissed would be an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    I've had several conversations on this topic with Patricia Washington on different venues and while I'm personally fond of Patricia "sweetpea", she is perhaps the most outspoken person I've come across in her vehement dislike of this J Lo segment.. That said...this link purported to be from a former Marvelette is almost word for word everything Patricia has previously stated...so I would assume that Patricia has had lengthy conversations with this former Marvelette Katherine, and they agree completely, or this is an echo of many statements Patricia has previously stated...
    Good point, Stu. I didn't think of it like that but yeah...

His songs aren't even the best anyway. GOING TO A GOGO is so poppish. The Miracles good stuff was mostly written by real soul legends like Ivy Jo Hunter.

I'm all over this but I see Smoke can't let this go.

It's okay to admit you want that booty, Smoke.
    It's all about the talent to me and Smoke, she didn't have it.

But if you wanna make it about race, then be my guest! They think he's a c**n for this but I had no issue with a NB performing Motown. Just didn't need a Salsa version of the Motown Sound lol

Would've been nice if she did You Beat Me to the Punch though. That had calypso in it. Lol
    She's a better actress than singer. Think Selena. JLo is in the same camp as Janet, Madonna, Ciara; all hooks and dance. Song? Not so much.