[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kaaren ragland

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I don't know if I remember seeing that photo of Barbara before. Is it from a year book?

Where is Shantel?
    You're terrible Muriel.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I don't know if I remember seeing that photo of Barbara before. Is it from a year book?

Where is Shantel?
    I forgot to add Freda too!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I'm sure the name ownership would have been raised by the lawyers.

But I'm also sure the judge didn't know much about Motown or the Supremes.

As I've heard this history about various groups from the 60's and 70's recited, I conclude that when the hits stop, when the money slows up, when the bookings dwindle, those left do what they have to in order to survive and meet their obligations; then they try and keep the money coming in. In order to do those things, they made very bad legal and financial decisions that compromise them for the rest of their lives. Unfortunately, a lot of things went wrong for Mary Wilson in the 70's and 80's and she just plugged holes in the dikes and they've haunted her since and cost her bookings and money for lawyers - until she just gave up chasing people. Kaaren Ragland is an unfortunate part of that legacy.
    The only legacy Kaaren Ragland is a part of, is a legacy of lies concocted by she and Chip Lightman! She was never a Supreme.

Was Chip Lightman’s Marys manager??

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    When Karen performed with them? I think Pedro was still her manager. But maybe Chip was hired after Pedro was let go.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Yes he was at one time. He was a real piece of work!

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    When Karen performed with them? I think Pedro was still her manager. But maybe Chip was hired after Pedro was let go.
    Kaaren lies even about her tenure as a Mary Wilson background singer. You see, she and Karen Jackson were hired by Mary in late 1977. They toured the U.K. and Europe in 1978. Not long after that Kaaren left to go back to school, while Karen Jackson continued on with Mary for 9 years. In late 1986, Kaaren Ragland rejoined Mary's band and stayed off and on until 1989 when she left to form SOS. She really wasn't with Mary all that long. Pedro was managing up until early 1981. Chip did not come along until 1987. I can't remember the guy that was manager between 1981-87. Richard Duryea became her manager in the 90s. Now he was a great and professional guy. Her long time publicist Jay Schwartz was with her for many years.
    Last edited by marv2; 02-10-2019 at 08:13 PM.

I do kinda feel sorry for Kaaren in that she feels she has to lie and embellish the truth, either to get work or because she actually wishes she were a Supreme. I have no problem with her performing Supremes songs in a Supremes tribute act.