[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Upcoming Unsung episodes

    I was hoping for some Motown artists but alas, there will be none.

    Season starts March 3, 2019.

    Those showcased will be:
    Lloyd
    Adina Howard
    The Jets
    Shirley Murdock
    Crystal Waters
    Glenn Jones
    Kenny Latimore
    Tasha Cobbs Leonard

  2. #2
    None of these really peak my interest! No 70s artists, no Soul 4 Real, thumbs down!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    None of these really peak my interest! No 70s artists, no Soul 4 Real, thumbs down!
    My sentiments exactly!

  4. #4
    It'll be nice to see what happened with the Jets. And I could have sworn they already did Shirley Murdock.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    It'll be nice to see what happened with the Jets. And I could have sworn they already did Shirley Murdock.
    The Jets story is MESSY especially in recent years. I can't wait for this.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    None of these really peak my interest! No 70s artists, no Soul 4 Real, thumbs down!
    Glenn Jones is a very talented singer who deserves to be featured, and Shirley Murdock and Kenny Latimore are both talented individuals.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,538
    They have got to be kidding. Every season seems to get more and more underwhelming. Lloyd was a fly by night singer who had a radio song or two in the early 2000's and I can't even think of the name of his songs. Tasha Cobbs Leonard is a gospel singer who's debut came out in 2013, 6 freakin years ago and they want to consider her unsung. Producer of this show must be a millennial. The Jets, Shirley and Kenny are the only ones that I'm actually interested in seeing. They need to do better.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    They have got to be kidding. Every season seems to get more and more underwhelming. Lloyd was a fly by night singer who had a radio song or two in the early 2000's and I can't even think of the name of his songs. Tasha Cobbs Leonard is a gospel singer who's debut came out in 2013, 6 freakin years ago and they want to consider her unsung. Producer of this show must be a millennial. The Jets, Shirley and Kenny are the only ones that I'm actually interested in seeing. They need to do better.

    Although I have nothing to support this, I feel as though the producers are targeting a certain demographic.

  9. #9
    I know all of them except the last one!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    It'll be nice to see what happened with the Jets. And I could have sworn they already did Shirley Murdock.
    Shirley was on Zapp and Roger's Unsung.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    They have got to be kidding. Every season seems to get more and more underwhelming. Lloyd was a fly by night singer who had a radio song or two in the early 2000's and I can't even think of the name of his songs. Tasha Cobbs Leonard is a gospel singer who's debut came out in 2013, 6 freakin years ago and they want to consider her unsung. Producer of this show must be a millennial. The Jets, Shirley and Kenny are the only ones that I'm actually interested in seeing. They need to do better.
    They need to quit with the gospel acts. How is Lloyd and Tasha "unsung"? GTFOH lol

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    I was hoping for some Motown artists but alas, there will be none.

    Season starts March 3, 2019.

    Those showcased will be:
    Lloyd
    Adina Howard
    The Jets
    Shirley Murdock
    Crystal Waters
    Glenn Jones
    Kenny Latimore
    Tasha Cobbs Leonard
    Only names interested in watching, Jets and Glenn Jones.

    I get it, many 50s-80s acts has been featured, does not mean I accept that as an excuse to overflow more 90s-00s acts - and I'm sure this is more on my subjective view, but for one, 90s-00s acts are just not as good as the 50s-80s acts. Could always use more 50s-80s acts.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    They need to quit with the gospel acts. How is Lloyd and Tasha "unsung"? GTFOH lol
    If they’re going to feature gospel acts, they could at least do someone that’s been in the game longer than 20 years, like Rance Allen or the Mighty Clouds of Joy! There should be a limit of time between your first records to the present before you’re officially considered “Unsung”. Maybe then they can get back to shining a light on some true forgotten legends.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    I was hoping for some Motown artists but alas, there will be none.

    Season starts March 3, 2019.

    Those showcased will be:
    Lloyd
    Adina Howard
    The Jets
    Shirley Murdock
    Crystal Waters
    Glenn Jones
    Kenny Latimore
    Tasha Cobbs Leonard
    Shirley Murdock is the only one from this list i'd be interested in watching.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    If they’re going to feature gospel acts, they could at least do someone that’s been in the game longer than 20 years, like Rance Allen or the Mighty Clouds of Joy! There should be a limit of time between your first records to the present before you’re officially considered “Unsung”. Maybe then they can get back to shining a light on some true forgotten legends.
    Rance Allen is a family friend. An episode on him would be welcomed.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    If they’re going to feature gospel acts, they could at least do someone that’s been in the game longer than 20 years, like Rance Allen or the Mighty Clouds of Joy! There should be a limit of time between your first records to the present before you’re officially considered “Unsung”. Maybe then they can get back to shining a light on some true forgotten legends.
    The gospel LEGENDS they did cover were either well known years ago (Clark Sisters) or those that became very legendary anyway (Shirley Caesar). You mean to tell me they couldn't dedicate an episode to the MIGHTY CLOUDS?!?!?

    I also agree with Rance Allen.

  17. #17
    I have only heard of Glenn Jones, and only as a songwriter! The others probably aren't really my thing.

  18. #18
    Not only am I disappointed with the artists that are being featured on the upcoming season of Unsung (it's all artists that made it in the '80s thru the '00s and that's not my thing), I'm also disappointed with the fact they only have eight episodes for a season. Bring back the "Old School Soul & Funk" music makers that used to be featured on the series.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.