[REMOVE ADS]

To be Loved by Jackie Wilson featured on TV commercial recently

I don't know how many have heard it, but it is great to hear the recent television commercial promoting the milk industry while playing To Be
    Loved by Jackie Wilson in the background. Of course, Berry Gordy was
    the writer of this great song. Keep an ear open to hear the commercial.
    Very stylish for this 60+ year song. I don't know if this is being broadcast
    nationwide or just in the coastal areas of PA, NJ, DE, and MD.

I've noticed, especially on the east coast, that commercial ads are using a lot of songs from the late 50's, 60's, and 70's to promote their products. hmmm, I wonder what marketing genius realized who has expendable income.

"To Be Loved" is a very classy song. Something of a classic, although never actually a hit I don't think. Michael Bublè has even recorded it!

Not to hijack, but during the Grammy telecast, Lincoln Navigator aired an ad that used Sarah Vaughan’s “Make Yourself Comfortable” from roughly the same era; I was in the next room and screamed for my partner to rewind it...and it featured Queen Serena Williams! What a pleasant shock!
    Last edited by sansradio; 02-10-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Every time I hear "To Be Loved" now, I think of Eddie Murphy singing it in "Coming to America" LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    "To Be Loved" is a very classy song. Something of a classic, although never actually a hit I don't think. Michael Bublè has even recorded it!
    #22 pop, #7 R&B and #23 in the UK.

I think that makes it a hit.

Clearly I didn't check that before posting mr midnight. Good job Tom of 2/7/19 went with "I think" so he didn't come across a compete fool.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Clearly I didn't check that before posting mr midnight. Good job Tom of 2/7/19 went with "I think" so he didn't come across a compete fool.
    It's ok.