[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: ross remixes???

ross remixes???

was just listening to Pieces Of Ice. alhough it was not a big fav of mine back then I think it has held up really well and is now one of my favorites.
    I was thinking with the 2 remixs that hit #1 last year that this could be contender for a remix. there are so many great songs that could be remixed.
    surprised there isn't one ready to go for Diana's birthday.
    anyone know of anything coming.
    I also like to see One Love In My Lifetime get a 2nd life.
    still cant believe songs like Crimes Of Passion and Not Over You Yet didn't get a US release

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    was just listening to Pieces Of Ice. alhough it was not a big fav of mine back then I think it has held up really well and is now one of my favorites.
    I was thinking with the 2 remixs that hit #1 last year that this could be contender for a remix. there are so many great songs that could be remixed.
    surprised there isn't one ready to go for Diana's birthday.
    anyone know of anything coming.
    I also like to see One Love In My Lifetime get a 2nd life.
    still cant believe songs like Crimes Of Passion and Not Over You Yet didn't get a US release
    POI is a dancey and moody one that I like; there are some kamakazi remixes available. But I don't think is known enough to follow up the recent hit remixes. Same with OLIML [[which I love love love).

yeah - i think if someone was truly adventurous, they could do some interesting remixes. and sampling too. Some of the bass lines and guitar rhythms on the diana 80 chic album would be fierce. of course I'm Coming Out was an obvious sample since it's so famous. but some other parts would be highly interesting

i wasn't happy with The Boss remixes from the mid 90s [[like on the Extended cd). to my ear, the remixes sapped all of the power from the song. instrumental track is what makes it sensational. IMO this is an orchestra song with lyrics added on top. So when the remix cut all of the strings, brass and instruments, the soul of the song was lost. Also shifting to a minor key just didn't work for me

i wonder if Touch Me In the Morning could be a dance song? now that would be a interpretation. Or another lesser-known track like Bottom Line. do a more modern dance production

Re: “Touch Me in the Morning,” Marlena Shaw released a dance mix of the song —.
    Last edited by zani57; 02-07-2019 at 03:31 AM.

Touch me in the morning was remixed by Almighty for the “We heart/love Diana for their remix album. Can’t properly imbed the video but here is the link to one of the remixes: https://youtu.be/VlwjDx1N7fo

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Touch me in the morning was remixed by Almighty for the “We heart/love Diana for their remix album. Can’t properly imbed the video but here is the link to one of the remixes: https://youtu.be/VlwjDx1N7fo

Thanks. Yes, I have the Almighty "We Love Diana Ross" set and all of the remixes. Here is the radio edit of "Touch Me in the Morning" [[Almighty) --