[REMOVE ADS]

Smile The Supremes Tribute & Live Albums.

Would love to know if these will see the light of day.

1. A Bit Of Liverpool
    2. Sing Country, Western & Pop
    3. We Remember Sam Cooke
    4. Rodgers & Hart [[Reissued)
    5. Live At Talk Of The Town
    6. Funny Girl [[Physical)
    7. TCB / GIT
    8. Farewell

Studio albums upcoming:

1. Reflections
    2. Love Child
    3. Let The Sunshine In
    4. Cream Of The Crop

Did I miss anything? There's not that many left and I hope we get to see them all thanks to Harry, Andy, George and company.
    Last edited by nathanj06; 02-02-2019 at 02:22 PM.

At one time, there was talk of a "speciality" set; I would assume would have included LIVERPOOL, COUNTRY, and COOKE. There was speculation that it might have also tied in the Disney tracks. Seeing as the first 3 LPS were DMF only, I personally would rather have Disney [[especially the DMC tracks) on something else.

Are there enough unreleased tracks and alternates for SUNSHINE and CROP to warrant single EE releases? Perhaps they could be combined together as the "Final DMC Years".

Without a doubt I'd support any physical release. Just can't get into digital only, especially with more than half a collection of CD's. I have all the EE's, and would love nothing more than to complete the set.

Of course what we've gotten already is impressive, but we're at the home stretch! I hope the powers that be finish them out. Starring with a FG physical EE. I love the booklets and timelines; sometimes more than the music itself.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Are there enough unreleased tracks and alternates for SUNSHINE and CROP to warrant single EE releases? Perhaps they could be combined together as the "Final DMC Years".
    The last three studio albums may just be one disc instead of two since Motown stopped doing mono album mixes in 1968. There could be unreleased mono mixes which would be cool. They could fill out one or two of the discs with alternate vocals from the Supremes/Temptations albums, but that's if alternate vocals from those sessions exist and it may not be enough to fill a second disc.

I still hope a place like the Second Disc would do a full two disc expanded edition of the Rodgers & Hart album [[Disc 1 - Mono/Stereo / Disc 2 - Brand new mixes of all the tracks).

We've had em all on CD already aside from "Funny Girl" and GIT. But obviously you mean expanded sets. I'm sure they would be great [[and I'd buy them) but there's still some albums on others that have yet to see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    We've had em all on CD already aside from "Funny Girl" and GIT. But obviously you mean expanded sets. I'm sure they would be great [[and I'd buy them) but there's still some albums on others that have yet to see the light of day.
    I'm afraid that the truth is the only Motown group that sells in numbers is the Supremes.

I'm afraid that the truth is the only Motown group that sells in numbers is the Supremes.
    That’s because they have a lead singer that is part of the iconic mainstream as in GRAMMY recognition and AMA recognition and concert success

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    That’s because they have a lead singer that is part of the iconic mainstream as in GRAMMY recognition and AMA recognition and concert success
    So true. I agree 💯💯

Did I miss out on an Expanded Edition of “T.C.B.” ?

Thanks maryb and the rest. zani57, they were just mentioning that TCB was released before in a single disc either in those 80s or 90s versions with that awful white border around the cover. All these decades for a historic album that went to #1 being held onto for who knows what reason. I read it was Gordy and clearance issues. Well, how'd they do it the first time? I just don't buy that. It should be done in a box set with original art with 2 separate dvd's and cd soundtracks for both TCB and GIT. Otherwise I doubt, besides us, anyone would be interested in GIT or even know about it. 2018 was 50 years since TCB aired. The time is now. Mentioning the single disc's above, that would be fine with a booklet and gatefold cover. It's so close to completion and Universal should know by now these titles have sold well and many sold out. Sighhhhhh.................

the video of TCB is owned by not only Motown Productions but all George Schlatter and Ed Friendly Productions. They were the guys that did Laugh In. I don't know who or what group owns that production house now. but i would assume that's the hangup. At least for the video format.

a few years ago, all of the supremes albums were on itunes but for some reason the live shows weren't. Not sure if because of the cover tunes there are royalty issues or what.

there was a Talk Of The Town , that was planned with a 2nd show being added as a expanded cd but I think Reflections is up next, I think. but I think there are plans to celebrate Diana's and Mary's B day this year.

for the reflections set, there are a few things to include. obviously the stereo vs mono - Love Makes Me Do apparently has a different lead vocal for each. Then the single version of Forever is different from the stereo version. not sure if the single version is same as mono version. Plus there are outtakes that could be included

the Talk of Town recording is from the tours that they were doing during the Reflections period. so they could be combined and do the 2 lps together, with the full TofT show and the cut tracks restored.

Quote Originally Posted by zani57 View Post
    Did I miss out on an Expanded Edition of “T.C.B.” ?
    I didn't mention an expanded "T.C.B" but "T.C.B." has appeared on CD more than once [[although the German guy did produce a bootleg "T.C.B." with bonus tracks not that long ago and an expanded "A Bit Of Liverpool" and "Country & Western" and probably others too).

That may be true but other artists also see releases too - in March there will be Japanese CDs from Brenda Holloway, Shorty Long, Kiki Dee and several others. Diana Ross and The Supremes are far from being the only game in town.

That may be true but other artists also see releases too - in March there will be Japanese CDs from Brenda Holloway, Shorty Long, Kiki Dee and several others. Diana Ross and The Supremes are far from being the only game in town.
    I'm glad to see others getting releases, don't get me wrong. But I think the Supremes releases have a broader appeal than someone like Shorty Long.

I think it's telling that Diana suddenly popped up on the iTunes charts [[I think?) shortly after announcing she'd be in the Grammy's. The public still wants product.

The Motown 60 Grammy Tribute special is being filmed February 12th and airing in April. I seriously hope Universal has product ready to go and set for release in conjunction with the special’s airing. You have to strike when the iron is hot and this is the chance to have big sales. The demand will be there. Failure to have anything new would be gross negligence on their part especially after what a huge dud Motown 50 was. If Motown 60 turns out to be a huge disappointment, it will be further proof Universal isn’t deserving of such a classic catalog and would be better off in the hands of another company.

it would be great if they did another DVD of the sups. They've covered nearly all of the Sullivan performances so they could maybe tap into more Mike Douglas, some of the 70s stuff.

Several years ago I got in touch with George and he replied saying if they had had it their way, The Supremes on Sullivan would have been complete. It would be great just to have those all in one place including The New Supremes medley opener and Up The Ladder. Those guys are the only ones who know what they're doing and what the fans want. Like sands through the hour glass.....so are the days of our lives.

Doesn't SHOUT own all of the rights to the Ed Sullivan shows? There's still so many great performances that could fill at least another DVD.

here's the list of performances and what's been released

Come See About me
    You're Nobody till somebody
    My World
    Somewhere
    Love Itching
    More
    you Can't hurry love
    symphony medley
    My Fav Things
    hits medley
    The Happening
    Millie/Rose/Mame
    In and out of love
    Thou swell
    Temps medley
    Forever came today
    Fats Waller medley
    irving berlin medley with Ethel

Always
    God bless america - with full cast for Irving Berlin bday
    Love Child
    Funny Girl medley
    love child
    Shame
    I Get a kick medley
    no matter what sign
    impossible dream
    you're nobody
    Someday
    hits medley
    if they could see me now
    Up the ladder

i think i got this right - having to go off of memory. I've italicized the clips that i think haven't been formally released. all of them [[other than the bday clip) are often on youtube in some way or form. I have an older VHS with everything on it.