[REMOVE ADS]

Question about Bah Bah Bah

I’m having a disagreement with a friend over this song. My friend insisted that Flo sang on this when I told him that this was recorded after she left. He tries to say that Flo put vocals around April 1967 and when Mary and Cindy layed their vocals, Flo’s vocals were kept. So if George or Andy is reading this can list the recording dates. I’m sure it was done Jan 3, 1968 and I do know Frank Wilson produces it.

REFLECTIONS partial timeline

June 30: Misery recorded
    August 11: Love [[Makes Me Do Foolish Things) recorded

March 2: Reflections recorded
    April 21: Forever Came Today recorded
    April 29: Hollywood Bowl with Cindy
    May 22: Flo's last TV appearance
    October 14: Up, Up, and Away and Ode to Billie Joe recorded
    December 18: I'm Gonna Make It recorded

If the recording of Bah Bah Bah was done in January of 1968, Florence would have been out of the group by then and wouldn't have any vocals on the cut. Is it possible Bah was recorded at the same time as Forever? This would have been an HDH production however.
    Last edited by marybrewster; 02-01-2019 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    REFLECTIONS partial timeline

June 30: Misery recorded
    August 11: Love [[Makes Me Do Foolish Things) recorded

March 2: Reflections recorded
    April 21: Forever Came Today recorded
    April 29: Hollywood Bowl with Cindy
    May 22: Flo's last TV appearance
    October 14: Up, Up, and Away and Ode to Billie Joe recorded
    December 18: I'm Gonna Make It recorded
    did you pull this from Mary’s book?

Years ago I pulled all the various sources I had for dates [[touring, recording, releases) and put them on a spreadsheet. I used Mary's books, J Randy's books, Berry's book, among others. Not sure where these dates came from exactly.

Of course you can take all of it with a grain of salt.

It's Mary and Cindy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    I’m having a disagreement with a friend over this song. My friend insisted that Flo sang on this when I told him that this was recorded after she left. He tries to say that Flo put vocals around April 1967 and when Mary and Cindy layed their vocals, Flo’s vocals were kept. So if George or Andy is reading this can list the recording dates. I’m sure it was done Jan 3, 1968 and I do know Frank Wilson produces it.
    It’s my fave track on the album and long before I knew about the andantes, I was adjusting to Cindy’s voice replacing Flo’s [[or should I say, trying to adjust) I had some comfort hearing Mary very plainly, it sounds like Cindy is there, but I can’t swear to it. I know I hear Mary’s rich sound.

always liked this song and thought it was one of the best trax on the album.
    not sure what they were thinking about Up Up and Away. very disapointing

I loved this song...it was very RnB, downbeat and unusual....[[I liked Glad I Got Somebody, Beggining of The End, too) I have to admit other than THEN and BILLY JOE I did not like side 2 much at all....Reflections, I'm Gonna Make It and I Can't Make It Alone are still among my all time fav Sup's cuts....wondering what Jean would have done with this material? much of it seems it would have fit her style very well.

Has anyone noticed that George Solomon is a bit more visible on this forum recently?. It may merely mean that he has some 'States' time in between all his touring with "Oh What A Night", etc. Or, it may be coupled with Andy Skurow's Facebook posting about bootleggers & the teases at Diana Ross & the Supremes Expanded Editions Page- "More on the way soon" and "They're coming, those and maybe a few surprises".
    Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    Has anyone noticed that George Solomon is a bit more visible on this forum recently?. It may merely mean that he has some 'States' time in between all his touring with "Oh What A Night", etc. Or, it may be coupled with Andy Skurow's Facebook posting about bootleggers & the teases at Diana Ross & the Supremes Expanded Editions Page- "More on the way soon" and "They're coming, those and maybe a few surprises".
    Well, we'll just have to wait and see.
    It is an exciting time to be a Diana Ross fan. I am in no doubt that we are in for a very exciting year with various releases. We just have to be patient for a little while longer......

there certainly seems to be a good vibe around Diana in recent years which ,as a fan, hasn't been the case since the 70s.
    I am also hoping for the 90s expanded editions. perhaps March will kick off month.i still don't get the top secret attitude towards the Ross releases