[REMOVE ADS]




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 102
  1. #51
    Of course, what I proposed above would have cost a lot of money for arrangements and musicians and singer, and would have required many weeks of planning and rehearsal. And, hiring a team to put it all together. It would have required her willingness to share the stage with other known performers. None is found in the Diana Ross playbook. By the looks of things, her planning and rehearsal for this huge event took very very little time and effort.

    This reminds of a great speaker who has to give a huge speech, and instead of spending countless hours writing a new speech from scratch, rehashes an old speech everyone has heard a million times, while the young speakers trying to make a name for themselves totally blow him out of the water. And, he is too foolish to care.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 02-11-2019 at 10:01 AM.

  2. #52
    She sounded ok at best. I would’ve picked In Coming Out or something more high energy

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    She sounded ok at best. I would’ve picked In Coming Out or something more high energy
    Someone at another forum suggested Upside Down with Nile Rodgers.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    The Boss showed up. Bossy and preachy.
    She's at risk of becoming a caricature of herself with her exploding hair and oversized dresses and predictable lines like, "turn on the lights , I want to see your faces."
    The unseen "Supremes" assisting her in the background were essential.
    Watching her working her way through a dangerous staging was distracting. The two songs did not fit together as a package.
    Don't see footage of the "cute" grandson introduction so can't comment.....( Why not from Berry , who was there!!)


    All this and yet I give her a thumbs up because regardless , I'd rather she be there than not .

  5. #55
    It was like watching a live, action version of the film "Sunset Boulevard". LOL!!!!!

  6. #56
    I thought that thing she did last night looked familiar. Here she is in 1994 honoring NFL players......LOL!


  7. #57
    She looks fantastic but.......bad choice of songs. I really think she needs to drop "Best Years" now. This was not a good performance of the song.
    If it was to be only two songs i think she would have done better with "He Lives In You" and "Ain't No Mountain"

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I thought that thing she did last night looked familiar. Here she is in 1994 honoring NFL players......LOL!

    Well if anyone would know you would considering youve been obsessing over Diane for 50 years. hehehehehehehehehehehehe

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It was like watching a live, action version of the film "Sunset Boulevard". LOL!!!!!
    All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up!


  10. #60

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    It was like watching a live, action version of the film "Sunset Boulevard". LOL!!!!!
    You are naughty.

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Well if anyone would know you would considering youve been obsessing over Diane for 50 years. hehehehehehehehehehehehe
    Well I have to admit I do not know this kind of detail about What Miss Ross did where and when

    So I guess obsession is a fair word

    I don’t have any of her perfume either but I’ve heard it grossed several million dollars

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Well I have to admit I do not know this kind of detail about What Miss Ross did where and when

    So I guess obsession is a fair word

    I don’t have any of her perfume either but I’ve heard it grossed several million dollars
    I hear marv2 douses himself in Diamond Diane every morning.

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I thought that thing she did last night looked familiar. Here she is in 1994 honoring NFL players......LOL!

    WOW...great find marv..thanks for posting..she looks not a day older and just as beautiful...we would all appreciate it if you keep on posting videos of Diana that we may not have seen in a while.

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    You are naughty.
    Imma sorry. I couldn't help it especially when they cut to a shot of Berry Gordy aka "Max" in audience looking up at Diana like she is the greatest star in her prime or something. LOL!

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up!

    LAKESIDE!!!! hehehehehehehehehe........!

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    WOW...great find marv..thanks for posting..she looks not a day older and just as beautiful...we would all appreciate it if you keep on posting videos of Diana that we may not have seen in a while.
    You are most welcome Mowsville!

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    She looks fantastic but.......bad choice of songs. I really think she needs to drop "Best Years" now. This was not a good performance of the song.
    If it was to be only two songs i think she would have done better with "He Lives In You" and "Ain't No Mountain"
    Everyone has their own opinions of what they wanted her to sing and no matter what she chose to sing someone would not be happy with her choices. I for one loved her selection and would have been upset if she did "He Lives in you" a song I really don't care for.

  18. #68
    bottom line i am happy her sales are up and she is getting her props. hope she feels the love from all of us.

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    bottom line i am happy her sales are up and she is getting her props. hope she feels the love from all of us.
    So true. Everyone is talking about her performance and how good she looked. I am so happy for her.

  20. #70
    Diana looked good and sounded good last night. Everyone will never agree on which songs they would have liked her to sing. I like "Reach Out" and I could see the expression on Valerie Simpson's face as Diana began singing it. The Stairs and the walk to the other side of the stage is why she is Diana Ross. Good performance, good night, glad she is still going strong.

  21. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Diana looked good and sounded good last night. Everyone will never agree on which songs they would have liked her to sing. I like "Reach Out" and I could see the expression on Valerie Simpson's face as Diana began singing it. The Stairs and the walk to the other side of the stage is why she is Diana Ross. Good performance, good night, glad she is still going strong.
    I agree 💯. I thought she sounded good on both songs. And loved how she handled the stairs like a true diva.

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Everyone has their own opinions of what they wanted her to sing and no matter what she chose to sing someone would not be happy with her choices. I for one loved her selection and would have been upset if she did "He Lives in you" a song I really don't care for.
    I agree with you vgalindo, we all have our own ideas as to which songs we would like to hear Diana sing and which ones we feel she still performs well.
    IMO the two songs she chose to perform for the grammys did not mesh well. There was no energy. To my ears "Best Years" sounded a little strained with quite a few bum notes. "Reach Out" was a whole lot better. She lowered the key and her voice sounded strong and full bodied.
    Yes yes yes, i know she is 75 and we are all grateful that Diana is in good health and still performing. This just happens to be my opinion. At the end of the day we are all fans.

  23. #73
    It was a wonderful performance by an American treasure. Would be interesting to know who of today's crop will be able to sound, look, and be remembered and loved at 75 in the way that Diana Ross is now! As always being a Diana fan is a joyous thing.

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    You are naughty.
    He was probably watching SOOPA-STA MISS MAR-uh Wil-SUN sing at a free neighborhood show by a ditch somewhere.

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    He was probably watching SOOPA-STA MISS MAR-uh Wil-SUN sing at a free neighborhood show by a ditch somewhere.
    Yes indeed. I can only imagine how green with envy that woman would have been watching her former leader basking in all the adulation.

  26. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    It was a wonderful performance by an American treasure. Would be interesting to know who of today's crop will be able to sound, look, and be remembered and loved at 75 in the way that Diana Ross is now! As always being a Diana fan is a joyous thing.
    Speaking as a huge Diana fan the first song for me was anything but wonderful.
    Diana is indeed loved by her fans and has endured in the fickle and ever shifting trends of the music scene.
    It would be really nice if at motown 60 she suprised us all and did something totally unexpected. I doubt she will, but it would be rather nice.
    If she doesn't i will still love her, but one hopes.

  27. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    So true. Everyone is talking about her performance and how good she looked. I am so happy for her.
    She did not sound good at all. Her voice.

  28. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She did not sound good at all. Her voice.
    And when Mary Wilsons sounding real bad like at Westbury Dr Marv coveniently diagnosis a bad head cold. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

  29. #79
    She sounded just fine considering she was performing in Vegas that Friday and Saturday leading up to her Grammy appearance on Sunday. Regarding her Grammy performance, she knocked it out the park. Every thing about it was majestic. I especially loved her speech at the beginning of “Best years” when she talked about being a little girl and how she loved singing and how it made her and her family happy. Then when she moved to the stage in the middle of the audience while singing “Reach out” and said “together we have no limits, there’s only success ahead. You can lead the way. Learn, dream, unlock new doors, all is possible....lead the way”. That was powerful stuff, and she looked like a queen. She was featured on every news, and entertainment show the next day, even my local news.

  30. #80
    As usual the kids can’t play together

  31. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She did not sound good at all. Her voice.
    That's your opinion Marv but it differs from million of other viewers who are raving about her performance. You love to criticize Diana Ross so this is no surprise and is expected of you. When we all know how much it is killing you that Diana Ross is still getting all this attention and wonderful reviews. Don't be so jealous of her and maybe you can live a happier life.

  32. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    That's your opinion Marv but it differs from million of other viewers who are raving about her performance. You love to criticize Diana Ross so this is no surprise and is expected of you. When we all know how much it is killing you that Diana Ross is still getting all this attention and wonderful reviews. Don't be so jealous of her and maybe you can live a happier life.
    So true. More proof of how sublime Diana's appearance was is the amount of derangement it's caused among those who dislike Ross.

  33. #83
    Perhaps there is a need for three Diana Ross & Supremes Forums... LOL

    Forum 1. For Ross fans who like to give honest opinions and openly discuss anything Ross related, be it good or bad without fear of upsetting other fans.

    Forum 2. Where fans are only allowed to comment how fabulous and perfect everything Diana Ross has ever done and might do in the future.

    Forum 3. For the real Ross haters. A place where they can communicate only with each other, spewing vitriol to their hearts content. Hopefully no real fan would ever be tempted to visit such a dark and dismal place.

    Just a thought.............

  34. #84
    "Happy Birthday to ME!", "Happy Birthday to ME!" LOL!!!

  35. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Perhaps there is a need for three Diana Ross & Supremes Forums... LOL

    Forum 1. For Ross fans who like to give honest opinions and openly discuss anything Ross related, be it good or bad without fear of upsetting other fans.

    Forum 2. Where fans are only allowed to comment how fabulous and perfect everything Diana Ross has ever done and might do in the future.

    Forum 3. For the real Ross haters. A place where they can communicate only with each other, spewing vitriol to their hearts content. Hopefully no real fan would ever be tempted to visit such a dark and dismal place.

    Just a thought.............
    An entire forum dedicatted to Marv and his FRIEND. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Thats the best idea ever. They can carp on about Diane Diane Diane all day every day........wait a second, they already do that. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

  36. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    "Happy Birthday to ME!", "Happy Birthday to ME!" LOL!!!
    Its your birthday dearest? Happy Birthday Marv. Have a Dianamite day.

  37. #87
    Real pretty photo of Diana and Alicia Keys.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  38. #88
    G
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Perhaps there is a need for three Diana Ross & Supremes Forums... LOL

    Forum 1. For Ross fans who like to give honest opinions and openly discuss anything Ross related, be it good or bad without fear of upsetting other fans.

    Forum 2. Where fans are only allowed to comment how fabulous and perfect everything Diana Ross has ever done and might do in the future.

    Forum 3. For the real Ross haters. A place where they can communicate only with each other, spewing vitriol to their hearts content. Hopefully no real fan would ever be tempted to visit such a dark and dismal place.

    Just a thought.............
    we can only hope

  39. #89
    maybe Universal was watching and saw her music jump on the charts on ITUNES.
    they should have Ross 78 ready to go .

  40. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Real pretty photo of Diana and Alicia Keys.
    That's beautiful, Ms. Roberta - thank you for finding this! What wonderful, talented women we have amongst us!

  41. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Perhaps there is a need for three Diana Ross & Supremes Forums... LOL

    Forum 1. For Ross fans who like to give honest opinions and openly discuss anything Ross related, be it good or bad without fear of upsetting other fans.

    Forum 2. Where fans are only allowed to comment how fabulous and perfect everything Diana Ross has ever done and might do in the future.

    Forum 3. For the real Ross haters. A place where they can communicate only with each other, spewing vitriol to their hearts content. Hopefully no real fan would ever be tempted to visit such a dark and dismal place.

    Just a thought.............
    Not really needed as the first and second usually coexist in peace and harmony. It's the turd (a typo, I meant 'third' but it's stayin') that's the problem.

  42. #92
    I noticed many Diana songs and albums all over the ITunes Charts- and lots of other Motown singles and albums

    The Best Years of My Life charted at #50!!

  43. #93
    All of y'all:


  44. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    All of y'all:

    LOL another great GIF.

  45. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    All of y'all:

    Well done! Okay!

  46. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    WOW...great find marv..thanks for posting..she looks not a day older and just as beautiful...we would all appreciate it if you keep on posting videos of Diana that we may not have seen in a while.
    He can be so thoughtful at times can't he? Bless him.

  47. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    LAKESIDE!!!! hehehehehehehehehe........!
    The comparison with Sunset Boulevard is funny but not relevant. In the film, Norma is a forgotten actress. In our case, Diana Ross is a star celebrated by everyone, in front of all, and many times. Her old hits were n°1 again in 2018 in the Billboard charts etc....If it were necessary to find a character closer to the Norma Desmond of the film, in Diana's entourage, therefore a fallen and forgotten star, who becomes hysterical as soon as there is a camera, it would rather be Mary Willson.

  48. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    The comparison with Sunset Boulevard is funny but not relevant. In the film, Norma is a forgotten actress. In our case, Diana Ross is a star celebrated by everyone, in front of all, and many times. Her old hits were n°1 again in 2018 in the Billboard charts etc....If it were necessary to find a character closer to the Norma Desmond of the film, in Diana's entourage, therefore a fallen and forgotten star, who becomes hysterical as soon as there is a camera, it would rather be Mary Willson.
    That’s very sad if it’s true

  49. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    He was probably watching SOOPA-STA MISS MAR-uh Wil-SUN sing at a free neighborhood show by a ditch somewhere.
    Thank you for that 'spitting out coffee' while laughing' statement.

  50. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    The comparison with Sunset Boulevard is funny but not relevant. In the film, Norma is a forgotten actress. In our case, Diana Ross is a star celebrated by everyone, in front of all, and many times. Her old hits were n°1 again in 2018 in the Billboard charts etc....If it were necessary to find a character closer to the Norma Desmond of the film, in Diana's entourage, therefore a fallen and forgotten star, who becomes hysterical as soon as there is a camera, it would rather be Mary Willson.
    So true. I agree 100%

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.