[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes hit medley video VH1. Classic

I have never seen this before either. Great stuff, thanks for posting.

this was a PSA commercial the girls did for some health-charity. Cancer? Heart? can't remember which. Diana does a little speech at the beginning. but this is the hit medley from DMF at Copa 67. MDC are lip syncing to the recorded performance

The YouTuber who posted it identifies it as being 1968 whereas VH1 has a chyron that says the performance is from 1965. Obviously with Cindy there instead of Florence it isn’t 1965. That’s how mistakes get passed down — someone at VH1 doesn’t know and gets shown that way and it just continues into perpetuity.

Yes, this is from Crusade '68, a TV special that aired on CBS for the American Cancer Society.

Listen at 1:45 and tell me that isn't Flo's "oh yeah". This sounds like a previously recorded track they were lip-syncing with.

I've never seen Diana look so shiny. Bad lighting and worse camera work.

I'm sure this was discussed here before; DMC are lip synching to DMF. SO odd.

It looks like a low-budget program, no set at all. So it isn't surprising that they lipsynced. I think the medley might be from their last Copa engagement with Flo. It was recorded and given to Cindy to study.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I've never seen Diana look so shiny. Bad lighting and worse camera work.
    Agreed. But for some reason, I love it. It shows Diana at her iconic twiggy best!

The Girls were introduced for this performance by Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor [[of “green Acres” fame) playing off the on-screen, GA relationship as Eva kept calling them “DEE-ANNA Ross and The Supremes.” It was most definitely a lip-synch off a DMF performance from the previous year. However, it wouldn’t be the last time DMC lip-synched to DMF as they definitely did in an Italian TV performance where they lip’d to a song [[I forget which) off of the Sing Rodgers & Hart album.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    The Girls were introduced for this performance by Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor [[of “green Acres” fame) playing off the on-screen, GA relationship as Eva kept calling them “DEE-ANNA Ross and The Supremes.” It was most definitely a lip-synch off a DMF performance from the previous year. However, it wouldn’t be the last time DMC lip-synched to DMF as they definitely did in an Italian TV performance where they lip’d to a song [[I forget which) off of the Sing Rodgers & Hart album.
    It was in Spain DMC lip synced to several DMF tracks like "Thou Swell, "The Happening," etc. When they were in Milan, Italy, they appeared on a popular show and lip synced to L'Amore Verra [[You Can't Hurry Love). That Italian clip was on YouTube over 10 years ago, but it was taken down. I haven't seen it since.