[REMOVE ADS]

Tammi Terrell - That's What Boys Are Made For

Nice! Who's singing background?

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Harvey Fuqua for sure, and probably Johnny Bristol & members of the Originals or Spinners!

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    Probably Fuqua and the Originals...

I know its out of subject but....is there anybody who knows if there's some Florence Ballard's video footage of 1973 to 1975 era ????

Quote Originally Posted by Marty CanFly View Post
    I know its out of subject but....is there anybody who knows if there's some Florence Ballard's video footage of 1973 to 1975 era ????
    You need to post this in the DRATS sub forum.

Wrong forum, sir.

I've seen where you posted this question pretty much across the board because, as you say, if you start a thread of your own, you feel it will be ignored. You might want to go ahead and start that thread on the Supremes board. At this rate, by posting this question all over the place, everyone will feel like you're trying to hijack whatever the subject of that thread is. Any goodwill that might be shown will be burnt to pieces, and then you STILL will have your question ignored...

I assumed it was the Spinners doing backing vocals. Especially as the Spinners had a close working relationship with Fuqua and Bristol, I had the feeling they were the primary male backing vocalists on their productions. Also, the Originals have a much more "emphatic", stentorian sort of vocal style [[imagine Levi Stubbs multiplied by four singing backgrounds.)

Tammi really shines on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by TammiTerrellFan View Post
    Tammi really shines on this one!
    Yes she does. And the sound of the Motown studio was at its best. I love how sharp and crisp everything sounds.

Tammi does a great job and the song adds to the fun-ness of her "Irresistible" album. Outshines either of The Spinners versions for me.

The strings were beautiful on this cut