[REMOVE ADS]

Evelyn "champaign" king hospitalized???

I saw on social media that Evelyn "Champaign" King was hospitalized after passing out on stage and hitting her head. Can anyone confirm this or is it rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I saw on social media that Evelyn "Champaign" King was hospitalized after passing out on stage and hitting her head. Can anyone confirm this or is it rumor.
    Don't know but I hope she is alright She is a long time favorite of mine

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I can't confirm anything. But I saw someone on Facebook mention it and asking for prayers.

Evelyn still gives it all she has in her shows. I do hope that she will be fine.

Evelyn's been through a lot. Let's hope she's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Evelyn still gives it all she has in her shows. I do hope that she will be fine.
    So true!!!! I'm hoping that it's just a rumor.

One would think that something like this would have shown up if not aol or yahoo
    at least eurweb or blackamericaweb by now...When someone says "I saw on social
    media", I'm not exactly sure of what they mean. Was it Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr
    or another site? There are dozens. I'm not a fan of Trump but I do agree on one thing:

Fake news is a reality...I'll wait for a credible source to report on what is at this time

still a rumor....

Doesn't seem like it was ever corroborated... I agree splanky. It's fake news.

Thankfully this story has a very happy ending. Yes, Evelyn did fall, and hit her head. On the 2019 Soul Train Boat Cruise which sailed on Sunday January 20th, and returned this past Sunday, she spoke about this - she collapsed & hit her head & was unconscious- hospitalized- she had stitches & had her husband not been home to find her it may have been worse. This from a Face Book friend who was on the cruise and didn’t think she would be there, but was thrilled she was, as she was a big deciding factor for him attending. As for myself, I was aware of this cruise some six months back, and only in mid December decided to take action, because I am a huge fan of Evelyn's. Of course it was a tad late, but there was someone looking to share a room. When I contacted him, a roommate had been found. Then in mid January, the roommate had bailed and a 2nd chance came up. On the eve of my booking a flight, a previous commitment prevented me from doing so. The next day the news of her fall came out and I felt I had dodged a bullet. A day later, while in a Vancouver, Canada thrift store, I found a near mint copy of a 45 rpm of "Shame." Two days later I heard from my FB pal that Evelyn recovered and made the cruise, giving a dynamite show. Here is a photo of Evelyn and a fan on stage, getting down, no doubt to "Love Come Down."
    Name:  50966645_10158468984210620_4188562646632497152_o.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  89.8 KBName:  51156686_10157006758171055_3857012942570520576_n.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  8.9 KB
    Last edited by Mark Desjardines; 01-29-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Desjardines View Post
    Thankfully this story has a very happy ending. Yes, Evelyn did fall, and hit her head. On the 2019 Soul Train Boat Cruise which sailed on Sunday January 20th, and returned this past Sunday, she spoke about this - she collapsed & hit her head & was unconscious- hospitalized- she had stitches & had her husband not been home to find her it may have been worse. This from a Face Book friend who was on the cruise and didn’t think she would be there, but was thrilled she was, as she was a big deciding factor for him attending. As for myself, I was aware of this cruise some six months back, and only in mid December decided to take action, because I am a huge fan of Evelyn's. Of course it was a tad late, but there was someone looking to share a room. When I contacted him, a roommate had been found. Then in mid January, the roommate had bailed and a 2nd chance came up. On the eve of my booking a flight, a previous commitment prevented me from doing so. The next day the news of her fall came out and I felt I had dodged a bullet. A day later, while in a Vancouver, Canada thrift store, I found a near mint copy of a 45 rpm of "Shame." Two days later I heard from my FB pal that Evelyn recovered and made the cruise, giving a dynamite show. Here is a photo of Evelyn and a fan on stage, getting down, no doubt to "Love Come Down."
    Name:  50966645_10158468984210620_4188562646632497152_o.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  89.8 KBName:  51156686_10157006758171055_3857012942570520576_n.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  8.9 KB
    Mark great and thank for the update on Evelyn. I have a first pressing of her debut album with her behind the wheel of a car on the ocver. I met her that summer at Peaches Records.

Thank goodness she survived that!

Reading this reminds me of when Deniece Williams fell offstage while performing one of her gospel songs and she was unconscious for a while. But then she recovered, a little frazzled, but no broken bones or anything, and return to sing.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Thank goodness she survived that!

Reading this reminds me of when Deniece Williams fell offstage while performing one of her gospel songs and she was unconscious for a while. But then she recovered, a little frazzled, but no broken bones or anything, and return to sing.
    I was there. Deniece was performing at the Sunset Junction Street Fair in the Silverlake neighborhood of Los Angeles. It was a secular show. She just finished "God Is Amazing" and walked forward, did not see the end of the stage and fell right off. It was horrible. She was unconscious and she broke her ankle. When she was revived she got right back onstage and was obviously in pain. However, she sat in a chair, thanked God for watching over her, told her band to "hit it!" and went right into "Cause You Love Me, Baby." I blanked on the rest of the show due to the trauma of watching Niecy fall off the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I was there. Deniece was performing at the Sunset Junction Street Fair in the Silverlake neighborhood of Los Angeles. It was a secular show. She just finished "God Is Amazing" and walked forward, did not see the end of the stage and fell right off. It was horrible. She was unconscious and she broke her ankle. When she was revived she got right back onstage and was obviously in pain. However, she sat in a chair, thanked God for watching over her, told her band to "hit it!" and went right into "Cause You Love Me, Baby." I blanked on the rest of the show due to the trauma of watching Niecy fall off the stage.
    Ah yeah forgot she did break her ankle!

They showed that on Unsung. I saw them doing a slow mo of her falling. Needless to say, I skipped that portion of the show!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mark great and thank for the update on Evelyn. I have a first pressing of her debut album with her behind the wheel of a car on the ocver. I met her that summer at Peaches Records.
    Used to buy some great 33 1\3's at Peaches in the ATL!