I'm a day late but on January 22, 1979 the iconic album "We Are Family" was released. This album is special for so many reasons. For one, it catapulted four beautiful and talented sisters from Philadelphia to stardom after years of searching for a hit. Also, it was the very first album that I ever purchased with my own money. I was 12 years old and I can remember catching the bus downtown with my big brother Tony and going to Bad Records. I was so excited because I had my own money and I knew what I was there to buy. When I got home and put the needle on the record it was love at first sound. The matching of The Chic Organization [[Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers with Sister Sledge was definitely a match made in heaven). The perfectly crafted opening number "He's The Greatest Dancer' featured youngest sister Kathy lushly describing a night on the town and seeing the man of her dreams. Sister Joni effortlessly wrapped her vocals around "Lost in Music", a song that describes me to a T. The beautiful ballad "Somebody Love Me", another Kathy lead, proved that these ladies were far more than disco divas. My favorite track "Thinking of You" has an infectious Philly groove and should have been a U.S. single. Side two opens with an 8 minute plus version of "We Are Family" that baby sister Kathy literally takes to church. Sister Joni returns on "Easier To Love" another ballad, whose timeless message is more relevant now than ever. Eldest member Debbie gives a stellar performance on the haunting "You're A Friend To Me". Sister Kim, who I often see as the underdog of the group takes it home with the often overlooked but beautifully danceable "One More Time". What a fitting closing number for the album because after every listen I had to play it again "One More Time". I forgot to mention that I've been fortunate enough to befriend all of the ladies who are just as beautiful inside as they are outside. Thank you ladies for 40 years of being lost in your music. Attachment 14966Attachment 14967