[REMOVE ADS]

Patti Austin - "Jeepers Creepers"

This is guaranteed to put a smile on your face:

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    This is guaranteed to put a smile on your face:

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  21.1 KB
    Wow! She sounds totally like an adult - NOTHING like a child! She must have been possessed! And 8 years later, she was performing as an adult, and I was buying her records.
    Last edited by robb_k; 01-21-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Yep,miss patti had it goin on way back when!!

So poised and confident! Already she has style and a little flair of her own. I love seeing performances like this.
    Last edited by thommg; 01-22-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Yes, she had an otherworldly sophistication and swing as a mere babe! Guess that's why Dinah and Quincy gladly became her godparents.

Love Patti Austin! She is an alumni of Bay Shore High right here where I live now!
    Last edited by marv2; 01-21-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Love Patti Austin! She is an alumni of Bay Shore High right here where I live now!
    She always says, “Bay Sho-ah...’whaddaya taukin’?’ “😁
    Last edited by sansradio; 01-23-2019 at 04:08 AM.

Well, that was amazing to watch. Even as a child she had the Patti Austin eyes. That was Arthur Godfrey introducing her on his show. I was a fan of his show and probably saw this when first broadcast but do not remember it. Arthur Godfrey was once huge in the broadcast industry and now is long forgotten.

Love Patti and it was great to see her doing what she does so well at such an early age

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Well, that was amazing to watch. Even as a child she had the Patti Austin eyes. That was Arthur Godfrey introducing her on his show. I was a fan of his show and probably saw this when first broadcast but do not remember it. Arthur Godfrey was once huge in the broadcast industry and now is long forgotten.

Love Patti and it was great to see her doing what she does so well at such an early age
    Glad you enjoyed it! Patti made the variety show rounds at this age; I’ve been looking for her appearances on Ray Bolger’s show as well.

So that’s the legendary Arthur Godfrey! Sounds a bit in his cups [[or was that his m.o..?)!

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Wow! She sounds totally like an adult - NOTHING like a child! She must have been possessed! And 8 years later, she was performing as an adult, and I was buying her records.
    Yes! Love those Coral sides! I know you have a formidable collection; would you happen to have this [[she was about 6 here)?:

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    She always says, “Bay Sho-ah...’whaddaya taukin’?’ ��
    Uh huh...that's how we taulk out hea on Longuyland.......! LOL!!!!

I had some cousins who auditioned for the arthur godfrey show,he was da man way back in the day.

Views: 293
    No! I never saw that RCA release. Or passed it up, not knowing who she was at the time. I wouldn't have bought her record made as a six year old. She sounded like a 6 year old. - a good-singing one, but not all hat much to my taste. Her effort as an 8-year old was fantastic. She was closer to her Coral sound at 8, then she was to her 8-year old sound at 6. She gained a lot of singing skill and poise in those 2 years.
    Last edited by robb_k; 01-23-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Uh huh...that's how we taulk out hea on Longuyland.......! LOL!!!!
Views: 300
    You mean "Dat's* how we tauwk out heah on Lawn Guyland!" [[ *A Brooklynite, who moved to Lawn Guyland at age 13)

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 300
    You mean "Dat's* how we tauwk out heah on Lawn Guyland!" [[ *A Brooklynite, who moved to Lawn Guyland at age 13)
    Oh now Robb, youse think you betta dan me? Your a real pissa! Get outta Dodge! LOL