[REMOVE ADS]

Thelma Houston Gets New Grammy to Replace Trophy Broken in Northridge Earthquake

Thank you for posting this touching story. I really love Thelma Houston. And I did learn something from reading the article that I was totally unaware of. The article stated that Suzanne dePasse was the one who was responsible for signing Thelma to Motown.

Name:  Thelma Grammy 3.jpg
Views: 1396
Size:  48.4 KB
    Thelma at the Grammy Museum finally gets a Grammy replacement award. In attendance at her show were Marylin Maccoo and Billy Davis Jr., Freda & Scherrie Payne, Claudette Robinson, Betty Kelly, Maxine Waters, Demita Jo Freeman and the Soul Train Gang, Janie Bradford and Bunny Hull [[writer of Thelma's "Ride To The Rainbow" & Patti LaBelle's "New Attitude".

Cool. Took them long enough. Lol

Wow. Good for you Thelma!

Didn't know "You've Been Doing Wrong For So Long" was nominated for an award back in the day. I love that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post

Didn't know "You've Been Doing Wrong For So Long" was nominated for an award back in the day. I love that one.
    A nice story, right? Best to you, friend Tom, while we await the 'new' Undisputed Truth!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    A nice story, right? Best to you, friend Tom, while we await the 'new' Undisputed Truth!
    YES!! Can't wait PNH!!

I remember having a similar conversation with you about the last Undisputed Truth ACE collection

Wow,thank you PeaceNHarmony for this, a GREAT article. Thelma is such a beautifulperson and, of course, very gifted singer. Read recently how Berry Gordy & oneof the Hollands praised her backstage after a show. And much as Luther’s my manI actually prefer Thelma’s version of Never Too Much with its girl-talk intro,big brassy arrangement and, of course, Thelma’s perfectly pitched vocal.

You and me both Tom. I knew First Choice's version of the song first and I LOVED it. Still do. I was shocked to learn that Thelma did it first and when I finally got a hold to it, man, I fell in love with it too. It's officially my favorite Thelma Houston song.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishTony View Post
    Wow,thank you PeaceNHarmony for this, a GREAT article. Thelma is such a beautifulperson and, of course, very gifted singer. Read recently how Berry Gordy & oneof the Hollands praised her backstage after a show. And much as Luther’s my manI actually prefer Thelma’s version of Never Too Much with its girl-talk intro,big brassy arrangement and, of course, Thelma’s perfectly pitched vocal.
    Wow, I didn't know Thelma did "Never Too Much". I'll have to see if I can find it and give it a listen. I really can't hear anyone but Luther doing it but now I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    You and me both Tom. I knew First Choice's version of the song first and I LOVED it. Still do. I was shocked to learn that Thelma did it first and when I finally got a hold to it, man, I fell in love with it too. It's officially my favorite Thelma Houston song.
    Nice Ran!! It's one of my faves by Thelma too! I had no idea First Choice had a version though, I'll definitely be checking that out.

Wow, I didn't know Thelma did "Never Too Much". I'll have to see if I can find it and give it a listen. I really can't hear anyone but Luther doing it but now I'm curious.
    That's from Thelma's recent-ish album A Woman's Touch. She does a cracking version of "Wake Up Everybody" on the album too, that's worth checking out as well Ran.

Nice Ran!! It's one of my faves by Thelma too! I had no idea First Choice had a version though, I'll definitely be checking that out.
    Please do. I love First Choice's version very much.

That's from Thelma's recent-ish album A Woman's Touch. She does a cracking version of "Wake Up Everybody" on the album too, that's worth checking out as well Ran.
    I'll look for it, thanks Tom.

Great story and it's awesome that she was able to get a replacement. I was vaguely familiar with Thelma Houston. Of course I knew the hits but had NOOO idea what a POWERHOUSE she was on the microphone. Went to a disco show 3 or 4 years ago and it featured Cheryl Lynn, A Taste of Honey, Martha Wash, Thelma and a few others. My GOD, Thelma Houston sang as if it were her last time. The voice was sharp, brass and her range was amazing. I was completely blown away. Well deserved honor for her.
    Last edited by glencro; 01-25-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Please do. I love First Choice's version very much.
    I found it and gave it a listen!!!!

May I say, Mr. Ran, thank you very much for alerting me to this fantastic version. It's different to Thelma's but still bloody great. The production is absolutely stell-ar. Love it.

Oh let's just share Thelma's superb rendition as well

I need to get all of First Choice's albums.

I found it and gave it a listen!!!!

May I say, Mr. Ran, thank you very much for alerting me to this fantastic version. It's different to Thelma's but still bloody great. The production is absolutely stell-ar. Love it.
    Right? I love everything about it.

I need to get all of First Choice's albums.
    I think I have them all although it's been quite a long while since I've played them. I don't remember there being a bad one, but my favorite is definitely So Let Us Entertain You.

I only know about two songs by them, but I'm almost certain I will like all of their albums