[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Chrisette Michelle trying for a comeback

    https://newsone.com/3843909/chrisett...-inauguration/

    I don't know what to think about Chrisette Michelle. She was warned by EVERYONE of the career-ending blowback she would get but she decided to perform at the inauguration in purposeful defiance. When you take a principled stand you must live it -- you don't come years later moaning and crying over the completely foreseeable, natural consequences of your knowing, intentional actions.

    Also, I was never a fan so I don't have much invested in whether she can make a comeback. I am mostly familiar with her as one of Chante Moore's tormentors on "R&B Divas LA" (more poor judgment on her part).

  2. #2
    She and I lived in the same town out here on Long Island. Comeback for her? Fat chance!

  3. #3
    Bye, Felicia.

  4. #4
    I'm not really a fan of Chrisette's and only know her through her stint on "R&B DIVAS." I'm not sure who decides how and how long she should be punished, but I wish her well in her comeback.

  5. #5
    Some lessons are learned the hard way. Maybe she can ponder her situation on her way to work her day job on Monday.

  6. #6
    She's gonna have to work twice as hard to earn anyone's respect back.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I'm not sure who decides how and how long she should be punished, but I wish her well in her comeback.
    I do. I decide. :-)

  8. #8
    Maybe she can sing at his impeachment?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Maybe she can sing at his impeachment?
    Now that may redeem her........NOT! LOL!!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,580
    These comments LMAO...she's actually a good singer but definitely made a bad choice. She was previously warned and Questlove of The Roots actually offered to pay her not to do the performance. To every action there are consequences. She's been here a few times opening up for various artists but good luck on any real comeback.

  11. #11
    It's too bad she was so head strong. Jennifer Holliday was hellbent on doing it too until she realized that her LGBTQ fans were going to bail on her. Except for that, she pretty much made it known that her black fans could kick rocks. Guess she didn't want to lose everybody since the MAGAs would nod their heads politely when she was singing but when they got back to their hotels, they'd already forget who she was, let alone download any of her songs.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    It's too bad she was so head strong. Jennifer Holliday was hellbent on doing it too until she realized that her LGBTQ fans were going to bail on her. Except for that, she pretty much made it known that her black fans could kick rocks. Guess she didn't want to lose everybody since the MAGAs would nod their heads politely when she was singing but when they got back to their hotels, they'd already forget who she was, let alone download any of her songs.
    Effie knows her audience. For Chrisette, a paycheck's a paycheck. SMH

  13. #13
    Chrisette is young so I would hate for this moment to completely derail the possibilities that her talent promises. However, she was warned and she walked right into her present situation so she has to lay in the bed she made. I can't wait to see what Gladys Knight's old enough to know better ass career is going to do in the wake of her latest controversy.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Chrisette is young so I would hate for this moment to completely derail the possibilities that her talent promises. However, she was warned and she walked right into her present situation so she has to lay in the bed she made. I can't wait to see what Gladys Knight's old enough to know better ass career is going to do in the wake of her latest controversy.
    I’m sure Gladys will eventually reclaim her seat at the table, like James Brown & Steve Harvey before her. Though both had to do a lot to prove to us that hanging with Nixon & Trump respectively, was ill advised on their part. But I guess we’ll have to see what happens.

    Chrissette on the other hand, wasn’t nearly on the level with Gladys, Steve or James. So she’ll have to do 10 times as much to get her seat back.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    I’m sure Gladys will eventually reclaim her seat at the table, like James Brown & Steve Harvey before her. Though both had to do a lot to prove to us that hanging with Nixon & Trump respectively, was ill advised on their part. But I guess we’ll have to see what happens.

    Chrissette on the other hand, wasn’t nearly on the level with Gladys, Steve or James. So she’ll have to do 10 times as much to get her seat back.
    I think we were a more forgiving people when James went Nixon. I still see/hear a lot of nastiness about Steve Harvey so I don't know how much reclaiming he has done. But I agree with you about Chrisette. Won't be nearly as "easy" for her to get over this as it might for the others.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Chrisette is young so I would hate for this moment to completely derail the possibilities that her talent promises. However, she was warned and she walked right into her present situation so she has to lay in the bed she made. I can't wait to see what Gladys Knight's old enough to know better ass career is going to do in the wake of her latest controversy.
    Gladys will be fine. Her audience is not clued in to the NFL/Kaepernick issue. In her defense, she was wise enough not to perform at inauguration festivities and you know she was asked. The folks making this an issue for Gladys are not her audience and would not have paid to see her live anyway -- and she knows it.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Gladys will be fine. Her audience is not clued in to the NFL/Kaepernick issue. In her defense, she was wise enough not to perform at inauguration festivities and you know she was asked. The folks making this an issue for Gladys are not her audience and would not have paid to see her live anyway -- and she knows it.
    I'm disagreeing with you. I was in her audience but now I'm not. I'll still enjoy the songs I've always loved but I'm not buying anything else from her and will not pay to see her if she ever tours again. She lost a lot of respect from people who held her in high regard and if she can replace those fans with people from Trump's base, God bless her. But that won't happen.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I think we were a more forgiving people when James went Nixon. I still see/hear a lot of nastiness about Steve Harvey so I don't know how much reclaiming he has done. But I agree with you about Chrisette. Won't be nearly as "easy" for her to get over this as it might for the others.
    The difference is that Chrisette Michelle was rising and now is at square one, with a mark against her. We all know that it takes a lot of breaks for anybody to succeed since the world is full of very talented folks who are never heard by a mass audience. She simply took the wrong time to make the wrong choice because very few people are going to miss her. And yeah, a lot of people that I know refuse to watch any of Steve Harvey's many shows because of his Trump Tower adventure. Just hard to see him in the same light.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.