[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I thought Diana looked like she might be sick
    ... maybe she heard about who was in the audience ...

Oops. Did I think that out loud?

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Looks like your sources are wrong. Here's a photo of Gordy with Mary and Claudette Robinson last night. Mary has been at a lot of events with Gordy since the musical opening and he never has snubbed her. There are lots of photos of them together, hugging, etc. In fact, Mary introduced me to Mr. Gordy back in 2015 and from what I saw the two of them had great affection for the other.

Attachment 15028
    That picture is not photo shopped LOL! Here is another of them taken that night:

Name:  Berry Gordy, Mary Wilson and Claudette Robinson  Feb 2019.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  76.2 KB

It’s tough to be a Mary’s fan now

She virtually left out of everything and unknown

It’s tough to be a Mary’s fan now
    She virtually left out of everything and unknown
    She seems popular in Detroit. She got a gig as host for a fairly new awards show

*Detroit, Michigan – Some of the biggest names in music have been nominated for the National Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame Class of 2019. The ten [[10) artists with the most votes will be selected to join the Class of 2019. Winners will be announced March 1. The ceremony will be televised, which will take place on June 23rd, Black Music Month in Detroit, Michigan.

The host for this year ceremony will be former member of The Supremes, Mary Wilson.

She is even one of the nominees from which they will pick ten for inductiion.

Barry White

Stevie Wonder

Berry Gordy

Jackson 5

Johnny Gill

Howard Hewett

Keith Washington

Billy Paul

Mary Wilson

Aretha Franklin

Bobby “Blue” Bland

The Isley Brothers

Hank Crosby

Gamble & Huff

George Clinton

Janet Jackson

Jerry Lee Lewis

Keith Sweat

Mary J. Blige

Nat King Cole

Patti LaBelle

Peabo Bryson

Oprah Winfrey

Stephanie Mills

The Dells

This is not a dig, and I hope it does not come across as one, but if she is being considered for just her solo career, her name seems out of place with the other nominees. The Supremes were already inducted. Mary seems to be a favorite of the organization and of Detroit. Good luck to her as a nominee. Always nice to see former Supremes do well. The group and all its members have brought me a lot of joy.

They'll probably induct her as a music rights activist.

Well she was a Supreme through the hit making years; this is very nice for her, whoever this Hall of Fame is.

Well she was a Supreme through the hit making years; this is very nice for her, whoever this Hall of Fame is.
    It says the name right there in big red letters. Amazing! LOL!!!

Is it only being shown in Detroit? I can't imagine Mary would host anything that was to be shown on the big networks.

And, let's not forget to give her kudos for not, during Diana's performance, jumping up and running through the audience screaming 'I was a Supreme once! How insulting to ME!!' before grabbing Diana's hand for a 'Reach Out' reprisal.

LMFAO. It’s 9 am, zero degrees, I’m awakened by the sound of freezing rain hitting my window and I’m in bed crying tears from laughter - thank you for giving me a great start to an otherwise freezing cold, dark morning!

the WTF look on Gordy's face IS priceless so I guess it is real..more a scowl than a smile..

Various Gordy’s are on Facebook and I see and hear no whining and complain from them about Berry Motown or Diana - I see her referred to warmly and as Auntie

Great picture!!