[REMOVE ADS]

Mariah Carey's New Album: Caution

Anyone else enjoying Mariah's new album? It is quite good! Her most solid effort in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Anyone else enjoying Mariah's new album? It is quite good! Her most solid effort in a long time.
    Yes, and agreed. Very, very nice all around.

Couldn't agree more. "Caution" is the first album I've ever purchased by her. You don't even have to skip anything, it's so consistent."One More Gen" and "Stay Long Love You" are the two best songs in my opinion. If I had a complaint it would concern sound quality. Being an analog head,digital recordings leave much to be desired sonically for me. Maybe if she'd used an analog plug in it would sound bigger and warmer. Great choice of material though.

I am loving it! I think it’s great it’s a nice concise 10 tracks instead of a bloated affair. The song co-written with Dev Hynes [[Blood Orange) “Giving Me Life” finds Mariah channeling Minnie Riperton beautifully!

I have to say that this album kinda slipped out there. I had no idea it had been released. I haven't gotten it yet but it's on my list.

I checked out the tracks on iTunes a while ago and wasn't won over. But, I shall revisit!!!!

I'll give the album a listen later this week on Spotify.

O wow, I'll have to check it out. I haven't really been into Mariah since the 90's

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    O wow, I'll have to check it out. I haven't really been into Mariah since the 90's
    I am the same, but i do have all her albums bar the one from 4 or 5 years ago. I thought her voice went West many years ago, but i ,may check this one out if it is as good as people are claiming.

I’ve had this for about a month and finally listened to it tonight on my commute. I concur with everyone here who digs it; it’s a solid return to form and a nice grown-and-sexy/contemporary amalgam. Kudos to Mimi.