[REMOVE ADS]

Dionne and her son perform

Not sure what to say. Dionne sounds pretty good. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N3i9rJmaMLU Three weeks ago

I guess it could've been cute if this were an appearance on The Muppett Show and Dionne's son [[ "Nomad") was eight instead of forty. [[Any grandkids?)

Way overdressed for the occasion ...and don't know what reggae has to do with Hawaiian?

I think she looks and sounds great. He’s no singer, but it was fun to see and, after the passing of Queen Ree, it’s nice to see D[[e) is doing so well. Thanks for sharing this.

I'm just going to leave this here, as a palate cleanser.

^ Marvelous! So wonderful to see Dionne still performing and giving to her audience. David Elliott was marvelous, too. When was this?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    ^ Marvelous! So wonderful to see Dionne still performing and giving to her audience. David Elliott was marvelous, too. When was this?
    I believe it's from March 2018.

Here's the whole concert:

Dionne was fantastic when I saw her in September of 2018, in Vancouver, Canada, and I believe she had her granddaughter perform a duet with her.

I can't lay my hands on the e-mail alert I received but it reported that her new album will be out in the "spring" but you know how that sometimes goes. It is going to be entitled "She's Back" and supposedly will contain 10 songs of mostly new material, although there was a hint that there might be some R and B standards covered. It is being promoted as being her "first R and B album in 50 years," however we are supposed to interpret that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I can't lay my hands on the e-mail alert I received but it reported that her new album will be out in the "spring" but you know how that sometimes goes. It is going to be entitled "She's Back" and supposedly will contain 10 songs of mostly new material, although there was a hint that there might be some R and B standards covered. It is being promoted as being her "first R and B album in 50 years," however we are supposed to interpret that statement.
    The press release I saw made it sound as if the new album will be comparable to her SOULFUL album from 1968. I guess TRACK OF THE CAT doesn't count as it didn't contain covers.

Also, Dionne is supposed to appear on an upcoming episode of CBS SUNDAY MORNING , as she is receiving a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Awards this year.