[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Japan Releases

I see that Motown Japan will be releasing some new titles in 2019, including Rick James - Throwin' Down, Nolen & Crossley - Ambience, Supremes - Produced & Arranged by Jimmy Webb, Earl Van Dyke & the Soul Brothers - That Motown Sound, Earl Van Dyke - Earl of Funk, Shorty Long - Here Comes the Judge, Brenda Holloway - Every Little Bit Hurts, Kiki Dee - Great Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by blkfrost View Post
    I see that Motown Japan will be releasing some new titles in 2019, including Rick James - Throwin' Down, Nolen & Crossley - Ambience, Supremes - Produced & Arranged by Jimmy Webb, Earl Van Dyke & the Soul Brothers - That Motown Sound, Earl Van Dyke - Earl of Funk, Shorty Long - Here Comes the Judge, Brenda Holloway - Every Little Bit Hurts, Kiki Dee - Great Expectations
    Interesting - where did you see the listings?

Dusty Groove.

Universal Japan never cease to amaze although I expect these will be jewel case rather than mini LP format. Thanks for this good news

I'm still baffled as to how Rick James has only had a digital release of his complete motown albums. Such a shame.

Here's a link for some of the new releases.....https://www.dustygroove.com/browse.p...s=on&limit=100

Great news, thanks for sharing. Love that The Supremes Produced & Arranged by Jimmy Webb is getting its own individual release on CD. Also wonderful to see that they are re-pressing Scherrie & Susaye's Partners album once again. It must have sold well the first time around

With the Supremes Jimmy Webb album being released on cd in Japan gives me hope that they will some day get around to the Funny Girl album and maybe the last 3 Miracles albums on cd.

Nice to hear about Brenda's reissue. Hopefully it's the mono album being reissued on CD like Amos Milburn's Blues Boss a few years back. The stereo mix is decent but the mono blows it away. It's far superior to stereo IMO.

Most of them's already been released by Universal Japan not so long ago, but also some of them's been increased in price when going out of print, so am looking forward to some "second chances" of sorts with some that I missed the last time around.

Brenda Holloway, Earl Van Dyke & the Soul Brothers, Kiki Dee, and Mandre definitely looks new to CD forms, and yes, count me in with Brenda Holloway's also.

Great to see the Supremes getting another physical release. I loved PARTNERS as well as SUPREMES 75. JW will be a nice addition.

When will we get some Jr. Walker CD releases? I loved his 1970s recordings, especially "Hot Shot" from 1976.