[REMOVE ADS]

Ross Reaps Rabid Raves

It wasn’t just me and my buddies, the crowd was nuts for Diana last night, and, unbelievably, even more so tonight. Review below. Same set list, same everything, yet what she does with sameness cannot be matched by anyone doing anything. Yes, folks were crying by the end. Yes, her demo IS getting younger - LOTS of millennials - old folks too, especially in Fort Myers you could hear the arteries hardening in the back of the orchestra, but a lot of 20’s 30’s 40’s in attendance - especially in Orlando tonight where she outdid herself.

She looks beyond sensational- she’s slim, sexy, beautiful and radiant.........

‘’Tonight, every lyric had a gesture or depth of meaning on her countenance. One minute into the show and the entire sold out crowd was gaping in awe. I can’t even describe it except to say, she sounds great, even missing an occasional note last night, she sounded great. Tonight, she was spot on - and she knew it, fed off it as did the crowd until it built into a massive, emotionally overwhelmed feeling of pure joy. I’ve seen her many times, this was phenomenal. Afterward, all you could hear were superlatives above the din.

there are still seats at one of her remaining shows, don’t miss it if you’re at all interested.

‘’We were just talking at dinner about how lucky we are to still have Diana and Mary both working - and at such a high performance level. I don’t take it for granted and will be at The Carlyle in June.

https://www.news-press.com/story/ent...qa66d8D8w1Rx00

while changing after ANMHE, a fan put a jacket on the stage. When she came out, she took it and saw herself on the back. Put it on and wore it the rest of the set, posing for pics, thanking the artist and taking his card.
    Last edited by TheMotownManiac; 01-10-2019 at 12:27 AM.

Nice to see all these great reviews for Diana.

I saw her this past October and even though it was the same familiar show, it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. During the Q&A near the end, she gave me the mike and I was able to tell how just how much she has meant to me over the years. I'm looking forward to her celebration of her 75 years.

Great show. Love to hear that people my age went to see her!

Lovely to see and totally well-deserved. A complete set-list shake-up would be nice but until/unless that happens we have the option to not attend. The fact is that many [[most?) legacy performers from Judy Garland in the late 50's [[including Ella, Sarah, Frank, Marlene, etc) also tended to settle into a set-list and stick with it. Like those performers [[whose voices all suffered more greatly at the age of 75 than does Diana) a Ross concert is a celebration of a shared emotional past as much as it is a mere 'concert'. Diana Ross is indeed an American treasure: the best of what we have to achieve and to offer.

When all the Motown greats were first released from the starting gate, who would've put money on it being Diana Ross to round the final laps out in front and in full stride.

this 60th anniversary year of Motown will be a banner year for Diana Ross!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    this 60th anniversary year of Motown will be a banner year for Diana Ross!
    I agree; Diamond Diana's 75 and Motown's 60th will complement each other well.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I agree; Diamond Diana's 75 and Motown's 60th will complement each other well.
    Like pen and paper or macaroni and cheese ��

Anyone want to bet that there is more done for Diamond Diana than Motown 60?

well the Central Park Concert will be seen in theaters via Fathom around the date of her birthday! that's pretty big news