[REMOVE ADS]

We lost Denise one year ago

I forgot to post this on the exact date but January 8th marked the one year anniversary of the death of Denise LaSalle. I know she was not everyone's cup of tea, since she could tell it like it is, but she did that better than anybody for almost 50 years and is very much missed.

2018 was a sad year indeed as we lost her, Aretha and Nancy, but wow, such legacies they each left behind!!!

"hooked on this thing called love" will always send shivers up my spine...

I remember the first time I heard it....LAWD! she "spoke" for us "wimmins"...

nobody could ever sang it like she did.....

My favorite Denise line was from very early in her career. It was the song "Man Size Job" which has been covered by several other artists by the way. It is about a mature woman telling her man that she is through with him because she found a younger man who can satisfy her more.

So at one point in the song, she sings "When you had what he's got, you didn't know what to do with what you had."

I LOVE IT!