[REMOVE ADS]

Interview: Josh Wakely, the creator of "Motown Magic"- an animated show on Netflix

Hey ya'll,
    This podcast is from KCRW. 'Really interesting story on how Wakely secured the rights to use the music of the Beatles, Motown, and Bob Dylan.

Hosted by Kim Masters • Nov. 30, 2018

21 minutes

‘Beat Bugs’ & ‘Motown Magic’ creator on his passionate pursuit of music rights

For his Netflix kids show ‘Beat Bugs’, Josh Wakely worked a miracle: he got the rights to use Beatles music in the series. Never afraid of going big, Wakely now has a new animated show on Netflix called ‘Motown Magic,’ which features another set of iconic songs and Smokey Robinson as the music supervisor. Wakely tells us about his years-long pursuit of the rights to some of the world’s most famous music.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://www.kcrw.com/news-culture/shows/the-business/beat-bugs-motown-magic-creator-on-his-passionate-pursuit-of-music-rights/josh-wakely-on-beat-bugs-and-motown-magic

Part of me wishes I could be a kid again just so I could watch this show.

how great