By 1972 it was clear that The Supremes had slipped in popularity a lot. Their albums were not important new releases, their gigs were way lower in size and price and the turmoil in the group made DR&TS look like a love-in. There’s no reason to point Fingers - it was over. Lynda brought a new vivacity to the group - but it was ANOTHER change and the one that, I think, did them in. When Mary Wilson was the only recognizable Supreme on an album, the general population had no interest in going to a concert of a group with no giant hits. At the time, I was getting to know them personally, so as great as that was, it also burst my bubble about the group and show business. Jean was always nice to me, but she was not always nice to Mary and Mary was trying so hard to get along. I don’t think that showed on TV or on-stage, but only die-hards we’re still into the group. They did no concerts anymore as headliners in arenas or auditoriums that I knew of. Everything was split bills or they opened. They still got some club dates as the headliners, but those venues were deteriorating the pay scale. It was over then. A new, big something was needed but never came. They needed Lady Marmalade- not Floy Joy.