[REMOVE ADS]

Does this sound like a Motown song?!

Always liked this song as a kid and never really knew why; now I reckon it's because it's got Motown written all over it!!!!! What do you think?!

It has as retro feel to it. To me it is a combination late 60s Motown and early 70s Al Green Hi Records sound.

Who are these people?

Yes, I hear you there marv.

They are Boyzone, a boyband from Ireland who had success in the UK in the 1990s.

Yes! Good song, good performance, and a nice tribute to the Motown Sound!

I agree PNH!!!

It sounds to me like a Hitsville/Philly hybrid. I get undertones of Thom Bell/Spinners in addition to Motown licks.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Boyzone were a very big boy band here in the UK. In 2014, late in their career they released a Motown tribute album called "Dublin to Detroit". Their lead singer Ronan Keating has also been successful as a solo artist during the same time as the band's success

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    It sounds to me like a Hitsville/Philly hybrid. I get undertones of Thom Bell/Spinners in addition to Motown licks.
    Yeah I can hear that Al. The drumrolls and guitar remind me of Motown but the horns are a bit more Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Boyzone were a very big boy band here in the UK. In 2014, late in their career they released a Motown tribute album called "Dublin to Detroit". Their lead singer Ronan Keating has also been successful as a solo artist during the same time as the band's success
    Thanks for the info mystery. I think it's great to know that they appreciate a bit of Motown. That album is pretty good too. They do a great version of the Motown Christmas classic "What Christmas Means To Me"!

Good one TomatoTom. As others have already said I hear a lot of '70s Soul [[both the Philly Sound & Hi Records/Memphis Sound) in the song. Also, the chord changes remind me of Classic '60s Motown.

Reminds me more of Hall & Oates in the 80s. Or even Billy Joel or Huey Lewis also from the early 80s.

It sounds like something the commadores with lionel richie would've done.

I can hear all of those things!! It's interesting that everyone hears something slightly different.

Just wonderin' ... have the Gayes sued yet?