[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 50 of 53

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Surviving R. Kelly! Who’s watching?

    Anyone else watching this documentary on Lifetime! It’s been quite a show so far. I’d been giving Kels a pass for years, but the sex cult allegations was the straw that broke the camel’s back! Except for the stuff he did for other artists and “I Believe I Can Fly”, I cannot listen to him without cringing anymore!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Anyone else watching this documentary on Lifetime! It’s been quite a show so far. I’d been giving Kels a pass for years, but the sex cult allegations was the straw that broke the camel’s back! Except for the stuff he did for other artists and “I Believe I Can Fly”, I cannot listen to him without cringing anymore!
    R. Kelly is one big Creep!

  3. #3
    Robert Sylvester Kelly is a pedophile, child molester, abuser and rapist... straight up.

    Also go back to the lyrics of his music, he was never coy about raping teen girls. He gave VERY subtle hints...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Robert Sylvester Kelly is a pedophile, child molester, abuser and rapist... straight up.

    Also go back to the lyrics of his music, he was never coy about raping teen girls. He gave VERY subtle hints...
    That’s why it’s hard to listen to it now! If you’re familiar with the character the Pied Piper, it makes sense why he would call himself that.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    That’s why it’s hard to listen to it now! If you’re familiar with the character the Pied Piper, it makes sense why he would call himself that.
    When I read about it shortly after he gave himself that nickname, I was like "this motherf..."

    He's complacent in his criminal behavior. And because of the girls he targeted, he knows he'll get away with it. UGH...

    Some artists you COULD separate the man from the music but this one, you simply can't. It's totally impossible.

  6. #6
    I saw some of this last night - the part about his marriage to Aaliyah when she was underage and I gather, some forgery that allowed it.

    A comment was made about rock n roll and how there is a history of this and they mentioned Jerry Lee Lewis and then Elvis Presley's marriage to Priscilla.

    But they made no mention of Aretha Franklin having two children by the age of 15 and what it did to her.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I saw some of this last night - the part about his marriage to Aaliyah when she was underage and I gather, some forgery that allowed it.

    A comment was made about rock n roll and how there is a history of this and they mentioned Jerry Lee Lewis and then Elvis Presley's marriage to Priscilla.

    But they made no mention of Aretha Franklin having two children by the age of 15 and what it did to her.
    Aretha's first two kids' daddies were teenagers themselves allegedly. Think Edward's father was (not sure about Clarence's). But yeah being a teen mother definitely did a number on her. Also her being allegedly turned out by Sam Cooke (not sure if I believe that fully but it's believable).

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I saw some of this last night - the part about his marriage to Aaliyah when she was underage and I gather, some forgery that allowed it.

    A comment was made about rock n roll and how there is a history of this and they mentioned Jerry Lee Lewis and then Elvis Presley's marriage to Priscilla.

    But they made no mention of Aretha Franklin having two children by the age of 15 and what it did to her.
    Sir:

    1. I think Aretha's second child was born when the lady was 14.
    2. 'Ree got some serious evil eye; watch yer'self bay-boy!
    3. Canadians. I just can't.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 01-08-2019 at 09:27 AM.

  9. #9
    I've been off of his bandwagon for over a decade. These allegations have been around him forever and the jury that let him skate used spurious logic to make its decision, from what I understand. The technology necessary to paste a man's moving face on a video back then was too expensive and hard to obtain for someone to use it to frame him.

    Sadly, his music downloads have spiked similarly to the way New Edition and Bobby Brown's did after their biopics on BET. His fan saw these shows and actually decided they wanted to support this animal. SMH. And on Facebook, I have a cousin who posted a meme asking why we're "attacking" R. Kelly but "looking the other way" on Trump's indiscretions. Who's looking the other way? And why can't we hold both accountable?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I've been off of his bandwagon for over a decade. These allegations have been around him forever and the jury that let him skate used spurious logic to make its decision, from what I understand. The technology necessary to paste a man's moving face on a video back then was too expensive and hard to obtain for someone to use it to frame him.

    Sadly, his music downloads have spiked similarly to the way New Edition and Bobby Brown's did after their biopics on BET. His fan saw these shows and actually decided they wanted to support this animal. SMH. And on Facebook, I have a cousin who posted a meme asking why we're "attacking" R. Kelly but "looking the other way" on Trump's indiscretions. Who's looking the other way? And why can't we hold both accountable?
    Folks are just racist. I blame black and white celebrities who have credible evidence against them for being pedophiles and rapists. People making this a racial issue need to cut it out. We need to confront the rampant pedophilia that was always normalized in our community just like pedophilia was normalized for years in other communities. Both Robert and Trump are guilty as sin.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Folks are just racist. I blame black and white celebrities who have credible evidence against them for being pedophiles and rapists. People making this a racial issue need to cut it out. We need to confront the rampant pedophilia that was always normalized in our community just like pedophilia was normalized for years in other communities. Both Robert and Trump are guilty as sin.
    Amen Midnightman. Couldnt have said it better. Why the far right evengelicals kiss Trumps hateful orange butt is beyond me. Hes nothing but a lying and mysoginistic POS who disgust me to my very core.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Amen Midnightman. Couldnt have said it better. Why the far right evengelicals kiss Trumps hateful orange butt is beyond me. Hes nothing but a lying and mysoginistic POS who disgust me to my very core.
    I regret this is an easy question to answer. Evangelicals are largely a racist, homophobic and nationalistic batch of white supremacists, as is djt. Ergo. And the evangelical leaders are quite frequently on-the-DL philanderers. As is djt. So he is their best bet.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I regret this is an easy question to answer. Evangelicals are largely a racist, homophobic and nationalistic batch of white supremacists, as is djt. Ergo. And the evangelical leaders are quite frequently on-the-DL philanderers. As is djt. So he is their best bet.
    Yes they are a racist and sexist and homophobic and they are also the worst kid of Hypocrites as is President Pus*y Grabber.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Folks are just racist. I blame black and white celebrities who have credible evidence against them for being pedophiles and rapists. People making this a racial issue need to cut it out. We need to confront the rampant pedophilia that was always normalized in our community just like pedophilia was normalized for years in other communities. Both Robert and Trump are guilty as sin.
    Arguing with a cousin about this on Facebook. He says that this is all just a plot to bring down a powerful black man. He ignores my question when I ask him why he sides with the black male celebrity over the dozen-plus young black victims. When I ask if they're black like he is, he accuses me of being a sheep who's believing what white people want me to believe. He felt the same about Bill Cosby.

    What amazes me with these people is that they completely see women and girls as being less valuable then men, black or not.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Arguing with a cousin about this on Facebook. He says that this is all just a plot to bring down a powerful black man. He ignores my question when I ask him why he sides with the black male celebrity over the dozen-plus young black victims. When I ask if they're black like he is, he accuses me of being a sheep who's believing what white people want me to believe. He felt the same about Bill Cosby.

    What amazes me with these people is that they completely see women and girls as being less valuable then men, black or not.
    They truly don't. They think our girls are "fast" and "got what's coming to them". That sh*t is so messed up. No wonder they don't speak up!

    R. Kelly's daughter recently came out with a post on Instagram (I think) basically confirming to anyone with sense that R. Kelly was a monster and never was a father to her and she saw her mother being abused. That adds another element to how evil he is.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Arguing with a cousin about this on Facebook. He says that this is all just a plot to bring down a powerful black man. He ignores my question when I ask him why he sides with the black male celebrity over the dozen-plus young black victims. When I ask if they're black like he is, he accuses me of being a sheep who's believing what white people want me to believe. He felt the same about Bill Cosby.

    What amazes me with these people is that they completely see women and girls as being less valuable then men, black or not.
    And they dont get the #MeToo movement. Wall Streets answer is to hire less women. Its all messed up but one by one predator and sexual abusers are getting caught.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I've been off of his bandwagon for over a decade. These allegations have been around him forever and the jury that let him skate used spurious logic to make its decision, from what I understand. The technology necessary to paste a man's moving face on a video back then was too expensive and hard to obtain for someone to use it to frame him.

    Sadly, his music downloads have spiked similarly to the way New Edition and Bobby Brown's did after their biopics on BET. His fan saw these shows and actually decided they wanted to support this animal. SMH. And on Facebook, I have a cousin who posted a asking why we're "attacking" R. Kelly but "looking the other way" on Trump's indiscretions. Who's looking the other way? And why can't we hold both accountable?
    We can, and should! And largely are. But as of yet their are no djt accusers who are minors.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Anyone else watching this documentary on Lifetime! It’s been quite a show so far. I’d been giving Kels a pass for years, but the sex cult allegations was the straw that broke the camel’s back! Except for the stuff he did for other artists and “I Believe I Can Fly”, I cannot listen to him without cringing anymore!
    Dude emptied his bladder into the mouth of a minor AND thought it was a nifty idea to film it. If 'ya ask me, 'I Got Pee On My Fly' isn't all that ...

  19. #19
    Sorry if this offends anybody... Watch it to the end.


  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    sorry if this offends anybody... Watch it to the end.

    you wrong for this! Lmao

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    you wrong for this! Lmao
    I know... I know... I was on FB, amazed that this tool still has such a strong base of support. I was angry until I saw it and felt bad when it made me laugh.

  22. #22
    Jerry, you gon’ bust hell wide open. ROTFLMAO!!!!!

  23. #23
    Some major R&B stations have agreed to stop playing R. Kelly's music...

  24. #24
    Now THAT is one classy guy.

  25. #25
    I just couldn’t resist!

    https://youtu.be/eafRE74JGZ8

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    I just couldn’t resist!

    https://youtu.be/eafRE74JGZ8
    LOL. I sent that to a knucklehead who was defending him but he ignored it.

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    LOL. I sent that to a knucklehead who was defending him but he ignored it.
    I cannot believe the number of people defending him or deflecting onto someone else! Making excuses because the public first found out about R. Kelly 25 years ago and he's been able to avoid prison, etc.

  28. #28
    In this #hashtag era there is something called the “cancel” culture . Ali, and Marvin Gaye are on the list for either dating/marrying/ or sexing minors- allegedly. Many of our favorites are on the list, for either sexual assault or physical abuse.

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    In this #hashtag era there is something called the “cancel” culture . Ali, and Marvin Gaye are on the list for either dating/marrying/ or sexing minors- allegedly. Many of our favorites are on the list, for either sexual assault or physical abuse.
    The most outrageous example of this was when someone posted a photo of Donald Trump with the caption "Why are you all attacking R. Kelly but THIS GUY gets a pass?" That one was really not worth shaking my head over because it was so stupid.

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    The most outrageous example of this was when someone posted a photo of Donald Trump with the caption "Why are you all attacking R. Kelly but THIS GUY gets a pass?" That one was really not worth shaking my head over because it was so stupid.

    I am so tired of all the deflection that goes on these days in our society. Excuse anything and anyone by pointing the finger at someone else's wrong doing! It's sick.

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    In this #hashtag era there is something called the “cancel” culture . Ali, and Marvin Gaye are on the list for either dating/marrying/ or sexing minors- allegedly. Many of our favorites are on the list, for either sexual assault or physical abuse.
    They need to cut that ish out. Neither Ali nor Marvin was as depraved as Robert. They basically wanna be like "if y'all can cancel Robert, can you cancel..." hell to the naw...

    And the dirt they claimed to find on Marvin was not even confirmed so they can keep it. Only thing they can bring up is Janis and that's not even a scandal at this point. Like what?
    Last edited by midnightman; 01-14-2019 at 12:50 AM.

  32. #32
    I’m finally getting a chance to actually see this miniseries; I’m nearing the end of the 5th episode and am utterly drained. What a flipping monster he is. dream hampton really aced this project; it’s stellar work by a novice to film/TV production. I’m gonna take a long, hot shower at the end of this...with holy water.

  33. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I’m finally getting a chance to actually see this miniseries; I’m nearing the end of the 5th episode and am utterly drained. What a flipping monster he is. dream hampton really aced this project; it’s stellar work by a novice to film/TV production. I’m gonna take a long, hot shower at the end of this...with holy water.
    Presuming you have completed your Silkwood shower, holy water rinse, Janet Jackson enema and Gwenyth Paltry toxcicity cleanse, may I presume you thought the reporting was honest? I don't have access to Lifetime so YOU become my voice of truth!

  34. #34
    I've always been skeptical of folks who use a letter for their first name...

  35. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    I've always been skeptical of folks who use a letter for their first name...
    Yeah, I knew a guy named I.P. Freeley who had pretty much the same issues as R. Kelly.

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Yeah, I knew a guy named I.P. Freeley who had pretty much the same issues as R. Kelly.
    You do not! Stop it Jerry! hehehehehehehehehe!!!!

  37. #37
    "I believe I can fly I believe I can testify......"
    Last edited by marv2; 01-13-2019 at 09:12 PM.

  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    "I believe I can fly I believe I can testify......"
    My cousin is ready to unfriend me but I don't care. I'm hitting him with all of these. With the little prison time one too.

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    My cousin is ready to unfriend me but I don't care. I'm hitting him with all of these. With the little prison time one too.
    Do it! Your cousin needs to be awakened.......!

  40. #40
    "Fiesta, fiesta........molesta, molesta...."

    "I don’t See nutn wrong....... With a lil Prison Time"

    LOL!

  41. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Presuming you have completed your Silkwood shower, holy water rinse, Janet Jackson enema and Gwenyth Paltry toxcicity cleanse, may I presume you thought the reporting was honest? I don't have access to Lifetime so YOU become my voice of truth!
    Very credible, with first-hand accounts and even primary footage of parents being reunited with their daughters...and heartbreaking footage of some parents trying and failing. Completely unsettling.

  42. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Very credible, with first-hand accounts and even primary footage of parents being reunited with their daughters...and heartbreaking footage of some parents trying and failing. Completely unsettling.
    Right! Very creepy and unsettling.

  43. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Very credible, with first-hand accounts and even primary footage of parents being reunited with their daughters...and heartbreaking footage of some parents trying and failing. Completely unsettling.
    What is your opinion regarding what radio should do about his music?

  44. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    What is your opinion regarding what radio should do about his music?
    Dump his ass. His music is full of subliminals and downright sledgehammers and should be kicked off the airwaves.

  45. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Dump his ass. His music is full of subliminals and downright sledgehammers and should be kicked off the airwaves.
    Interesting. I'm not a 'censorship' guy so my hope is that 'the people' will contact their music providers and request they not play him. One of the local papers had a good interview with one of the young ladies' mom; hope I can find & post it here.

  46. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Yeah, I knew a guy named I.P. Freeley who had pretty much the same issues as R. Kelly.
    Did he attend Bring-‘em Young University?

  47. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Did he attend Bring-‘em Young University?
    Yeah, I'm gonna make somebody mad with this one!

  48. #48
    Lots been happening since the aftermath of the documentary:

    1.) R. Kelly's former manager or lawyer (forget which) turned himself into police after making what authorities called "terroristic threats" against Jocelyn Savage's parents.
    2.) R. Kelly no longer can get anyone to license performances from him in Illinois, meaning Chicago, Springfield, etc., is not willing to book him for what they call "safety reasons" (the documentary revealed he picked most of his recent victims at his concerts).
    3.) Some of his collaborators publicly admitted that working with him was a bad decision and have either spoke out apologizing (Chance the Rapper and some duo named Phoenix) or removing their collaborations with him off their catalog (Celine Dion and Lady Gaga). Of course we know some radio stations have decided to not play his classics.
    4.) RCA is dropping his name off of their current roster of artists meaning for the first time since 1989, he is without a label. His last album was a Christmas recording, released in 2016. His last gold album was 2010's "Love Letter" and his commercial relevance peaked with 2003's "Chocolate Factory". Sony Music owns ALL of his catalog. ALL OF IT.

    And now this:

    Aaliyah's former lawyer says he tried to speak out after discovering her marriage to R. Kelly


    DETROIT (WXYZ) — More and more women continue to come forward with allegations against R. Kelly, but one of his reported victims will never get to share her story. Still, WXYZ is learning new information about efforts made decades ago to expose allegations of impropriety.

    Aaliyah Haughton would have been 40 years old this week had she not lost her life in a tragic plane crash in 2002. The singer who grew up in Detroit and was known as the “Princess of R & B,” released hits that topped the Billboard charts, and earned Grammy nominations.

    “She was very much a talent,” said LaMar Lemmons, a Detroit politician who used to work as the youth director of the Inner-City Subcenter.

    While youth director, Lemmons teamed up with Aaliyah’s uncle and her parents who worked at another community group called Operation Get Down. They hosted talent competitions on the city’s east side.

    “She used to win all the local talent shows on the east side,” Lemmons said.

    Lemmons says there were rumors and tabloid articles about an inappropriate relationship between recording star R. Kelly and Aaliyah, but no one wanted to believe it. Then LifeTime aired a six-part docuseries called Surviving R. Kelly in early January.

    The documentary shared the stories of women who say Kelly abused them and exposed allegations of sexual relationships with young teens, including Aaliyah when she was only 14 and 15 years old.

    Kelly responded to ABC News through his lawyer. He denied ever having a sexual relationship with anyone under the age of consent. He also claimed Aaliyah tricked R. Kelly by claiming to be older than she was.

    The response comes despite old videos on Youtube in which Kelly makes statements showing he knows exactly how old Aaliyah was at the time.



    “Mr. Kelly took advantage of her from my perspective, because she was far too young to be wed,” Lemmons said.

    So, how did he get away with it and continue to be a star? A source told Action News to go to the Oakland County Probate court to review Aaliyah’s file. When we did, we found one attorney back in 1996 tried to investigate this disturbing alleged relationship.

    “I started doing research and finding things,” said George Cushingberry Jr., a retired attorney.

    In the 1990s a judge appointed Cushingberry to represent Aaliyah as guardian ad litem in her conservatorship case. It was in a case aimed at overseeing her finances because she was a minor making a large amount of money. Cushingberry’s job was to make sure no one took advantage of her financially.

    When he heard she had gotten married in Chicago, he went there.

    “I thought, could any of her money be missing,” Cushingberry said.

    He obtained her marriage license and other documents.

    “It showed and said that somebody said this baby was older than she was, and she should get married. I didn’t know who Robert Kelly was, I hate to admit it,” Cushingberry said.

    Action News obtained copies of some of the documents he submitted. He says he expected outrage and action in defense of Aaliyah. Instead, he says Aaliyah’s family seemed outraged at him in court.

    “(Her family said), you told the judge what? How did you find out,” Cushingberry said.

    He added that he was told not to submit his report, and that it was off topic. He was told to focus on making sure her tax returns were correct. However, he submitted some of his evidence anyway but his actual report as of now is not in the file, although it shows there was a report made in a case register of actions.

    Action News called the judge on the case. He reviewed the more than 20-year-old file. He says it is hard to say what happened to those documents because the public has access to the files.

    “When the judge told me to just go ahead and finish once I got the tax returns, I did as I was told,” Cushingberry said.

    Cushingberry says when he saw the Surviving R. Kelly special he couldn’t help but wonder if other women could have been protected.

    “I would have liked more outrage from the family itself,” he said.

    Tragically Aaliyah never got the chance to speak out for herself. In 2002 her plane crashed in the Bahamas after recording the music video "Rock The Boat" from self-titled album.

    Her mom on Twitter has called the allegations of the inappropriate relationship between Aaliyah and R. Kelly lies that harm her legacy.

    Lemmons says in his opinion, her legacy is safe.

    “Her talent speaks for itself and she is clearly a victim," he said. "Now other people’s legacies, if these allegations are true – R. Kelly’s legacy is severely damaged by these allegations."

    According to reports , Sony Music has dropped R. Kelly from the label following the airing of the Lifetime docuseries.

    https://www.wxyz.com/news/aaliyahs-f...age-to-r-kelly

  49. #49
    This drama is slowly coming to an end. I just heard that his record label, RCA has dropped him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.