[REMOVE ADS]




Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 54
  1. #1

    Surviving R. Kelly! Who’s watching?

    Anyone else watching this documentary on Lifetime! It’s been quite a show so far. I’d been giving Kels a pass for years, but the sex cult allegations was the straw that broke the camel’s back! Except for the stuff he did for other artists and “I Believe I Can Fly”, I cannot listen to him without cringing anymore!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Anyone else watching this documentary on Lifetime! It’s been quite a show so far. I’d been giving Kels a pass for years, but the sex cult allegations was the straw that broke the camel’s back! Except for the stuff he did for other artists and “I Believe I Can Fly”, I cannot listen to him without cringing anymore!
    R. Kelly is one big Creep!

  3. #3
    Robert Sylvester Kelly is a pedophile, child molester, abuser and rapist... straight up.

    Also go back to the lyrics of his music, he was never coy about raping teen girls. He gave VERY subtle hints...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Robert Sylvester Kelly is a pedophile, child molester, abuser and rapist... straight up.

    Also go back to the lyrics of his music, he was never coy about raping teen girls. He gave VERY subtle hints...
    That’s why it’s hard to listen to it now! If you’re familiar with the character the Pied Piper, it makes sense why he would call himself that.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    That’s why it’s hard to listen to it now! If you’re familiar with the character the Pied Piper, it makes sense why he would call himself that.
    When I read about it shortly after he gave himself that nickname, I was like "this motherf..."

    He's complacent in his criminal behavior. And because of the girls he targeted, he knows he'll get away with it. UGH...

    Some artists you COULD separate the man from the music but this one, you simply can't. It's totally impossible.

  6. #6
    I saw some of this last night - the part about his marriage to Aaliyah when she was underage and I gather, some forgery that allowed it.

    A comment was made about rock n roll and how there is a history of this and they mentioned Jerry Lee Lewis and then Elvis Presley's marriage to Priscilla.

    But they made no mention of Aretha Franklin having two children by the age of 15 and what it did to her.

  7. #7
    I've been off of his bandwagon for over a decade. These allegations have been around him forever and the jury that let him skate used spurious logic to make its decision, from what I understand. The technology necessary to paste a man's moving face on a video back then was too expensive and hard to obtain for someone to use it to frame him.

    Sadly, his music downloads have spiked similarly to the way New Edition and Bobby Brown's did after their biopics on BET. His fan saw these shows and actually decided they wanted to support this animal. SMH. And on Facebook, I have a cousin who posted a meme asking why we're "attacking" R. Kelly but "looking the other way" on Trump's indiscretions. Who's looking the other way? And why can't we hold both accountable?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I saw some of this last night - the part about his marriage to Aaliyah when she was underage and I gather, some forgery that allowed it.

    A comment was made about rock n roll and how there is a history of this and they mentioned Jerry Lee Lewis and then Elvis Presley's marriage to Priscilla.

    But they made no mention of Aretha Franklin having two children by the age of 15 and what it did to her.
    Aretha's first two kids' daddies were teenagers themselves allegedly. Think Edward's father was (not sure about Clarence's). But yeah being a teen mother definitely did a number on her. Also her being allegedly turned out by Sam Cooke (not sure if I believe that fully but it's believable).

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I've been off of his bandwagon for over a decade. These allegations have been around him forever and the jury that let him skate used spurious logic to make its decision, from what I understand. The technology necessary to paste a man's moving face on a video back then was too expensive and hard to obtain for someone to use it to frame him.

    Sadly, his music downloads have spiked similarly to the way New Edition and Bobby Brown's did after their biopics on BET. His fan saw these shows and actually decided they wanted to support this animal. SMH. And on Facebook, I have a cousin who posted a meme asking why we're "attacking" R. Kelly but "looking the other way" on Trump's indiscretions. Who's looking the other way? And why can't we hold both accountable?
    Folks are just racist. I blame black and white celebrities who have credible evidence against them for being pedophiles and rapists. People making this a racial issue need to cut it out. We need to confront the rampant pedophilia that was always normalized in our community just like pedophilia was normalized for years in other communities. Both Robert and Trump are guilty as sin.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I've been off of his bandwagon for over a decade. These allegations have been around him forever and the jury that let him skate used spurious logic to make its decision, from what I understand. The technology necessary to paste a man's moving face on a video back then was too expensive and hard to obtain for someone to use it to frame him.

    Sadly, his music downloads have spiked similarly to the way New Edition and Bobby Brown's did after their biopics on BET. His fan saw these shows and actually decided they wanted to support this animal. SMH. And on Facebook, I have a cousin who posted a asking why we're "attacking" R. Kelly but "looking the other way" on Trump's indiscretions. Who's looking the other way? And why can't we hold both accountable?
    We can, and should! And largely are. But as of yet their are no djt accusers who are minors.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I saw some of this last night - the part about his marriage to Aaliyah when she was underage and I gather, some forgery that allowed it.

    A comment was made about rock n roll and how there is a history of this and they mentioned Jerry Lee Lewis and then Elvis Presley's marriage to Priscilla.

    But they made no mention of Aretha Franklin having two children by the age of 15 and what it did to her.
    Sir:

    1. I think Aretha's second child was born when the lady was 14.
    2. 'Ree got some serious evil eye; watch yer'self bay-boy!
    3. Canadians. I just can't.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 01-08-2019 at 09:27 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    Anyone else watching this documentary on Lifetime! It’s been quite a show so far. I’d been giving Kels a pass for years, but the sex cult allegations was the straw that broke the camel’s back! Except for the stuff he did for other artists and “I Believe I Can Fly”, I cannot listen to him without cringing anymore!
    Dude emptied his bladder into the mouth of a minor AND thought it was a nifty idea to film it. If 'ya ask me, 'I Got Pee On My Fly' isn't all that ...

  13. #13
    Sorry if this offends anybody... Watch it to the end.


  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    sorry if this offends anybody... Watch it to the end.

    you wrong for this! Lmao

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    you wrong for this! Lmao
    I know... I know... I was on FB, amazed that this tool still has such a strong base of support. I was angry until I saw it and felt bad when it made me laugh.

  16. #16
    Jerry, you gon’ bust hell wide open. ROTFLMAO!!!!!

  17. #17
    Some major R&B stations have agreed to stop playing R. Kelly's music...

  18. #18
    Now THAT is one classy guy.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Folks are just racist. I blame black and white celebrities who have credible evidence against them for being pedophiles and rapists. People making this a racial issue need to cut it out. We need to confront the rampant pedophilia that was always normalized in our community just like pedophilia was normalized for years in other communities. Both Robert and Trump are guilty as sin.
    Amen Midnightman. Couldnt have said it better. Why the far right evengelicals kiss Trumps hateful orange butt is beyond me. Hes nothing but a lying and mysoginistic POS who disgust me to my very core.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Amen Midnightman. Couldnt have said it better. Why the far right evengelicals kiss Trumps hateful orange butt is beyond me. Hes nothing but a lying and mysoginistic POS who disgust me to my very core.
    I regret this is an easy question to answer. Evangelicals are largely a racist, homophobic and nationalistic batch of white supremacists, as is djt. Ergo. And the evangelical leaders are quite frequently on-the-DL philanderers. As is djt. So he is their best bet.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I regret this is an easy question to answer. Evangelicals are largely a racist, homophobic and nationalistic batch of white supremacists, as is djt. Ergo. And the evangelical leaders are quite frequently on-the-DL philanderers. As is djt. So he is their best bet.
    Yes they are a racist and sexist and homophobic and they are also the worst kid of Hypocrites as is President Pus*y Grabber.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Yes they are a racist and sexist and homophobic and they are also the worst kid of Hypocrites as is President Pus*y Grabber.
    AND, my friend Ms. Roberta ... we forgot to add anti-Semitic! I truly hope you are able to find inner peace, love and happiness at this dark point in time.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Folks are just racist. I blame black and white celebrities who have credible evidence against them for being pedophiles and rapists. People making this a racial issue need to cut it out. We need to confront the rampant pedophilia that was always normalized in our community just like pedophilia was normalized for years in other communities. Both Robert and Trump are guilty as sin.
    Arguing with a cousin about this on Facebook. He says that this is all just a plot to bring down a powerful black man. He ignores my question when I ask him why he sides with the black male celebrity over the dozen-plus young black victims. When I ask if they're black like he is, he accuses me of being a sheep who's believing what white people want me to believe. He felt the same about Bill Cosby.

    What amazes me with these people is that they completely see women and girls as being less valuable then men, black or not.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Arguing with a cousin about this on Facebook. He says that this is all just a plot to bring down a powerful black man. He ignores my question when I ask him why he sides with the black male celebrity over the dozen-plus young black victims. When I ask if they're black like he is, he accuses me of being a sheep who's believing what white people want me to believe. He felt the same about Bill Cosby.

    What amazes me with these people is that they completely see women and girls as being less valuable then men, black or not.
    They truly don't. They think our girls are "fast" and "got what's coming to them". That sh*t is so messed up. No wonder they don't speak up!

    R. Kelly's daughter recently came out with a post on Instagram (I think) basically confirming to anyone with sense that R. Kelly was a monster and never was a father to her and she saw her mother being abused. That adds another element to how evil he is.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    AND, my friend Ms. Roberta ... we forgot to add anti-Semitic! I truly hope you are able to find inner peace, love and happiness at this dark point in time.
    I have inner peace which comes through my faith but lets just say im doing a lot more praying these days with the unstable orange one who is unfit to lead. Yours, with every good wish. Roberta

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Arguing with a cousin about this on Facebook. He says that this is all just a plot to bring down a powerful black man. He ignores my question when I ask him why he sides with the black male celebrity over the dozen-plus young black victims. When I ask if they're black like he is, he accuses me of being a sheep who's believing what white people want me to believe. He felt the same about Bill Cosby.

    What amazes me with these people is that they completely see women and girls as being less valuable then men, black or not.
    And they dont get the #MeToo movement. Wall Streets answer is to hire less women. Its all messed up but one by one predator and sexual abusers are getting caught.

  27. #27
    I just couldn’t resist!

    https://youtu.be/eafRE74JGZ8

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    I just couldn’t resist!

    https://youtu.be/eafRE74JGZ8
    LOL. I sent that to a knucklehead who was defending him but he ignored it.

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    LOL. I sent that to a knucklehead who was defending him but he ignored it.
    I cannot believe the number of people defending him or deflecting onto someone else! Making excuses because the public first found out about R. Kelly 25 years ago and he's been able to avoid prison, etc.

  30. #30
    In this #hashtag era there is something called the “cancel” culture . Ali, and Marvin Gaye are on the list for either dating/marrying/ or sexing minors- allegedly. Many of our favorites are on the list, for either sexual assault or physical abuse.

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    In this #hashtag era there is something called the “cancel” culture . Ali, and Marvin Gaye are on the list for either dating/marrying/ or sexing minors- allegedly. Many of our favorites are on the list, for either sexual assault or physical abuse.
    The most outrageous example of this was when someone posted a photo of Donald Trump with the caption "Why are you all attacking R. Kelly but THIS GUY gets a pass?" That one was really not worth shaking my head over because it was so stupid.

  32. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    The most outrageous example of this was when someone posted a photo of Donald Trump with the caption "Why are you all attacking R. Kelly but THIS GUY gets a pass?" That one was really not worth shaking my head over because it was so stupid.

    I am so tired of all the deflection that goes on these days in our society. Excuse anything and anyone by pointing the finger at someone else's wrong doing! It's sick.

  33. #33
    I’m finally getting a chance to actually see this miniseries; I’m nearing the end of the 5th episode and am utterly drained. What a flipping monster he is. dream hampton really aced this project; it’s stellar work by a novice to film/TV production. I’m gonna take a long, hot shower at the end of this...with holy water.

  34. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I’m finally getting a chance to actually see this miniseries; I’m nearing the end of the 5th episode and am utterly drained. What a flipping monster he is. dream hampton really aced this project; it’s stellar work by a novice to film/TV production. I’m gonna take a long, hot shower at the end of this...with holy water.
    Presuming you have completed your Silkwood shower, holy water rinse, Janet Jackson enema and Gwenyth Paltry toxcicity cleanse, may I presume you thought the reporting was honest? I don't have access to Lifetime so YOU become my voice of truth!

  35. #35
    I've always been skeptical of folks who use a letter for their first name...

  36. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Presuming you have completed your Silkwood shower, holy water rinse, Janet Jackson enema and Gwenyth Paltry toxcicity cleanse, may I presume you thought the reporting was honest? I don't have access to Lifetime so YOU become my voice of truth!
    Very credible, with first-hand accounts and even primary footage of parents being reunited with their daughters...and heartbreaking footage of some parents trying and failing. Completely unsettling.

  37. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    I've always been skeptical of folks who use a letter for their first name...
    Yeah, I knew a guy named I.P. Freeley who had pretty much the same issues as R. Kelly.

  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Yeah, I knew a guy named I.P. Freeley who had pretty much the same issues as R. Kelly.
    Did he attend Bring-‘em Young University?

  39. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Yeah, I knew a guy named I.P. Freeley who had pretty much the same issues as R. Kelly.
    You do not! Stop it Jerry! hehehehehehehehehe!!!!

  40. #40
    "I believe I can fly I believe I can testify......"
    Last edited by marv2; 01-13-2019 at 09:12 PM.

  41. #41
    "Fiesta, fiesta........molesta, molesta...."

    "I don’t See nutn wrong....... With a lil Prison Time"

    LOL!

  42. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Did he attend Bring-‘em Young University?
    Yeah, I'm gonna make somebody mad with this one!

  43. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    "I believe I can fly I believe I can testify......"
    My cousin is ready to unfriend me but I don't care. I'm hitting him with all of these. With the little prison time one too.

  44. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    My cousin is ready to unfriend me but I don't care. I'm hitting him with all of these. With the little prison time one too.
    Do it! Your cousin needs to be awakened.......!

  45. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    In this #hashtag era there is something called the “cancel” culture . Ali, and Marvin Gaye are on the list for either dating/marrying/ or sexing minors- allegedly. Many of our favorites are on the list, for either sexual assault or physical abuse.
    They need to cut that ish out. Neither Ali nor Marvin was as depraved as Robert. They basically wanna be like "if y'all can cancel Robert, can you cancel..." hell to the naw...

    And the dirt they claimed to find on Marvin was not even confirmed so they can keep it. Only thing they can bring up is Janis and that's not even a scandal at this point. Like what?
    Last edited by midnightman; 01-14-2019 at 12:50 AM.

  46. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Very credible, with first-hand accounts and even primary footage of parents being reunited with their daughters...and heartbreaking footage of some parents trying and failing. Completely unsettling.
    Right! Very creepy and unsettling.

  47. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Very credible, with first-hand accounts and even primary footage of parents being reunited with their daughters...and heartbreaking footage of some parents trying and failing. Completely unsettling.
    What is your opinion regarding what radio should do about his music?

  48. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    What is your opinion regarding what radio should do about his music?
    Dump his ass. His music is full of subliminals and downright sledgehammers and should be kicked off the airwaves.

  49. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Do it! Your cousin needs to be awakened.......!
    He's funny. He says anybody who believes the stories about R. Kelly is "sheep" and just turning their backs on a black man because we've been conditioned to hate our people. My brother and I have been tag teaming on him with some of the most hellacious trolling and he's ignored me for a couple of days. Nothing like a "woke" bruh who is walking around sound asleep.

  50. #50
    People acting like R. Kelly is a genius musician like Marvin Gaye or Donny Hathaway and they use that as the excuse they can't shun his music. Like his music is pretty darn basic IMHO.

    He's not even the greatest artist to come out of Chicago, that title belongs to Sam Cooke. Whatever "genius" he had, he sullied years ago trying to be some rapper. Eff him and his "music".

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.