[REMOVE ADS]

Chaka Khan / Hello Happiness cd out feb.15,2019

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/ne...llo-happiness/

Chaka Khan
    will release a new album Hello Happiness next month.

The soul legend’s 12th studio album is her first since 2007’s Funk This is released on new label Diary Records [[in conjunction with Island Records), the new label formed producer Switch with artist/songwriter Sara Ruba Taylor. The album features last year’s excellent single ‘Like Sugar’ and the equally great title track has just been made available.

Thanks! We'll hope it's a good one!

The song is ok but the arrangement and production ... oy gavalt. A 3:45 minute Chaka single with a 1:15 minute intro? And the lady's voice is mixed down and vocodered or whatever. A real shame because there's something in the song that makes me think of a great Rufus lp track with first-class instrumentation and the fog-Khan voice raising the rafters.

Nice! Like the tracks so far!!!

If you exclude her Rufus albums, you think "wow, just twelve albums?"

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    The song is ok but the arrangement and production ... oy gavalt. A 3:45 minute Chaka single with a 1:15 minute intro? And the lady's voice is mixed down and vocodered or whatever. A real shame because there's something in the song that makes me think of a great Rufus lp track with first-class instrumentation and the fog-Khan voice raising the rafters.
    Agreed! I also think it could do more to showcase her voice. Needs more funk and less synth. I will likely buy the album anyway, just to support her and hope that it will help her get more albums out there. It's been far too long since her last one...