[REMOVE ADS]

If DR Reunited with Ashford and Simpson

I've fallen in love with an Ashford and Simpson track that Roberta Flack did in 88 called Uh Uh Ooh Ooh Look Out Here It Comes. It made me wonder if D.R. should have reunited with them for her first Return to Motown album as opposed to Working Overtime. I think the song would have suited her. Thoughts, folks?

Last edited by Koach; 12-28-2018 at 11:27 PM.

I like the idea of Diana doing this song, but I'm not so sure about a reunion with A&S for a full album. By that time [[1989), I found their albums less thrilling than those from their classic Warner Bros. days.

I'm not that familiar with mid/late 80s Ashford & Simpson apart from "Solid", but having just checked out briefly their 1989 LP Love Or Physical I think it would have been a great idea to reunite them with Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Koach View Post
    I've fallen in love with an Ashford and Simpson track that Roberta Flack did in 88 called Uh Uh Ooh Ooh Look Out Here It Comes. It made me wonder if D.R. should have reunited with them for her first Return to Motown album as opposed to Working Overtime. I think the song would have suited her. Thoughts, folks?

I always loved this song and indeed the whole of Roberta's Oasis album. Her finest album in my opinion.I didn't know this was an Ashford and Simpson production. Did they do any other of the tracks on this wonderful album? I haven't played it in years. I do agree this song would have suited Diana. I had also lost interest in A and S by this time, but maybe this could have worked. Anything would have been better than the abysmal Working Overtime.

I took a look. Roberta wrote most of the tracks with others and Marcus Miller did the title track and another. My imagination has me wondering how this album would have faired if written for and released by DR in 89. Her being written and produced by the also great Roberta Flack would have been interesting.