[REMOVE ADS]

Cleaner & Clearer: The Supremes' "STOP!" Video [[Filmed At An Arcade)

https://youtu.be/BDT5v40fQaQ

Many, many thanks to É Arquivo É Canal 8 for this greatly improved YouTube posting.

Whoever said you couldn't restore a videotape? I wish my tape of old public-domain Paramount sing-along cartoons could've rescued from the landfill, spliced back together, baked, cleaned with a VHS head cleaner and shown again to me so I could solve some sort of Mandela effect question, does the first cartoon have the original opening logo or is it faked?

About Stop video is this a promotional music video Berry Gordy filmed for Motown? I don't know why this was a 9th generation copy of the music video.....
    If Berry filmed it why are Mary and Flo on Go-Karts? They're having a fun time shouldn't they be focusing on Skeeball and not singing if it was Berry? I guess it was Gordy's way of showing them they're goofballs and can't sing like Diana!

This was from a tv special called ITS A MOD MOD WORLD filmed at Palisades Park and hosted by Cousin Brucie. They also performed YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE.

Bad copies have been circulating for years. But I think TJ Lubinsky used first-generation clips of these for one of his recent PBS specials.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    This was from a tv special called ITS A MOD MOD WORLD filmed at Palisades Park and hosted by Cousin Brucie. They also performed YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE.

Bad copies have been circulating for years. But I think TJ Lubinsky used first-generation clips of these for one of his recent PBS specials.
    I saw this show on television when I was a kid. I've had a taped copy of it for about 20 years.

This was one odd performance having Mary & Flo driving around on carts while Diana just stands there. It’s just weird.

I love this clip - Flo looks like ten billion dollars and, as usual, Ross is Rossinig around shamelessly - and I wouldn’t have it any other way! Mary looks great as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    This was one odd performance having Mary & Flo driving around on carts while Diana just stands there. It’s just weird.
    That was the point. You would have to have seen the entire program. They had all of the acts perform in unconventional ways. It was suppose to represent the "Mod" movement that was going on at the time.

It’s still pretty weird. I cracked up when Mary went flying by. I’ve rarely seen Flo so animated.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That was the point. You would have to have seen the entire program. They had all of the acts perform in unconventional ways. It was suppose to represent the "Mod" movement that was going on at the time.
    very good point here and i hadn't thought of that. perhaps if we still had the color version that might be even more clear. better view of their outfits. i think they're sort of mod in their clothes but could have gone a bit more with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    very good point here and i hadn't thought of that. perhaps if we still had the color version that might be even more clear. better view of their outfits. i think they're sort of mod in their clothes but could have gone a bit more with it.
    I have older girl cousins that dressed just like that in the sixties.

Oh I like their outfits a lot. Flo looks especially hot in that midriff

But when I think of Mod I think more Rudi Gernreich, Pucci. Mary quant. The bold and bright fashions. The Twiggy look. The A line dress and minis. Patterned tights.

Diana is maybe the most typical of mod look here. I wouldn’t normally define women’s pants as part of the mod look. Although they all look sensational

Again it’s harder to judge since this is b&w.

Diana stood in one place and her feet almost never moved. BUT, she was the most exciting thing on 2 feet. I love how she lets go and grooves at 2:38.

This is a photo from the same performance date with New York-area DJ Hal Jackson.
    Name:  fullsizeoutput_4458.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  11.3 KB

Terrific photo, danman869. Thanks so much for posting! New to me and love getting the chance to see it.

Also thank yous to both reese and marv2 for the info about where the clip came from. Have always wondered about it. Never seemed quite like a performance clip but could never figure out what it was intended for or to do. But I always liked it just the same. Being a fan in the 60s was a lot of fun.

This clip and the still were shot in Pala
    sades Amusement Park in New Jersey.Just across the Hudson River From N.Y.C.

The Supremes provided the template for the Twiggys and Edie Sedgwicks of the world, not the other way around as some folks wanna say lol