[REMOVE ADS]

Josephine Premice Tribute in Today's NY Times

Thanks for posting this. I read a book written by Susan a while back about her mom and herself and it was very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I read a book written by Susan a while back about her mom and herself and it was very interesting.
    I'll have to look that book up; thank you for mentioning it. I remember Ms. Premice's reign over Broadway and NYC culture writ large in the 70's and was lucky enough to see her perform in 'Bubbling Brown Sugar'.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I'll have to look that book up; thank you for mentioning it. I remember Ms. Premice's reign over Broadway and NYC culture writ large in the 70's and was lucky enough to see her perform in 'Bubbling Brown Sugar'.
    Truth be told, I know of Miss Premice more from seeing her in JET and EBONY magazine when I was a kid. The only actual role I saw her play was when she appeared on THE JEFFERSONS as Louise's sister. I vaguely recall her appearing on A DIFFERENT WORLD as well. I was also surprised when I watched Whoopi Goldberg's first HBO special and saw Josephine and Carmen de Lavallade [[another classy lady) seated in the front row.
    Last edited by reese; 12-26-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Truth be told, I know of Miss Premice more from seeing her in JET and EBONY magazine when I was a kid. The only actual role I saw her play was when she appeared on THE JEFFERSONS as Louise's sister. I vaguely recall her appearing on A DIFFERENT WORLD as well. I was also surprised when I watched Whoopi Goldberg's first HBO special and saw Josephine and Carmen de Lavallade [[another classy lady) seated in the front row.
    Man, I'm obsessed with Premice...and I've reached my limit of free NYT articles this month [[grrr...). Susan's book was utterly amazing. Reese, you've also seen her in her brief scene in The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman​ as Mme. Gautier, the soothsayer who tells Jane of impending doom from a white horse.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Man, I'm obsessed with Premice...and I've reached my limit of free NYT articles this month [[grrr...). Susan's book was utterly amazing. Reese, you've also seen her in her brief scene in The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman​ as Mme. Gautier, the soothsayer who tells Jane of impending doom from a white horse.
    After I wrote my last post, I did a Google search on Miss Premice and a photo from JANE PITTMAN came up. So yes, I saw that as well, although I haven't watched it in many years. Might be time to pull it out again.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Susan's book is ALWAYS WEAR JOY.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Your NYT limit is a bummer but do look the piece up in January. Lots of BIG photos, all beautiful.