[REMOVE ADS]

Regina Belle "Show Me The Way: The Columbia Anthology" 2CD set [2019-02-15]

Description
    SoulMusic Records is proud to present “Show Me The Way: The Columbia Anthology,” a 29-track 2-CD retrospective drawn from the four albums recorded by award-winning songstress Regina Belle between 1987-1995.

New Jersey-born Regina’s innate musical talents were evident from her formative years singing in her uncle’s church through to her skills as a multi-instrumentalist in high school and then at the prestigious Manhattan School Of Music where she studied opera. At Rutgers University in the early ‘80s, Regina formed her own band, at the same time creating a distinctive vocal style that drew from musical influences in jazz [[iBillie Holiday) and soul [[Donny Hathaway) among others.

Renowned New York radio personality Vaughn Harper saw one of Regina’s shows at Rutgers and recommended her to hitmaking vocal group The Manhattans and in 1986, Regina recorded ‘Where Did We Go Wrong’, as a duet with the group [[with whom she had begun performing) and in the wake of its success, she signed with Columbia Records.

This anthology features the original album versions of [[10) of Regina’s US charted singles [[including the Belle classics, ‘So Many Tears’, ‘Show Me The Way’, ‘This Is Love’, ‘If I Could’ and her two #1 US R&B hits, ‘Baby Come To Me’ and ‘Make It Like It Was’ and the UK/European-only charted single ‘Good Lovin’’; as well as duets with James ‘J.T.’ Taylor [[‘All I Want Is Forever’), Johnny Mathis [[‘Better Together’) and Peabo Bryson [[‘I Can’t Imagine’); and a 1987 ‘Cool Mix’ of ‘So Many Tears’.
    Prime tracks from Regina’s 1987 “All By Myself” debut LP, her two certified gold albums – 1989’s “Stay With Me” and 1993’s “Passion” – and her final Columbia set, 1995’s “Reachin’ Back” selected for this anthology showcase Regina’s vocal prowess and dexterity as a stellar lyrical interpreter on a diversity of material.
    Liner notes by renowned US writer Kevin Goins include quotes from producers Nick Martinelli, Narada Michael Walden and Barry Eastmond among others.
    Tracklist
    [CD1: So Many Tears]
    1. You Got The Love [[Remix)
    2. Gotta Give It Up
    3. Good Lovin’
    4. How Could You Do It To Me [[Remix)
    5. Show Me The Way
    6. Please Be Mine
    7. After The Love Has Lost Its Shine
    8. Baby Come To Me
    9. Intimate Relations
    10. This Is Love
    11. All I Want Is Forever – James “J.T.” Taylor & Regina Belle
    12. Make It Like It Was
    13. It Doesn’t Hurt Anymore
    14. What Goes Around
    15. So Many Tears

[CD2: Dream In Colour]
    1. Do You Wanna Get Serious
    2. Interlude/Passion
    3. Quiet Time
    4. Love
    5. Someday We’ll All Be Free/Save The Children
    6. If I Could
    7. Dream In Color
    8. Better Together – with Johnny Mathis
    9. Could It Be I’m Falling In Love
    10. Love T.K.O.
    11. I’ll Be Around
    12. You Make Me Feel Brand New
    13. I Can’t Imagine – Peabo Bryson [[feat. Regina Belle)
    14. So Many Tears [[Cool Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Description
    SoulMusic Records is proud to present “Show Me The Way: The Columbia Anthology,” a 29-track 2-CD retrospective drawn from the four albums recorded by award-winning songstress Regina Belle between 1987-1995.

New Jersey-born Regina’s innate musical talents were evident from her formative years singing in her uncle’s church through to her skills as a multi-instrumentalist in high school and then at the prestigious Manhattan School Of Music where she studied opera. At Rutgers University in the early ‘80s, Regina formed her own band, at the same time creating a distinctive vocal style that drew from musical influences in jazz [[iBillie Holiday) and soul [[Donny Hathaway) among others.

Renowned New York radio personality Vaughn Harper saw one of Regina’s shows at Rutgers and recommended her to hitmaking vocal group The Manhattans and in 1986, Regina recorded ‘Where Did We Go Wrong’, as a duet with the group [[with whom she had begun performing) and in the wake of its success, she signed with Columbia Records.

This anthology features the original album versions of [[10) of Regina’s US charted singles [[including the Belle classics, ‘So Many Tears’, ‘Show Me The Way’, ‘This Is Love’, ‘If I Could’ and her two #1 US R&B hits, ‘Baby Come To Me’ and ‘Make It Like It Was’ and the UK/European-only charted single ‘Good Lovin’’; as well as duets with James ‘J.T.’ Taylor [[‘All I Want Is Forever’), Johnny Mathis [[‘Better Together’) and Peabo Bryson [[‘I Can’t Imagine’); and a 1987 ‘Cool Mix’ of ‘So Many Tears’.
    Prime tracks from Regina’s 1987 “All By Myself” debut LP, her two certified gold albums – 1989’s “Stay With Me” and 1993’s “Passion” – and her final Columbia set, 1995’s “Reachin’ Back” selected for this anthology showcase Regina’s vocal prowess and dexterity as a stellar lyrical interpreter on a diversity of material.
    Liner notes by renowned US writer Kevin Goins include quotes from producers Nick Martinelli, Narada Michael Walden and Barry Eastmond among others.
    Tracklist
    [CD1: So Many Tears]
    1. You Got The Love [[Remix)
    2. Gotta Give It Up
    3. Good Lovin’
    4. How Could You Do It To Me [[Remix)
    5. Show Me The Way
    6. Please Be Mine
    7. After The Love Has Lost Its Shine
    8. Baby Come To Me
    9. Intimate Relations
    10. This Is Love
    11. All I Want Is Forever – James “J.T.” Taylor & Regina Belle
    12. Make It Like It Was
    13. It Doesn’t Hurt Anymore
    14. What Goes Around
    15. So Many Tears

[CD2: Dream In Colour]
    1. Do You Wanna Get Serious
    2. Interlude/Passion
    3. Quiet Time
    4. Love
    5. Someday We’ll All Be Free/Save The Children
    6. If I Could
    7. Dream In Color
    8. Better Together – with Johnny Mathis
    9. Could It Be I’m Falling In Love
    10. Love T.K.O.
    11. I’ll Be Around
    12. You Make Me Feel Brand New
    13. I Can’t Imagine – Peabo Bryson [[feat. Regina Belle)
    14. So Many Tears [[Cool Mix)
    Looks like a great compilation. Regina Belle is up there with the very best female vocalists. I have all the original albums so i will probably not buy this one, but for anyone not familiar with her work this is a great way to hear what you have been missing out on.

I just found out that on the new Will Downing The Promise there is a duet with Regina: Changed.

This is strictly for new or casual fans. No new or unreleased material.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    I just found out that on the new Will Downing The Promise there is a duet with Regina: Changed.
    I shall check that out Jack. Thank you.